Cuba holidays Still on the Up as Tourism Arrivals Reaches Record Number in July
Tourism to Cuba keeps rising to achieve new record-breaking figures. Now in July the amount of travellers to the island has risen by 6% with 47,000 more visitors in July than in the same period in 2008
With a steady increase in the amount of visitors to the island over the last 3 years, Cuba holidays have been enjoying an ever-growing popularity that seems unstoppable now.
From July 2006 to July 2009 a major increase can be seen with this year’s July figures topping all previous years. A 6% increase has been recorded when compared to the same period of 2008. There was also a 3.1% growth in the number of tourists going on Cuba holidays from January to July of this year 2009, with a total of 47,000 more visitors than in the first seven months.
A total of some 200,000 tourists arrived to the island for Cuba holidays in July 2009 representing a 6% rise when compared against the figures of the same period last year, said a statement released by the Cuban National Office for Statistics (ONE).
This unprecedented growing trend is clearly reflected on the report, which shows a steady increase over the last three years with an increase of tourists coming from January to July 2009 topping the figure of visitors.
And it’s no surprise why the Cuba appeal sparkles more than ever, even after the old romantic allure of communism is perhaps decaying as it sees its last years after achieving the 50 year old mark. And even after its main leader and prime revolutionary figure has now stepped aside, the island carries on attracting more and more curious visitors. But this just goes to show that Cuba is so much more than that, so much more than political controversy and the home to the world’s best cigars; Cuba is sunshine, is colonial charm, is vibrating music, contagious people, pristine beaches, beautifully landscaped countryside and rumba -filled streets.
So Cuba holidays show no sign of ever losing their magnetic allure and intoxicating charm, from a troubled Caribbean island struggling to maintain its socialist status against a capitalist world, there is certainly so much more to this blessed little island than meets the eye.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic Varadero City Tour
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- All inclusive features a buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars (Local Sprits, Wine, beer & soft drinks served)
- Fantastic all-inclusive package with unlimited drinks 24/7
- Excellent selection of bars and restaurants Offers 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Experience Vibrant Havana and relaxing Varadero at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel during summer 2017
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero that will give you the perfect opportunity to explore all that Cuba has to offer at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel
- Melia Marina Varadero offers modern amenities and services including a fitness centre, spa and a kids club
- Exclusive extras are offered in both hotels, including a romantic dinner for two in Varadero and a half day tour in Havana
- Book early and benefit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Melia Habana enjoys an excellent location in Miramar, close to old Havana and offers stunning views of the city and its northern coast
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach.
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from Capri's rooftop swimming pool
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a fantastic Havana City Tour
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...