Cuba to Host Americas Tourism Event
Cuba readies to host one of the biggest travel fairs in the Americas with the 15th Meeting and Incentive Travel Market (MITM) Regional Tourism Fair to be held at the Melia Cohiba hotel in Havana from 18th to 19th November.
Right at the heart of the island’s most popular city for Cuba holidays, an annual travel fair that unites the Americas in tourism and travel interests, will soon be taking place.
Between the 18th and 19th November Cuba will be hosting the annual 15th Meeting and Incentive Travel Market (MITM) Regional tourism Fair at the prestigious Havana hotel Melia Cohiba.
This event seeks out to attract investors from all over the world who might be interested in any of the participant Latin American and North American countries as holiday destinations in which to invest. Charo Trabado, MITM’s America Commercial Director from Spain has already said that the organising committee has been overwhelmed with applications to participate in the event, with a special interest from countries in Europe and the United Estates.
This Meeting and Incentive Travel Market Fair will be opened to a maximum of 100 exhibitors from the different Latin American countries and a total of 100 possible buyers, which acts as a filtering guard for guaranteeing only quality participants with elevated buying potential are present.
Exhibitors will be presenting their tourism products featuring the highlights of each country including the host who will be presenting Cuba travel, the future for Cuba holidays and the potential of holidays to Cuba as a Caribbean holiday destination. Others such as Mexico will also be putting forward their tourism offerings with the popular Cancun holidays, opening of new Cancun hotels and the diversification of Mexico holidays with other tourist cities excluding the popular Riviera Maya and Cancun.
Purchasers’ applications have bombarded the committee with requests coming from Germany, France, Belgium, Holland, Great Britain, Spain, Italy, Poland, Russia, Sweden, Norway, the United States, Canada, Mexico and Brazil.
Mr Trabado added that such an event is much coveted by Latin American exhibitors who see it as a golden opportunity to get in touch with incentive and conference organisers from Europe and the Americas.
Cuba is hosting this event for the second time around since 2004 and since last time it held it, the island is now better prepared for holding such a meeting with improvements in all aspects, especially in tourist services and transportation, in addition to the high professional level of workers in the Cuba holiday industry.
Although the USA is invited to participate and the organisation has welcomed USA travel related companies: convention bureaus, hotels, convention centres and DMCS to exhibit in the prestigious five-stars Melia Cohiba hotel, the MITM understands that whilst USA companies and organisations may exhibit in an international travel trade, they are prohibited from doing business with Cuba travel and its related services, companies or individuals.
The MITM has been held in 14 different cities of 7 American countries, and the event is organised, promoted and operated by a 27-year old company, part of GSAR Marketing SL. The company is registered and based in Madrid, Spain and sponsors the event.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...