As one of the most charming destinations in the Middle East, Jordan is filled with amazing sites to discover that make for thrilling adventures. Travel blogger Emma Thomson from UK newspaper The Independent recently reported her experience in Jordan and recommended some of the top activities that visitors can sign up for whilst enjoying holidays in this enchanting and enigmatic destination.
The Jordanian resort town of Aqaba beside the Red Sea is now more accessible to travellers than ever as airline Royal Jordanian have added prompt same-day connecting flights from the country’s capital Amman down to Aqaba that includes free carriage of scuba diving gear.
The Jordan Tourism Board has revealed that the number of daily Indian travellers visiting Jordan declined in 2016. Figures show that daily numbers from India were down by 4.5 per cent, which indicated that travellers were staying overnight rather than just visiting the sites and attractions for the day. Overnight visitors increased by 18.4 per cent.
The Jordan Trail winds through some of the most historically significant land in the Middle East, as well as some of the most beautiful. The 650-kilometre trail opened earlier this year, and tourism officials hope that the trail will be an economic boon to the 52 villages situated along the trail.
Comprising sandstone and granite rock formations, the Wadi Rum desert in Jordan is the closest place to Mars (at least in appearance) on Earth. After designing the set for 2015 Oscar-winning film “The Martian”, Freedomes created smaller versions of this domed habitat and now travellers can visit for an experience that is out of this world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...