Banyan Tree Hotels and Resorts will add Malaysia to its portfolio during the upcoming summer. The lavish property by the Singapore-based brand will open in Kuala Lumpur's Golden Triangle. Once complete, the resort will treat its guests to comfort, luxury and attentive services, as an oasis of peace amidst the urban centre.
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts has appointed a new Resort Manager at the Four Seasons Resort Langkawi in Malaysia. Melissa Tang has taken over the role at the luxury resort, after spending the last four years at Four Seasons Hotel Guangzhou in two management roles. Tang brings more than 20 years of hospitality experience and knowledge to the new role.
A new tourism tax has been enforced in Malaysia that will see foreign tourists pay a flat rate per room per night at hotels across the country. The RM10 ($2.30) flat rate will apply to all hotels in the country, from budget to luxury, but it will not be applied to properties with five rooms of less, homestays and village stays. Domestic tourists will be exempt from the tax.
Malaysia is fortunate in having a long coastline with numerous beautiful beaches. The Guardian recently picked ten of the best of the country’s beach resorts for budget travellers. Among the picks are basic wooden chalets with shared baths and comfortable resorts with modern amenities. Whatever your pick, you’re sure to be charmed by the natural beauty of Malaysia.
The St Regis Langkawi Resort in Malaysia has appointed three new "kings of the kitchen". Gaetan Biesuz, Robby Motota, Beno Wicaksana will all combine their culinary talents to create a unique and delicious dining experience for guests who can chose from a variety of indoor and outdoor settings, including the Kayu Puti, a specialty restaurant that is perched over the water.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...