Best Western to Open its First Maldives hotel in Sep 09
The Best Western Hotel Group will be opening its first ever Maldives hotel in September 2009. This new Maldives hotel will be a refurbished and re-branded Best Western Madoogali Resort and Spa on its own island in the North Ari Atoll
Best Western's new ambitious expansion plans to extend their reach across Asia and the Middle East has achieved a new milestone with the opening of its first ever Maldives hotel in September 2009. The newly refurbished and re-branded Best Western Madoogali Resort and Spa will soon be opening its doors to guests on their Maldives holidays at this renovated resort located on its own island in the North Ari Atoll.
The Norwegian hotel chain's decision to enter the attractive Maldives hotel market comes after a thorough examination and analysis as Glenn de Souza (Best Western International's Vice President Operations in Asia) explains: "The Maldives falls into the elite club of the world's top ten most desirable destinations and it is a great thrill for Best Western to finally enter this highly attractive market, as a key development in our on-going Asia and Middle East expansion, Best Western Madoogali Resort and Spa bears all the characteristics that make our brand so attractive to travelers"
Located on its very own private islet, only 48 miles west of the country's capital of Male, this ultra-exclusive resort will feature 56 intimate palm-thatched chalets designed to blend in naturally with the surroundings. Each of the luxurious chalets at this most secluded of Maldives hotels will have a veranda facing the sea whilst being tastefully furnished and decorated in a tropical style that perfectly captures the essence of this blessed country and its turquoise shores.
Besides the incredible sweeping views and the rooms' proximity to the beach, some of the resort's other main attractions also include a refined restaurant with local specialties such as the grilled fish and a variety of pasta and pizza dishes, a diving centre and numerous water and sports activities. For the most relaxing and pampering of Maldives holidays here you have the choice of self-indulging at the resort's brand new spa with the Best Western Group introducing its new and very own Bhuvana Spa therapies created to compliment the guest's experience in this unique and secluded holiday destination. With their new spa innovations they are bringing a simple yet effective range of treatments combined with a selective blend of ingredients to revive mind, body and spirit.
Concluding his speech about their venturing into the Maldives hotel industry, De Souza added: "We are delighted that this is our first property in the Maldives and we trust it won't be our last, either in this market or the many other markets throughout Asia and the Middle East, in which we continue to see remarkable growth prospects."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Kick back and relax with plenty on offer to help you along the way at Reethi Beach Resort.
- Only 15% of the island is built upon, with lush vegetation, natural shorelines and stunning landscapes making up the rest
- The Water Sports Centre has all types of water sport covered whilst the Sports Centre on land covers tennis, badminton, squash, gym and table tennis
- Enjoy two fantastic excursions per person per week to Kam Adhoo and Kihadhoo and a Sunset Dhoni Cruise on selected dates
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....