SriLankan Airlines offers New Accommodation Service to Passengers
Passengers transiting through Colombo on a SriLankan flight will be given the opportunity f enjoying a mini-vacation at one of the island's famous golden beaches with the airline's new hotel accommodation service for transit passengers up to 48 hours
SriLankan passengers transiting through Colombo will now be given the opportunity of enjoying a mini-vacation basking at one of the island's famous golden beaches as the airline extends its Sri Lanka hotel accommodation service for transit passengers for up to 48 hours.
For a nominal fee SriLankan Airline passengers are now able to choose from no less than a dozen hotels within half an hour's travel of the airport, including those in the seaside resort town of Negombo and its nearby beach area. It all means that holidaymakers could soon be getting into their Sri Lanka holiday groove before they've even reached their final holiday destination at their chosen Sri Lanka resort.
SriLankan Holidays' General Manager, Amith Sumanapla said: "SriLankan Airlines would like even our transit passengers to enjoy the wide range of amazing attractions on our island of Paradise. The extension of our Connecting Point Service hotel accommodation programme gives passengers transiting for up to 48 hours the opportunity to relax at a beach resort and enjoy the legendary hospitality and friendliness of Sri Lankan culture."
The airline already provides complimentary accommodation for those passengers in transit with a duration from 8 to 24 hours. Now those passengers' whose transit times range between 24-48 hours will be given hotel accommodation and airport transfers at a nominal rate of $10 per person, with this being yet another value added feature by Sri Lanka's award-winning airline. This outstanding service will also be made available for those passengers who choose not to take the first available connecting flight to reach their final Sri Lanka hotel or final holiday destination in the island.
Nearly 40% of SriLankan's customers are in transit to other destinations with the airline providing convenient connections to 8 cities in the subcontinent, between Europe and the Middle East, Southeast Asia and the Far East.
From Colombo's Bandaranaike International Airport, passengers will be whisked away to their selected Sri Lanka hotels in air-conditioned transportation with the possibility of spending time at the beach or exploring the vibrant nightlife across the pubs, restaurants and boutiques of Negombo's hotel road. When the time then comes for their connecting flight holidaymakers will be picked up at their hotels by the airline's private transfers and brought back to the airport with sufficient time so that while they wait they can to shop around at what is rumoured to be South Asia's best-stocked duty free shopping complex.
Those travelling to their Sri Lanka holidays with the island's national carrier can request this service in advance at the time of their booking either by contacting the airline or directly with us at The Holiday Place.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...