Cuba holidays Still on the Up as Tourism Arrivals Reaches Record Number in July
Tourism to Cuba keeps rising to achieve new record-breaking figures. Now in July the amount of travellers to the island has risen by 6% with 47,000 more visitors in July than in the same period in 2008
With a steady increase in the amount of visitors to the island over the last 3 years, Cuba holidays have been enjoying an ever-growing popularity that seems unstoppable now.
From July 2006 to July 2009 a major increase can be seen with this year’s July figures topping all previous years. A 6% increase has been recorded when compared to the same period of 2008. There was also a 3.1% growth in the number of tourists going on Cuba holidays from January to July of this year 2009, with a total of 47,000 more visitors than in the first seven months.
A total of some 200,000 tourists arrived to the island for Cuba holidays in July 2009 representing a 6% rise when compared against the figures of the same period last year, said a statement released by the Cuban National Office for Statistics (ONE).
This unprecedented growing trend is clearly reflected on the report, which shows a steady increase over the last three years with an increase of tourists coming from January to July 2009 topping the figure of visitors.
And it’s no surprise why the Cuba appeal sparkles more than ever, even after the old romantic allure of communism is perhaps decaying as it sees its last years after achieving the 50 year old mark. And even after its main leader and prime revolutionary figure has now stepped aside, the island carries on attracting more and more curious visitors. But this just goes to show that Cuba is so much more than that, so much more than political controversy and the home to the world’s best cigars; Cuba is sunshine, is colonial charm, is vibrating music, contagious people, pristine beaches, beautifully landscaped countryside and rumba -filled streets.
So Cuba holidays show no sign of ever losing their magnetic allure and intoxicating charm, from a troubled Caribbean island struggling to maintain its socialist status against a capitalist world, there is certainly so much more to this blessed little island than meets the eye.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 10th Jul 2017
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th June 2017
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...