Cuba holidays Still on the Up as Tourism Arrivals Reaches Record Number in July
Tourism to Cuba keeps rising to achieve new record-breaking figures. Now in July the amount of travellers to the island has risen by 6% with 47,000 more visitors in July than in the same period in 2008
With a steady increase in the amount of visitors to the island over the last 3 years, Cuba holidays have been enjoying an ever-growing popularity that seems unstoppable now.
From July 2006 to July 2009 a major increase can be seen with this year’s July figures topping all previous years. A 6% increase has been recorded when compared to the same period of 2008. There was also a 3.1% growth in the number of tourists going on Cuba holidays from January to July of this year 2009, with a total of 47,000 more visitors than in the first seven months.
A total of some 200,000 tourists arrived to the island for Cuba holidays in July 2009 representing a 6% rise when compared against the figures of the same period last year, said a statement released by the Cuban National Office for Statistics (ONE).
This unprecedented growing trend is clearly reflected on the report, which shows a steady increase over the last three years with an increase of tourists coming from January to July 2009 topping the figure of visitors.
And it’s no surprise why the Cuba appeal sparkles more than ever, even after the old romantic allure of communism is perhaps decaying as it sees its last years after achieving the 50 year old mark. And even after its main leader and prime revolutionary figure has now stepped aside, the island carries on attracting more and more curious visitors. But this just goes to show that Cuba is so much more than that, so much more than political controversy and the home to the world’s best cigars; Cuba is sunshine, is colonial charm, is vibrating music, contagious people, pristine beaches, beautifully landscaped countryside and rumba -filled streets.
So Cuba holidays show no sign of ever losing their magnetic allure and intoxicating charm, from a troubled Caribbean island struggling to maintain its socialist status against a capitalist world, there is certainly so much more to this blessed little island than meets the eye.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...