SriLankan Airlines offers New Accommodation Service to Passengers
Passengers transiting through Colombo on a SriLankan flight will be given the opportunity f enjoying a mini-vacation at one of the island's famous golden beaches with the airline's new hotel accommodation service for transit passengers up to 48 hours
SriLankan passengers transiting through Colombo will now be given the opportunity of enjoying a mini-vacation basking at one of the island's famous golden beaches as the airline extends its Sri Lanka hotel accommodation service for transit passengers for up to 48 hours.
For a nominal fee SriLankan Airline passengers are now able to choose from no less than a dozen hotels within half an hour's travel of the airport, including those in the seaside resort town of Negombo and its nearby beach area. It all means that holidaymakers could soon be getting into their Sri Lanka holiday groove before they've even reached their final holiday destination at their chosen Sri Lanka resort.
SriLankan Holidays' General Manager, Amith Sumanapla said: "SriLankan Airlines would like even our transit passengers to enjoy the wide range of amazing attractions on our island of Paradise. The extension of our Connecting Point Service hotel accommodation programme gives passengers transiting for up to 48 hours the opportunity to relax at a beach resort and enjoy the legendary hospitality and friendliness of Sri Lankan culture."
The airline already provides complimentary accommodation for those passengers in transit with a duration from 8 to 24 hours. Now those passengers' whose transit times range between 24-48 hours will be given hotel accommodation and airport transfers at a nominal rate of $10 per person, with this being yet another value added feature by Sri Lanka's award-winning airline. This outstanding service will also be made available for those passengers who choose not to take the first available connecting flight to reach their final Sri Lanka hotel or final holiday destination in the island.
Nearly 40% of SriLankan's customers are in transit to other destinations with the airline providing convenient connections to 8 cities in the subcontinent, between Europe and the Middle East, Southeast Asia and the Far East.
From Colombo's Bandaranaike International Airport, passengers will be whisked away to their selected Sri Lanka hotels in air-conditioned transportation with the possibility of spending time at the beach or exploring the vibrant nightlife across the pubs, restaurants and boutiques of Negombo's hotel road. When the time then comes for their connecting flight holidaymakers will be picked up at their hotels by the airline's private transfers and brought back to the airport with sufficient time so that while they wait they can to shop around at what is rumoured to be South Asia's best-stocked duty free shopping complex.
Those travelling to their Sri Lanka holidays with the island's national carrier can request this service in advance at the time of their booking either by contacting the airline or directly with us at The Holiday Place.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak in the vitamin D on Phuket’s sun-kissed coastline with a stay the Rawai Palm Beach Resort, a matter of steps from...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
The Topaz Hotel is perfect for those who want to explore St Paul's bay and Malta's rugged countryside. Affordable and...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...