Antigua Eco Kayak Trip
Duration: Half Day
If you are looking for an eco adventure in paradise during your holiday in Antigua, there are plenty of exciting options available. "Paddles" Kayak Club offers a range of activities, including kayaking, snorkeling, motor boating and hiking along some of the most beautiful and unspoiled coastal areas in the Caribbean. Spectacular scenery and wildlife await you on this unforgettable adventure off the beaten track.
Starting from the clubhouse in the quaint village of Seatons on Antigua’s stunning East Coast, your half day tour will begin with a motorboat ride across the crystal clear waters of Mercer's Creek before reaching a tranquil emerald lagoon to board your kayak. After a short safety briefing and a demonstration of paddling techniques, your experienced guides will reveal some of Antigua’s most beautiful natural treasures as you set off to North Sound Marine Park. Discover tiny uninhabited islands, tranquil fishing coves and beautiful bays as you explore areas accessible only by boat. Paddling through the peaceful mangrove channels will enable you to see and learn about the incredible variety of endemic wildlife that reside in and around these delicate ecosystems.
Kayaking is an ideal way to get close to nature as it is such a tranquil water sport, and you will be rewarded with numerous sightings of birds, animals and sea creatures without disturbing them. If you choose to go snorkeling, you will see a myriad of marine species such as sea cucumbers, crabs, starfish, turtles, upside down jellyfish, octopus and sea urchins, as well as hundreds of tropical fish. The lush mangroves are also important habitats for hundreds of endemic and migratory birds, which come here to feed, roost and nest in peaceful surroundings. Brown pelicans, laughing gulls, terns, herons, kingfishers, turtle doves, ospreys and mangrove cuckoos can often be spotted flying and diving for fish here.
If you are eager to discover even more of the local wildlife, nature walks are available at the uninhabited Great Bird Island. Here you will see many more bird species such as frigate birds, noddies, red-billed tropic birds, hummingbirds and West Indian whistling ducks, whilst gaining some wonderful views of Antigua’s coastline. Rich in marine life, Bird Island is also one of the best places to snorkel in Antigua as it boasts spectacular coral reefs and an abundance of marine life. Nature lovers will be in their element.
If you are looking for something a bit more exhilarating, high speed boat rides are also available, taking you past the North Sound islands James Bond-style. Whatever activity you choose to do, this educational and fun-filled day will prove popular with the whole family.
Antigua Holidays Browse all
Discover Antigua and Grenada at Halcyon Cove and Grenadian by Rex Resorts
- Water and Land Activities available at both properties
- Unique beach locations at both properties
- Good dining options at both properties
An excellent value twin centre at Hawksbill Beach by Rex Resorts and Grenadian by Rex Resorts
- Enjoy a Free room upgrade at both Antigua and Grenada
- Excellent value twin-centre trip including all travel
- Unique locations with 4 beaches in Antigua near to Hawksbill by Rex Resorts and 2 by Grenadian by Rex Resorts
- Great Dining Options and excellent bars in both properties
Take time out to be you in Tobago and Antigua
- Simply bask upon an array of Caribbean beaches or sample various activities
- Discover Antigua’s beaches and visit the capital, St Johns
- Discover untouched and laidback Tobago
Discover Antigua's prestine Beaches at St James's Club and Villas then St Lucia's Vibrant Culture at St James's Club, Morgan Bay
- This combined holiday includes All Inclusive at both properties and all of your flights and transfers
- St James's Club Morgan Bay is situated minutes from the world famous Rodney Bay marina and Gros Islet
- St James's Club and Villas boasts breathtaking ocean views on a private 100-acre peninsula
Undergo an exclusive private getaway at Tobago's Mount Irvine Bay Hotel & Golf Club and Antigua's The Verandah Resort & Spa
- Experience an historically pure getaway at the Mount Irvine Bay Hotel & Golf Club, located amidst an old sugar and coconut plantation
- Mount Irvine Bay Resort boasts an award winning 18-hole golf course
- Enjoy the wonders of the National Park and over 30 acres of lush gardens which surround the eco-friendly Verandah Resort & Spa
- The Verandah Resort & Spa is home to the largest freeform pool in Antigua
Relax and unwind at the wonderful Hodges Bay Resort by Elegant Hotels in Antigua and Crystal Cove by Elegant Hotels in Barbados
- Swim through a waterfall during your stay at Crystal Cove by Elegant Hotels and reward yourself with a refreshing drink at The Cave bar after your swim
- Make the most of an extensive range of facilities at Hodges Bay by Elegant Hotels, including a deluxe spa, water sports, 3 pools, tropical gardens, and much more
- Discover a number of Caribbean charms including Barbados' famous west coast and Antigua's calm waters and coral reefs
Come and soak up the sun with two great value hotels that offer something for families and couples. Starting with...
This twin centre allows you to experience the best of two beautiful Caribbean Islands for one fixed price. Starting with...
The Verandah Resort & Spa is hidden in an idyllic bay on the unspoilt northeast coast of Antigua. Set on 30 beachfront...
starfish jolly beach resort is set amongst 40 acres of tropical gardens on an amazing mile-long white sand beach. This...
Nestled upon Rodney Bay, The All-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts boasts direct access to the pristine white sands of...
Set in 37 acres of landscaped tropical gardens, the Hawksbill by Rex Resorts is a special little Caribbean hideaway that...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Antigua
Antigua NewsBrowse all Antigua News
Rosewood Hotels and Resorts has revealed that it will add a new Caribbean property to its portfolio in 2021. The Rosewood Half Moon Bay will be located on the tropical island of Antigua, and it will have 47 pavilion-style suites that face the bay and ocean. There will also be upscale facilities including beachfront pools, tennis courts, Sense, A Rosewood Spa, and a biodynamic farm.
The Blue Waters, Resort & Spa in Antigua has appointed a new General Manager. Kevin Phillips, originally from Barbados, joins the luxury resort following a managerial role at the Carlisle Bay Resort in Antigua. Phillips brings years of expertise and experience with him to the new role, after working at luxury resorts in the British Virgin Islands and Barbados.
The long-anticipated redevelopment of one of the Caribbean's most lauded beaches is well underway with the appointment of a hotel management company and a date set for the opening of the new Rosewood Half Moon Bay Antigua in 2021.