Canadian holiday makers attracted to Cuba by its history, traditions, and miles of sandy beaches
Cuba's attempts to lure Canadian travellers to its Caribbean shores are paying off. The number of Canadians taking Cuba holidays grows, in Cuba they escape the cold winter and enjoy a break in Cuba natural beauty and a traditional, calming way of life.
Cuba holidays are amongst the firm favourites for Canadian travellers when it comes to taking trips to tropical destinations. With over 800,000 visitors from the North American country during 2008, Canadians make up 36 per cent of foreign visitors to the stunning island of Cuba.
With so much to see and do across the island, it is no wonder that such a high number of Canadian travellers take holidays in Cuba throughout the year.
Surrounded by sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea, Cuba is the main of four islands positioned between the U.S (North West), Haiti (east), the Cayman Islands (south) and nearby Mexico (west).
With a tropical climate, endless sunshine, stunning scenery, and the lifestyle full of traditions, culture and passion, the region is becoming increasingly popular and has travellers from all over the world choosing to book Cuba holidays again and again.
Popular locations within the islands of Cuba include Guardalavaca, Cuba's ecotourism hotspot; the vivacious capital city of Havana full of heritage buildings and lively cabarets; Playa Esmeralda, famous for its emerald waters and snorkelling spots; Cayo Saetia, a 42km long island home to a stunning former game reserve full of spectacular fauna and wildlife including zebras with dazzling coastal views; and Varadero, home to some of the world's most stunning pristine sandy beaches and a large number of Cuba hotels and accommodation.
Travellers taking Cuba holidays have a range of activities to take part in, from water sports such as diving, sailing, snorkelling, swimming with dolphins, and boat excursions, to tours of historical Cuban cities, safaris in nature parks, or relaxing on one of the many beaches with a traditional refreshing cocktail.
As the global economy slowly recovers over the next few months, Cuba is expected to receive a high number of visitors, desperate to escape the cold temperatures of their own countries, and keen to embrace the essence of Cuban culture and relaxed way of life.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Lifelong memories await for you in the pristine beaches of Varadero and one of Havana's most iconic hotels
- Indulge in a number of all-inclusive restaurants at Iberostar Tainos, from delicious Japanese cuisine to international fine-dining experiences
- Capture the 1950's swing vibe when staying at Habana Riviera Hotel steeped in history with the lobby bar in particular having a genuine 50's atmosphere
- Why not to upgrade your arrival transfer to an american vintage car for an extra £19 per person
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana, staying in the residence of the 'stars', with a relaxing beach holiday in Cuba's world famous resort, Varadero
- Nacional De Cuba hotel is considered a symbol of history, culture and Cuban identity
- Iberostar Laguna Azul offers 15 bars and restaurants, and worldwide cuisines
- Enjoy watersports including windsurfing, sailing, kayaking, paddleboats, and snorkelling
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
- Full range of spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from the NH Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Fall in love with Havana and its heritage before basking on the pristine shores of Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the azure waters when staying at Melia Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...