The Half Moon Jamaica resort in Montego Bay has announced it will carry out $75 million refurbishment programme. The luxury hotel will add 57 rooms, as well as a new lobby and concierge area called the Great House. New additions to the resort will include two restaurants, a vegan café, an adults-only swimming pool, a pool bar, and an expanded beach.
Three hotels in Jamaica have been named on TripAdvisor's Travellers Choice list of the Top 25 luxury hotels in the Caribbean. The Cliff Hotel in Negril was ranked in first place on the list, Tridents Hotel in Port Antonio was ranked in 10th place, and the Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall in Montego Bay was listed in 25th place. The leading travel website based the award winners on millions of reviews left by its members.
Councillor Colin Gager, the Mayor of Falmouth in Jamaica, has said that the opening of the new Excellence Oyster Bay hotel in Trelawny will benefit the local neighbourhood and community. He said that the new luxury 315-room hotel is part of a major new tourism development in the area, which will include the restoration of historic buildings and improved port facilities.
The tropical island of Jamaica celebrated record-breaking visitor arrivals in 2017, according to provisional data from the Jamaica Tourism Board (JTB). The Caribbean nation welcomed 4.3 million tourists last year, which represents a 21.1 percent increase in arrivals compared to 2016, and revenue flow was recorded at approximately US$3 billion in 2017.
Edmund Bartlett, the Minister of Tourism for Jamaica, has been named as the Caribbean Tourism Minister of the Year in the Caribbean Travel Awards 2017. The awards were judged by the editorial team of the Caribbean Journal website, who said that Mr Bartlett is an exceptional ambassador for the Caribbean region’s tourism sector and Jamaica’s national brand.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Soak in the vitamin D on Phuket’s sun-kissed coastline with a stay the Rawai Palm Beach Resort, a matter of steps from...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Experience the height of luxurious comfort at the modern deluxe Pearl Rotana, designed to suit the needs of business,...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...