SriLankan Airlines offers New Accommodation Service to Passengers
Passengers transiting through Colombo on a SriLankan flight will be given the opportunity f enjoying a mini-vacation at one of the island's famous golden beaches with the airline's new hotel accommodation service for transit passengers up to 48 hours
SriLankan passengers transiting through Colombo will now be given the opportunity of enjoying a mini-vacation basking at one of the island's famous golden beaches as the airline extends its Sri Lanka hotel accommodation service for transit passengers for up to 48 hours.
For a nominal fee SriLankan Airline passengers are now able to choose from no less than a dozen hotels within half an hour's travel of the airport, including those in the seaside resort town of Negombo and its nearby beach area. It all means that holidaymakers could soon be getting into their Sri Lanka holiday groove before they've even reached their final holiday destination at their chosen Sri Lanka resort.
SriLankan Holidays' General Manager, Amith Sumanapla said: "SriLankan Airlines would like even our transit passengers to enjoy the wide range of amazing attractions on our island of Paradise. The extension of our Connecting Point Service hotel accommodation programme gives passengers transiting for up to 48 hours the opportunity to relax at a beach resort and enjoy the legendary hospitality and friendliness of Sri Lankan culture."
The airline already provides complimentary accommodation for those passengers in transit with a duration from 8 to 24 hours. Now those passengers' whose transit times range between 24-48 hours will be given hotel accommodation and airport transfers at a nominal rate of $10 per person, with this being yet another value added feature by Sri Lanka's award-winning airline. This outstanding service will also be made available for those passengers who choose not to take the first available connecting flight to reach their final Sri Lanka hotel or final holiday destination in the island.
Nearly 40% of SriLankan's customers are in transit to other destinations with the airline providing convenient connections to 8 cities in the subcontinent, between Europe and the Middle East, Southeast Asia and the Far East.
From Colombo's Bandaranaike International Airport, passengers will be whisked away to their selected Sri Lanka hotels in air-conditioned transportation with the possibility of spending time at the beach or exploring the vibrant nightlife across the pubs, restaurants and boutiques of Negombo's hotel road. When the time then comes for their connecting flight holidaymakers will be picked up at their hotels by the airline's private transfers and brought back to the airport with sufficient time so that while they wait they can to shop around at what is rumoured to be South Asia's best-stocked duty free shopping complex.
Those travelling to their Sri Lanka holidays with the island's national carrier can request this service in advance at the time of their booking either by contacting the airline or directly with us at The Holiday Place.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Offering superb accommodation with a wide range of facilities, Yas Island Rotana is conveniently located on the...