Hilton unveiling three new Maldives hotels
The Hilton Hotels and Resorts Group will be expanding its brand in the Maldives with a set of 3 new Maldives hotels, the first of which is set to be opening soon on 1st November 2009 whilst the last one is due to be completed by 2011.
Not content with its first and only Conrad Maldives Rangali Island resort the Hilton Hotels and Resorts Group is looking to further expand its famous brand in these Indian Ocean islands with a set of three new Maldives hotels.
And the well known hotel company plans to do this by taking over 3 existing Maldives hotel properties and transforming them accordingly to conform to their brand standards.
The first of these was recently launched this month on the 1st July as the Hilton Maldives Iru Fushi Resort and Spa. Formerly known as the Iru Fushi Resort and Spa; Hilton has left most of the resort's previous style and design untouched with only a few adjustments here and there to mark the difference in their brand. Minor style changes and perhaps some new refurbishments and/or new pieces of furniture have been added but for the rest this Maldives hotel remains pretty much unchanged with the only major difference now being that it is under the Hilton's name and the prestige of their brand and their service.
The second major project being taken by Hilton in their ambitious expansion pursuit of new Maldives hotels is the transformation of the one-year-old Beach House resort located at the northern tip of the archipelago on Manafaru Island. The plans here are to convert this lush resort into the first Waldorf Astoria Collection property in the Asian Pacific. The Beach House had been in operation as an ultra luxurious and private resort for the past year, during which time it had already managed to win several accolades as well as having been named one of the World's Best New Hotels by the Daily Telegraph UK. There is a lot of hype about this new Maldives hotel conversion with the property being listed already on the Conde Nast Traveler Hot List, so we can safely assume that Hilton won't have to make too much noise about its opening coming soon on 1st November 2009.
Lastly, the final project being currently undertaken by the Hilton Group in the Maldives is the construction of the first Hilton Doubletree Maldives hotel, being built in the country's capital of Male. This final addition is a work in progress and is set to be completed by 2011.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Let all concerns leave your mind while you spend 8 days of peace and relaxation at the Royal Island hotel in the...