Emirates to serve second UK gateway in a 1-day-only celebration!
Emirates will be serving the UK's second gateway in a 1-day-only flight on 9 September. This one-off flight will be departing from Birmingham to commemorate the 70th anniversary celebrations of Birmingham International Airport.
For Birmingham International Airport's 70th anniversary celebrations the prestigious Emirates airline will launch a festive one-day-only flight departing from Birmingham on the 9th September. In what is likely to be one of the airline's briefest commercial deployments, an A380 will be serving Birmingham for just one day as part of the airport's anniversary festivities. The much talked about double-decker will be used on one of Emirates' two daily services to Birmingham, giving passengers the first chance to fly directly to or from Birmingham on the A380 whilst en route to a fabulous Dubai holiday.
Tim Clark, President of the Emirates Airline, said: "Emirates and Birmingham International Airport have enjoyed a successful partnership since we started services in 2000, and it's fitting that we should mark this significant milestone in the airport's history by flying in our most talked about aircraft.
"We hope that many travellers from around the region will take advantage of this opportunity to fly on the superjumbo for the first time. With the range of amenities we have on board, including the world's first Onboard Shower Spas in First Class, we are sure they won't be disappointed."
Joe Kelly, Birmingham International Airport's Deputy Chief Executive Officer, also said: "Our 70th anniversary is a fantastic milestone for the airport and we are delighted that Emirates is helping us celebrate our birthday with the A380. Additionally, this is the first commercial flight of an A380 outside of London Heathrow in the UK."
Mr Kelly added: "As well as our 70th anniversary, September 9th is also the date that our new 45 million pound International Pier opens. The Pier replaces the existing Pier, constructed in 1984, with state of the art facilities and it is therefore very fitting that the first aircraft will be the Emirates' A380."
Passengers on their way to a fantastic Dubai holiday will have two chances to fly on the superjumbo between Dubai and Birmingham. Flight EK039 will depart Dubai at 0805hrs and arrive in Birmingham at 1235hrs. Alternatively, travellers can take EK040, which leaves Birmingham at 1505hrs and lands in Dubai at 0105hrs the next day.
Spread over two levels, the whole of the A380 upper deck is dedicated to Premium passengers. Towards the front, First Class passengers can relax in one of 14 flat-bed, massage-equipped Private Suites. These incorporate remote-controlled doors, a work desk, an electrically controlled mini-bar and the most advanced in-flight entertainment system available to travellers.
For an incredible preview to what a luxurious Dubai holiday will feel like; First and Business Class passengers can also take advantage of the Onboard Lounge, located at the rear of the upper deck. The lounge is designed to make passengers feel like they are in their own executive club, and offers seating with a wide range of beverages and canapes. A First Class Social Area with drinks facilities is located at the front of the upper deck.
Passengers in Economy Class will notice the straight, rather than conventionally concave walls, throughout the cabin, giving the impression of increased spaciousness, enhanced by the more generous seats and wider aisles.
September 9th is not only a significant day for Birmingham International Airport in the world of transport developments. Dubai Metro, a full automated, driverless railway system running throughout Dubai, is due to open the same day.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Take advantage opf the FREE double room upgrade
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Exclusive India Sale, Enjoy Huge reductions on all our tours must be booked by 31 August 2017
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Unwind in an adults-only paradise upon white sands with a FREE room upgrade and HALF price accomodation
Stay in pure paradise at Pineapple Beach Club, surrounded by a stunning waterfront of spectacular powdery white sands, it's heaven on earth
- Rejuvenate at the luxurious hotel spa or keep active all the selection of All-Inclusive water and on land activities included during your stay
- Formerly Grand Pineapple Beach Resort, The Pineapple Beach Club is a newly renovated Adults-Only All Inclusive Paradise
- Book and save up to 50%Summer just got better with savings of up to 50% plus a FREE ROOM UPGRADE in selected rooms
- Dine Al Fresco with breathtaking views of the turquoise waters of Long Bay
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...