In their quest to diversify Qatar’s economy away from oil and gas, officials are continuing to bet big on the emirate’s tourism sector. At the Hospitality Qatar 2016 expo, it was announced that Qatar’s hospitality sector would receive $40bn in investments over the next 15 years, which would result in an additional 105 hotels.
Airports can often be the dullest places to hang out with long queues at check-in and security, and then a just few shops and restaurants when you finally get through. However, many airports are now striving to offer passengers more when they travel, and Hamad International Airport in Doha, Qatar has been named as the "coolest" airport in the world by the deals website Travelzoo.
The Qatar Tourism Authority has announced it will implement a new grading and classification system for hotels. The environmental sustainability and management of the hotels will also be evaluated for the first time, and properties will be graded using a star-rating system that will rate the public areas, accommodation and facilities.
Qatar Airways continues to work towards meeting the needs of its customers. The airline has now launch the latest addition to its UAE portfolio with flights between Doha and Ras Al Khaimah. The announcement follows the successful Travel Festival campaign held in January where customers were able to benefit from major discounts on flights to top destinations around the world.
Qatar Airways has launched a brand new Travel Festival that offers travellers a range of dream deals and discounts. The airline's week-long promotion has a variety of exclusive packages designed for families, groups, couples and more, and includes 2-for-1 tickets, 50 per cent discounts, and discounts on hotels and car rental.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Head to Promthep Cape for the most beautiful sunset in Thailand
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...