Monarch to auction Dubai hotel rooms and spa treatments
Monarch is launching an unprecedented online auction of its Dubai hotel rooms, meals and spa treatments in an innovative effort to stand out from the crowd of "cost-cutting" hotels and leaving the customers to decide what price they should pay.
The ultra-luxurious Monarch brand is launching an unprecedented online auction of its Dubai hotel rooms, meals and spa treatments as an innovative way of attracting guests to choose their resort when considering Dubai holidays. With its prime location at the heart of the city, The Monarch Dubai is planning to soon launch the so-called "name your price for luxury" auction next month as a tool for driving interest from prospective guests when considering where to stay during their Dubai holiday. The hotel's main intention with this new marketing strategy is to draw potential customers' attention to this premier resort and make it stand out from the already vast selection of Dubai hotels in the area. It aims to attract even those segments of the market that hadn't considered it before for terms of budget or adequacy (such as families with young children). "Give it a try," says Arshad Hussain, the director of business development at the Monarch. "Someone can try for a lower rate and who knows, it might be accepted."
The first of Dubai hotels to introduce this novel tactic at a crucial time when most other Dubai hotels are struggling to keep rates down amidst tumultuous times of global economic downturn, Monarch's move sets them apart from the competition and avoids them entering a price war with other Dubai hotel rivals "The auction model is a very smart move on the part of the hotel. Firstly it helps them stand out from the crowd when most others are focused more on cost cutting" said Rohit Talwar, the chief executive of industry consultants Fast Future Research.
Customers will even be able to auction for the hotel's ultimate ultra-luxury suite, the Monarch Suite which has hosted famous guests such as Paris Hilton who recently stayed at this lavish Dubai hotel during her time in the Gulf for her TV programme. The exclusive suite which normally carries a price tag of DH 49, 000 a night could be grabbed for an even lower price than standard by a lucky winning bidder...who knows?
As new Dubai hotels continue to open and many are currently under construction the increase in the supply of rooms is rising above demand which ultimately makes it harder for hotels to compete in the UAE arena which is saturated with some of the world's luxurious hotels and the highest standards of service.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...