Experience True Cuba holidays with Casa Particulars
If you are the less typical type of traveller who wants to get truly absorbed into a country's culture away from the touristy places and resorts, then 'casa particulars' in Cuba are the perfect place to stay during a Cuba holiday!
Travellers taking Cuba holidays can now experience a taste of real Cuban culture by staying in the houses of locals, casa particulars.
Casa particulars provide visitors to the country an alternative to expensive hotels in Cuba whilst at the same time offering them the chance to stay with Cuban families and experiencing the Cuban lifestyle firsthand.
It can be difficult for travellers on Cuba holidays to find Cuba hotels that provide an authentic Cuban environment. Staying in casa particulars enables guest to get to know their hosts, eat traditional food and become ‘one of the family'.
The casa particular have been around for 10 years but lack of publicity has meant travellers know little about the concept. The Cuban law allows residents to rent out up to two rooms in their house in return for a tax payment to the government. Breakfast is usually included with the room and dinner can be provided for an extra small cost.
Hotels in Cuba can be expensive, particularly for families, but casa particulars provide a cheaper alternative with rooms to rent for as little as $30 per night. Casa Particulars are also great for solo travellers looking to meet new people, and travellers looking to stay in more remote locations on the island.
Julio Viera, Manager of Casa Particulars, said:
"They can share more of their time with Cuban people and they get to know better about the country, about how people live, what they do etc."
As there is no proper network offering casa particulars, the best way to find the accommodation is to search the internet or by word of mouth.
Casa particulars are great for Cubans who can earn an extra income and for travellers on Cuba holidays looking for an affordable, ultimate Cuban experience with the chance to meet new friends along the way.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Exclusive Free upgrade to the Bungalow Suite
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...