Experience True Cuba holidays with Casa Particulars
If you are the less typical type of traveller who wants to get truly absorbed into a country's culture away from the touristy places and resorts, then 'casa particulars' in Cuba are the perfect place to stay during a Cuba holiday!
Travellers taking Cuba holidays can now experience a taste of real Cuban culture by staying in the houses of locals, casa particulars.
Casa particulars provide visitors to the country an alternative to expensive hotels in Cuba whilst at the same time offering them the chance to stay with Cuban families and experiencing the Cuban lifestyle firsthand.
It can be difficult for travellers on Cuba holidays to find Cuba hotels that provide an authentic Cuban environment. Staying in casa particulars enables guest to get to know their hosts, eat traditional food and become ‘one of the family'.
The casa particular have been around for 10 years but lack of publicity has meant travellers know little about the concept. The Cuban law allows residents to rent out up to two rooms in their house in return for a tax payment to the government. Breakfast is usually included with the room and dinner can be provided for an extra small cost.
Hotels in Cuba can be expensive, particularly for families, but casa particulars provide a cheaper alternative with rooms to rent for as little as $30 per night. Casa Particulars are also great for solo travellers looking to meet new people, and travellers looking to stay in more remote locations on the island.
Julio Viera, Manager of Casa Particulars, said:
"They can share more of their time with Cuban people and they get to know better about the country, about how people live, what they do etc."
As there is no proper network offering casa particulars, the best way to find the accommodation is to search the internet or by word of mouth.
Casa particulars are great for Cubans who can earn an extra income and for travellers on Cuba holidays looking for an affordable, ultimate Cuban experience with the chance to meet new friends along the way.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect Luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for a fun-filled break
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...