Cuba to Host Americas Tourism Event
Cuba readies to host one of the biggest travel fairs in the Americas with the 15th Meeting and Incentive Travel Market (MITM) Regional Tourism Fair to be held at the Melia Cohiba hotel in Havana from 18th to 19th November.
Right at the heart of the island’s most popular city for Cuba holidays, an annual travel fair that unites the Americas in tourism and travel interests, will soon be taking place.
Between the 18th and 19th November Cuba will be hosting the annual 15th Meeting and Incentive Travel Market (MITM) Regional tourism Fair at the prestigious Havana hotel Melia Cohiba.
This event seeks out to attract investors from all over the world who might be interested in any of the participant Latin American and North American countries as holiday destinations in which to invest. Charo Trabado, MITM’s America Commercial Director from Spain has already said that the organising committee has been overwhelmed with applications to participate in the event, with a special interest from countries in Europe and the United Estates.
This Meeting and Incentive Travel Market Fair will be opened to a maximum of 100 exhibitors from the different Latin American countries and a total of 100 possible buyers, which acts as a filtering guard for guaranteeing only quality participants with elevated buying potential are present.
Exhibitors will be presenting their tourism products featuring the highlights of each country including the host who will be presenting Cuba travel, the future for Cuba holidays and the potential of holidays to Cuba as a Caribbean holiday destination. Others such as Mexico will also be putting forward their tourism offerings with the popular Cancun holidays, opening of new Cancun hotels and the diversification of Mexico holidays with other tourist cities excluding the popular Riviera Maya and Cancun.
Purchasers’ applications have bombarded the committee with requests coming from Germany, France, Belgium, Holland, Great Britain, Spain, Italy, Poland, Russia, Sweden, Norway, the United States, Canada, Mexico and Brazil.
Mr Trabado added that such an event is much coveted by Latin American exhibitors who see it as a golden opportunity to get in touch with incentive and conference organisers from Europe and the Americas.
Cuba is hosting this event for the second time around since 2004 and since last time it held it, the island is now better prepared for holding such a meeting with improvements in all aspects, especially in tourist services and transportation, in addition to the high professional level of workers in the Cuba holiday industry.
Although the USA is invited to participate and the organisation has welcomed USA travel related companies: convention bureaus, hotels, convention centres and DMCS to exhibit in the prestigious five-stars Melia Cohiba hotel, the MITM understands that whilst USA companies and organisations may exhibit in an international travel trade, they are prohibited from doing business with Cuba travel and its related services, companies or individuals.
The MITM has been held in 14 different cities of 7 American countries, and the event is organised, promoted and operated by a 27-year old company, part of GSAR Marketing SL. The company is registered and based in Madrid, Spain and sponsors the event.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Stay entertained with daily activities, land sports, water sports and lively shows
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...