Monarch to auction Dubai hotel rooms and spa treatments
Monarch is launching an unprecedented online auction of its Dubai hotel rooms, meals and spa treatments in an innovative effort to stand out from the crowd of "cost-cutting" hotels and leaving the customers to decide what price they should pay.
The ultra-luxurious Monarch brand is launching an unprecedented online auction of its Dubai hotel rooms, meals and spa treatments as an innovative way of attracting guests to choose their resort when considering Dubai holidays. With its prime location at the heart of the city, The Monarch Dubai is planning to soon launch the so-called "name your price for luxury" auction next month as a tool for driving interest from prospective guests when considering where to stay during their Dubai holiday. The hotel's main intention with this new marketing strategy is to draw potential customers' attention to this premier resort and make it stand out from the already vast selection of Dubai hotels in the area. It aims to attract even those segments of the market that hadn't considered it before for terms of budget or adequacy (such as families with young children). "Give it a try," says Arshad Hussain, the director of business development at the Monarch. "Someone can try for a lower rate and who knows, it might be accepted."
The first of Dubai hotels to introduce this novel tactic at a crucial time when most other Dubai hotels are struggling to keep rates down amidst tumultuous times of global economic downturn, Monarch's move sets them apart from the competition and avoids them entering a price war with other Dubai hotel rivals "The auction model is a very smart move on the part of the hotel. Firstly it helps them stand out from the crowd when most others are focused more on cost cutting" said Rohit Talwar, the chief executive of industry consultants Fast Future Research.
Customers will even be able to auction for the hotel's ultimate ultra-luxury suite, the Monarch Suite which has hosted famous guests such as Paris Hilton who recently stayed at this lavish Dubai hotel during her time in the Gulf for her TV programme. The exclusive suite which normally carries a price tag of DH 49, 000 a night could be grabbed for an even lower price than standard by a lucky winning bidder...who knows?
As new Dubai hotels continue to open and many are currently under construction the increase in the supply of rooms is rising above demand which ultimately makes it harder for hotels to compete in the UAE arena which is saturated with some of the world's luxurious hotels and the highest standards of service.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...