Cuba holidays Still on the Up as Tourism Arrivals Reaches Record Number in July
Tourism to Cuba keeps rising to achieve new record-breaking figures. Now in July the amount of travellers to the island has risen by 6% with 47,000 more visitors in July than in the same period in 2008
With a steady increase in the amount of visitors to the island over the last 3 years, Cuba holidays have been enjoying an ever-growing popularity that seems unstoppable now.
From July 2006 to July 2009 a major increase can be seen with this year’s July figures topping all previous years. A 6% increase has been recorded when compared to the same period of 2008. There was also a 3.1% growth in the number of tourists going on Cuba holidays from January to July of this year 2009, with a total of 47,000 more visitors than in the first seven months.
A total of some 200,000 tourists arrived to the island for Cuba holidays in July 2009 representing a 6% rise when compared against the figures of the same period last year, said a statement released by the Cuban National Office for Statistics (ONE).
This unprecedented growing trend is clearly reflected on the report, which shows a steady increase over the last three years with an increase of tourists coming from January to July 2009 topping the figure of visitors.
And it’s no surprise why the Cuba appeal sparkles more than ever, even after the old romantic allure of communism is perhaps decaying as it sees its last years after achieving the 50 year old mark. And even after its main leader and prime revolutionary figure has now stepped aside, the island carries on attracting more and more curious visitors. But this just goes to show that Cuba is so much more than that, so much more than political controversy and the home to the world’s best cigars; Cuba is sunshine, is colonial charm, is vibrating music, contagious people, pristine beaches, beautifully landscaped countryside and rumba -filled streets.
So Cuba holidays show no sign of ever losing their magnetic allure and intoxicating charm, from a troubled Caribbean island struggling to maintain its socialist status against a capitalist world, there is certainly so much more to this blessed little island than meets the eye.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...