Experience True Cuba holidays with Casa Particulars
If you are the less typical type of traveller who wants to get truly absorbed into a country's culture away from the touristy places and resorts, then 'casa particulars' in Cuba are the perfect place to stay during a Cuba holiday!
Travellers taking Cuba holidays can now experience a taste of real Cuban culture by staying in the houses of locals, casa particulars.
Casa particulars provide visitors to the country an alternative to expensive hotels in Cuba whilst at the same time offering them the chance to stay with Cuban families and experiencing the Cuban lifestyle firsthand.
It can be difficult for travellers on Cuba holidays to find Cuba hotels that provide an authentic Cuban environment. Staying in casa particulars enables guest to get to know their hosts, eat traditional food and become ‘one of the family'.
The casa particular have been around for 10 years but lack of publicity has meant travellers know little about the concept. The Cuban law allows residents to rent out up to two rooms in their house in return for a tax payment to the government. Breakfast is usually included with the room and dinner can be provided for an extra small cost.
Hotels in Cuba can be expensive, particularly for families, but casa particulars provide a cheaper alternative with rooms to rent for as little as $30 per night. Casa Particulars are also great for solo travellers looking to meet new people, and travellers looking to stay in more remote locations on the island.
Julio Viera, Manager of Casa Particulars, said:
"They can share more of their time with Cuban people and they get to know better about the country, about how people live, what they do etc."
As there is no proper network offering casa particulars, the best way to find the accommodation is to search the internet or by word of mouth.
Casa particulars are great for Cubans who can earn an extra income and for travellers on Cuba holidays looking for an affordable, ultimate Cuban experience with the chance to meet new friends along the way.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...