Cuba's 5th Seminar to Focus on Communication and Tourism
The topic of Cuba holidays will be on the agenda at the 5th Seminar on Communication and Tourism which will take place on Sunday 2 May, just before the 30th edition of Cuba's International Tourism Fair 2010 take place from 3 - 8 May.
The seminar will be taking place at the Melia Cohiba Hotel in Havana and aims to boost the links between journalism and tourism and hopes to provide the opportunity to set up exchanges between professionals in the journalism industry whilst promoting hot tourist spots in the Americas and travel to Cuba.
The event will be opened by the organiser of the Seminar, the President of the International Association of Latin Tourism Journalists and Writers, Julio Cesar Debali. The Seminar is backed by Cuba's Tourism Ministry, Cuba's Tourism Office for the Southern Cone in Argentina, the venue host, Sol Melia Hotel chain and Cubana Airlines.
The meeting will include presentations on the importance of building links between the media and the promoting the region, whilst encouraging travellers from all over the world to consider Cuba holidays. Presentations will be held by specialist journalists in the sector including Spanish expert, Luis Callejon, who will hold a talk on Tourist Globalisation and Crisis; and Moises Pinchevsky from Ecuador who will discuss Journalistic Reports as a Vehicle for Travelling.
The Seminar takes place just before the International Tourism Fair in Havana which will this year focus on attracting more Russian travellers to take Cuba holidays and be guests in the ever-increasing Cuba hotels available to tourists. The 30th International Tourism Fair will take place at the Morro-Cabana Complex in Havana and will also dedicate discussions to Events and Incentives and focus on the eastern side of the stunning Caribbean island as up and coming tourist destination.
Situated in the Caribbean Sea, Cuba offers travellers of all ages a wealth of a culture, historic sites and attractions, watersports, authentic and luxury accommodation, a vibrant music and dance scene, miles of pristine beaches, and a warm tropical climate; all within some of the world's most breathtaking scenery.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Lifelong memories await for you in the pristine beaches of Varadero and one of Havana's most iconic hotels
- Indulge in a number of all-inclusive restaurants at Iberostar Tainos, from delicious Japanese cuisine to international fine-dining experiences
- Capture the 1950's swing vibe when staying at Habana Riviera Hotel steeped in history with the lobby bar in particular having a genuine 50's atmosphere
- Why not to upgrade your arrival transfer to an american vintage car for an extra £19 per person
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana, staying in the residence of the 'stars', with a relaxing beach holiday in Cuba's world famous resort, Varadero
- Nacional De Cuba hotel is considered a symbol of history, culture and Cuban identity
- Iberostar Laguna Azul offers 15 bars and restaurants, and worldwide cuisines
- Enjoy watersports including windsurfing, sailing, kayaking, paddleboats, and snorkelling
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
- Full range of spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from the NH Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Fall in love with Havana and its heritage before basking on the pristine shores of Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the azure waters when staying at Melia Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...