The Sinkeh Hotel in George Town in Malaysia has won an award in the Cityscape Awards for Emerging Markets. The hotel on Penang Island won the Leisure & Hospitality (Built) category, and beat hotels including Hyatt Regency Dubai Creek Heights and Zaya Nurai Island Resort in Abu Dhabi. The boutique property has nine guest rooms and a studio space that is used for community arts rehearsals and performances.
Malaysia will be European Travel Agents’ and Tour Operators’ Association’s preferred travel destination of 2018
The Malaysia Tourism Promotion Board and the European Travel Agents’ and Tour Operators’ Associations (ECTAA) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to make Malaysia ECTAA’s preferred travel destination in 2018. The agreement will allow thousands of travel agents across Europe to promote Malaysia and its tourism products to help boost tourism numbers from Europe.
The tourism industry in Malaysia is on the road to recovery after new figures reveal that there was a four per cent rise in tourists in 2016 compared to the year before. Last year, the South East Asian country received 26.8 million tourists compared to 25.7 million in 2015, and this is said to be due to improved flights and a good foreign exchange rate.
With a blend of historic sites, adventurous attractions and spectacular scenery, Malaysia offers visitors a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Rich in modern and age-old traditions, uncover the diversity of 16 unique experiences you don't want to miss on your travels to this South-eastern Asia destination.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...