Banyan Tree expects 7% of luxury hotels revenues to come from Middle East
Banyan Tree Hotels & Resorts, who specialise in providing luxury holidays for travellers, have announced that they expect approximately five to seven percent of their total global revenues to come from the Middle East over the next two years.
The Singapore-based luxury hotels and resorts operator are part of the Banyan Tree Holdings group and are expecting to double their current number of six luxury hotels in the Middle East region within the next two years.
Group Managing Director of Banyan Tree Holdings, Ariel Vera commented:
"Once we open the projects, which we currently have in the pipeline in the Middle East, every year we would look at an estimated management fee of S$5 million (Dh13.34m) coming out of this region. With regards to revenues, we are expecting about five to seven per cent of our total global revenues to come out of this region in the next two years."
Banyan Tree Holdings also have the Angsana brand in their portfolio and with the both brands, the company is looking at a turnover of at least S$300 million for 2009, with numbers expected to be even higher for 2010. Current projects in Banyan Tree's portfolio include management contracts for two Oman hotels and two Egypt hotels; a Ras Al Khaimah property; and resort in Abu Dhabi - all designed to provide luxury holidays for travellers from all over the globe.
Vera commented on the potential of adding Dubai hotels to their portfolio, saying:
"We have no active project in Dubai as of now. There were several projects we signed in Dubai but unfortunately some of them got cancelled because of economic and financial issues."
"Overall, we remain committed to business prospects in the Middle East and are progressing on several projects there in our pipeline. We will continue to work with owners who place a high importance on the quality of the service and product and in the sanctity of contractual obligations, and believe that the growing strength of the brand will ultimately benefit the hotel they own."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Complimentary shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool Access
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable adventure at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a wide range of dining options
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Start your Cuban experience at the Nh Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...