Experience True Cuba holidays with Casa Particulars
If you are the less typical type of traveller who wants to get truly absorbed into a country's culture away from the touristy places and resorts, then 'casa particulars' in Cuba are the perfect place to stay during a Cuba holiday!
Travellers taking Cuba holidays can now experience a taste of real Cuban culture by staying in the houses of locals, casa particulars.
Casa particulars provide visitors to the country an alternative to expensive hotels in Cuba whilst at the same time offering them the chance to stay with Cuban families and experiencing the Cuban lifestyle firsthand.
It can be difficult for travellers on Cuba holidays to find Cuba hotels that provide an authentic Cuban environment. Staying in casa particulars enables guest to get to know their hosts, eat traditional food and become ‘one of the family'.
The casa particular have been around for 10 years but lack of publicity has meant travellers know little about the concept. The Cuban law allows residents to rent out up to two rooms in their house in return for a tax payment to the government. Breakfast is usually included with the room and dinner can be provided for an extra small cost.
Hotels in Cuba can be expensive, particularly for families, but casa particulars provide a cheaper alternative with rooms to rent for as little as $30 per night. Casa Particulars are also great for solo travellers looking to meet new people, and travellers looking to stay in more remote locations on the island.
Julio Viera, Manager of Casa Particulars, said:
"They can share more of their time with Cuban people and they get to know better about the country, about how people live, what they do etc."
As there is no proper network offering casa particulars, the best way to find the accommodation is to search the internet or by word of mouth.
Casa particulars are great for Cubans who can earn an extra income and for travellers on Cuba holidays looking for an affordable, ultimate Cuban experience with the chance to meet new friends along the way.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Submerge yourself into the interesting culture of Old Havana while you spend 8 days at one of its most centric and...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...