SriLankan Airlines offers New Accommodation Service to Passengers
Passengers transiting through Colombo on a SriLankan flight will be given the opportunity f enjoying a mini-vacation at one of the island's famous golden beaches with the airline's new hotel accommodation service for transit passengers up to 48 hours
SriLankan passengers transiting through Colombo will now be given the opportunity of enjoying a mini-vacation basking at one of the island's famous golden beaches as the airline extends its Sri Lanka hotel accommodation service for transit passengers for up to 48 hours.
For a nominal fee SriLankan Airline passengers are now able to choose from no less than a dozen hotels within half an hour's travel of the airport, including those in the seaside resort town of Negombo and its nearby beach area. It all means that holidaymakers could soon be getting into their Sri Lanka holiday groove before they've even reached their final holiday destination at their chosen Sri Lanka resort.
SriLankan Holidays' General Manager, Amith Sumanapla said: "SriLankan Airlines would like even our transit passengers to enjoy the wide range of amazing attractions on our island of Paradise. The extension of our Connecting Point Service hotel accommodation programme gives passengers transiting for up to 48 hours the opportunity to relax at a beach resort and enjoy the legendary hospitality and friendliness of Sri Lankan culture."
The airline already provides complimentary accommodation for those passengers in transit with a duration from 8 to 24 hours. Now those passengers' whose transit times range between 24-48 hours will be given hotel accommodation and airport transfers at a nominal rate of $10 per person, with this being yet another value added feature by Sri Lanka's award-winning airline. This outstanding service will also be made available for those passengers who choose not to take the first available connecting flight to reach their final Sri Lanka hotel or final holiday destination in the island.
Nearly 40% of SriLankan's customers are in transit to other destinations with the airline providing convenient connections to 8 cities in the subcontinent, between Europe and the Middle East, Southeast Asia and the Far East.
From Colombo's Bandaranaike International Airport, passengers will be whisked away to their selected Sri Lanka hotels in air-conditioned transportation with the possibility of spending time at the beach or exploring the vibrant nightlife across the pubs, restaurants and boutiques of Negombo's hotel road. When the time then comes for their connecting flight holidaymakers will be picked up at their hotels by the airline's private transfers and brought back to the airport with sufficient time so that while they wait they can to shop around at what is rumoured to be South Asia's best-stocked duty free shopping complex.
Those travelling to their Sri Lanka holidays with the island's national carrier can request this service in advance at the time of their booking either by contacting the airline or directly with us at The Holiday Place.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Exclusive India Sale, Enjoy Huge reductions on all our tours must be booked by 31 August 2017
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...