Rated 4.1 of 5
Holidays in Egypt
Holiday to Egypt
I must write to express the gratitude of our party on our recent trip to Egypt.
You may remember that we had originally booked to attend our son's wedding in Alexandria on 7th April, but were badly let down when Cosmos advised, after receipt of full payment and confirmation of booking, that they could not meet our requirements - which is where you came to the rescue.
We were met at Cairo airport (immediately after stepping off the plane) by your agents (Excel Travel / The Holiday place). Visa's and transit through immigration was effortless with the agents taking control of everything. We were escorted to a waiting mini-bus and taken to our first hotel whereby the agent (Ahmed Gabr) arranged check-in at the Movenpick Media City hotel and arranged to meet us in a few days for our onward journey to Alexandria. This hotel was clean and service attentive, however, to our cost we discovered that the hotel provided taxi's were an experience to say the least. After several hours of our driver being "lost" in Cairo amid the manic traffic and taking us to the wrong locations, only a phone call to Ahmed (Excel) resoved the situation to our satisfaction - well nearly!!. On return, the hotel was unconcerned over the incident although Ahmed was most apologetic (even though this was not at any point any of his doing). Ahmed recommended that we contact him (Excel) for any future trips, or indeed any requirements we had - this we did without further incident - thanks again Ahmed. Drinks were expensive at the Movenpick as you are a captive audience - nothing close by to walk to so no competition - £19.00 Sterling for six cans of Pepsi!!! - food OK, but not great.
Our journey to Alexandria (four hours with stops) was both comfortable and safe. We were again collected by the Excel agents. Our mini-bus driver and our guide (Ahmed Shahin) were both friendly a pleasure to travel with, indicating points of interest and local culture / customs along the way. Again our check-in at the Sheraton Montazah hotel was taken care of by Ahmed Shahin and again the rooms provided were very good. Again, we were contacted by phone shortly after arrival in Alexandria by Excel Travel (Ahmed Gabr) to confirm everything was OK and to our satisfaction. Food was better at this hotel and the location was good for things to see on foot. Prices were also more reasonable with shops nearby.
The agents again arrived for our return journey to Cairo where we were transported safely to the Hilton Pyramids Hotel Golf resort. Again check-in was completed for us, followed by a phone call a little later to confirm all was again OK. This hotel was excellent. I don't know why, but wew were given the Safari Suite (on two floors) plus another room. Attention to detail was faultless, the food was superb and to our surprise prices were very reasonable. Our only regret at this location was that we had not stayed here for the first three nights as this hotel is only a few miles from the Movenpick we stayed at initially, but with far more facilities and luxuries / amenities.
Finally, we were collected and returned to the airport whereby we were escorted though security, check-in, immigration and to the gate by staff from Excel Travel. Please onpass our sincere thanks to all concerned in making our visit to Egypt a pleasure and trouble free experience.
We will have no hesitation in making the Holiday Place our first call for future trips - of whatever nature or destination based on this experience and will be recommending your Company to family, friends and work colleagues for their holiday requirements..
Thanks again from all our party.
Pete and Rena Faulkner
Egypt Holidays Browse all
Explore the historical surroundings and have a comfortable stay at Mercure Cairo le Sphinx
- Only 35 kilometres from Cairo's international airport
- Guests can enjoy the swimming pool or benefit from the Jacuzzi and all massage treatments the hotel offers
- Rooftop terrace with a memorable breathtaking views of the pyramids
Located in the heart of Luxor's tourist district, there is plenty to see and do.
- Luxor Temple, Luxor Museum, Karnak Temple and the Valley of the Kings are easily accessible from the hotel
- A wonderful outdoor pool, where guests can cool off, relax and enjoy the spectacular views of the magnificent Nile. A health club with massage, sauna and fitness room
- A magnificent position right on the banks of the River Nile
Relax on the sandy beach or join in the various activities on offer at his fantastic hotel
- AMC Royal Hotel is set on the sandy beach of the Red Sea in-between Hurghada and El Gouna
- They have various activities on offer at the hotel including a daily animation programme, non motorised water sports and nightly entertainment
- There is various food options available especially at dinner with a buffet nightly themed restaurant, Italian buffet restaurant and a Oriental themed restaurant
Ideally located on the eastern bank of the Nile, the hotel offers an oasis of luxury with excellent facilities and beautiful views across the Nile
- This hotel is a haven of relaxation where you can lie back in a sun lounge immersed in one of the hotel's infinity pools or relax in a shaded hammock and take in the views
- There are seven restaurants and bars to chose from including the elegant Sunset Lounge and Terrace which serves cocktails and snacks as well as stunning sunset views
- The Hilton Luxor features contemporary guest rooms, excellent facilities and uninterrupted views across the Nile
Introduce yourself to centuries of history on the River Nile and in Luxor before heading to the world's ancient wonders, the Pyramids and amazing Cairo
- Upgrade to the Full Excursions Package on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise from £249pp
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Le Meridien Pyramids
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise
Soma Bay Diving Centre offers guests a chance to explore the magnificent coral reefs in the tranquil calm waters of the Red Sea.
- The hotel's dramatic architecture was inspired by the temple at Karnak, combining the splendours of ancient egypt with the comforts of the modern world
- Guests can take advantage of the natural healing powers of the renowned waters and sands of Soma Bay
- The Red sea is renowned for its marine life so guests can take full advantage of the wonderful diving and snorkelling opportunities
Discover Egypt's beautiful capital as you take a 15-day holiday at the amazing Sofitel El Gezirah hotel. Set on a small...
Enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the all-inclusive Hilton Hurghada Resort in Egypt and discover a...
Le Meridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of Giza. Set just a short...
Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of Giza. Set just a...
Start your holiday at Le Méridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of...
Cairo is a place of rich contrasts; a bustling metropolis which still hosts some of Egypt's most treasured historical...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...
Get to know some of the most amazing sites in Egypt during a luxurious 15-day stay at the Sheraton Cairo Hotel, Towers...
Rising above the city, overlooking the mighty River Nile is one of Cairo's classiest hotels. The five-star Ramses Hilton...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT