The Minister of Tourism for Antigua and Barbuda, Asot Michael, has announced its plans to enhance the cruise facilities on the twin-island Caribbean nation. The smaller island of Barbuda is to be turned into a cruise destination, while the main island of Antigua will see further construction work following an investment of nearly $50 million in the main harbour in St Johns last year.
In a nod to all women celebrating International Women's Day yesterday, Elite Island Resorts stepped up to the plate by releasing a candid video featuring their female staff across all of their eight resorts in the Caribbean. These beautiful proud ladies danced, lip-synched and strutted their stuff to the tunes of two empowering songs about women while showcasing the beauty of the resorts and their paradisiacal beachfront location.
Ground has been broken on the expansion of the Dover Beach project in Barbados by Sandals Resorts International. The construction of "Sandals Barbados Phase II" is scheduled to be completed by November, 2017, and will include the addition of 222 guest rooms and suites, seven new swimming pools, five restaurants, a spa and wellness sanctuary, and an entertainment centre.
Episode 1 of the Top Chef U.S. season finale was recently shot in Mexico and the chosen location for part of the filming was the Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya, where the three finalists also stayed. Throughout the episode viewers can not only appreciate the beauty of the Mexican Yucatan Peninsula but also get a glimpse of the adults-only resort's luxury facilities, sophisticated accommodation and sleek layout. The prize for the winner of the first challenge was a 7-night trip to a Secrets resort.
The Caribbean Tourism Organisation has revealed that Barbados recorded a 6.7 per cent increase in international visitors in 2016, compared to 2015. The Barbados Statistical Service reported that the Caribbean island received 631,513 stay-over visitors between January and December last year, and there was an increase of arrivals every month of the year except for April.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Head to Promthep Cape for the most beautiful sunset in Thailand
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak in the vitamin D on Phuket’s sun-kissed coastline with a stay the Rawai Palm Beach Resort, a matter of steps from...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...