SriLankan Airlines offers New Accommodation Service to Passengers
Passengers transiting through Colombo on a SriLankan flight will be given the opportunity f enjoying a mini-vacation at one of the island's famous golden beaches with the airline's new hotel accommodation service for transit passengers up to 48 hours
SriLankan passengers transiting through Colombo will now be given the opportunity of enjoying a mini-vacation basking at one of the island's famous golden beaches as the airline extends its Sri Lanka hotel accommodation service for transit passengers for up to 48 hours.
For a nominal fee SriLankan Airline passengers are now able to choose from no less than a dozen hotels within half an hour's travel of the airport, including those in the seaside resort town of Negombo and its nearby beach area. It all means that holidaymakers could soon be getting into their Sri Lanka holiday groove before they've even reached their final holiday destination at their chosen Sri Lanka resort.
SriLankan Holidays' General Manager, Amith Sumanapla said: "SriLankan Airlines would like even our transit passengers to enjoy the wide range of amazing attractions on our island of Paradise. The extension of our Connecting Point Service hotel accommodation programme gives passengers transiting for up to 48 hours the opportunity to relax at a beach resort and enjoy the legendary hospitality and friendliness of Sri Lankan culture."
The airline already provides complimentary accommodation for those passengers in transit with a duration from 8 to 24 hours. Now those passengers' whose transit times range between 24-48 hours will be given hotel accommodation and airport transfers at a nominal rate of $10 per person, with this being yet another value added feature by Sri Lanka's award-winning airline. This outstanding service will also be made available for those passengers who choose not to take the first available connecting flight to reach their final Sri Lanka hotel or final holiday destination in the island.
Nearly 40% of SriLankan's customers are in transit to other destinations with the airline providing convenient connections to 8 cities in the subcontinent, between Europe and the Middle East, Southeast Asia and the Far East.
From Colombo's Bandaranaike International Airport, passengers will be whisked away to their selected Sri Lanka hotels in air-conditioned transportation with the possibility of spending time at the beach or exploring the vibrant nightlife across the pubs, restaurants and boutiques of Negombo's hotel road. When the time then comes for their connecting flight holidaymakers will be picked up at their hotels by the airline's private transfers and brought back to the airport with sufficient time so that while they wait they can to shop around at what is rumoured to be South Asia's best-stocked duty free shopping complex.
Those travelling to their Sri Lanka holidays with the island's national carrier can request this service in advance at the time of their booking either by contacting the airline or directly with us at The Holiday Place.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...