Canadian holiday makers attracted to Cuba by its history, traditions, and miles of sandy beaches
Cuba's attempts to lure Canadian travellers to its Caribbean shores are paying off. The number of Canadians taking Cuba holidays grows, in Cuba they escape the cold winter and enjoy a break in Cuba natural beauty and a traditional, calming way of life.
Cuba holidays are amongst the firm favourites for Canadian travellers when it comes to taking trips to tropical destinations. With over 800,000 visitors from the North American country during 2008, Canadians make up 36 per cent of foreign visitors to the stunning island of Cuba.
With so much to see and do across the island, it is no wonder that such a high number of Canadian travellers take holidays in Cuba throughout the year.
Surrounded by sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea, Cuba is the main of four islands positioned between the U.S (North West), Haiti (east), the Cayman Islands (south) and nearby Mexico (west).
With a tropical climate, endless sunshine, stunning scenery, and the lifestyle full of traditions, culture and passion, the region is becoming increasingly popular and has travellers from all over the world choosing to book Cuba holidays again and again.
Popular locations within the islands of Cuba include Guardalavaca, Cuba's ecotourism hotspot; the vivacious capital city of Havana full of heritage buildings and lively cabarets; Playa Esmeralda, famous for its emerald waters and snorkelling spots; Cayo Saetia, a 42km long island home to a stunning former game reserve full of spectacular fauna and wildlife including zebras with dazzling coastal views; and Varadero, home to some of the world's most stunning pristine sandy beaches and a large number of Cuba hotels and accommodation.
Travellers taking Cuba holidays have a range of activities to take part in, from water sports such as diving, sailing, snorkelling, swimming with dolphins, and boat excursions, to tours of historical Cuban cities, safaris in nature parks, or relaxing on one of the many beaches with a traditional refreshing cocktail.
As the global economy slowly recovers over the next few months, Cuba is expected to receive a high number of visitors, desperate to escape the cold temperatures of their own countries, and keen to embrace the essence of Cuban culture and relaxed way of life.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- IBEROSTAR Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at IBEROSTAR Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Start your Cuban experience at the Nh Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...