Monarch to auction Dubai hotel rooms and spa treatments
Monarch is launching an unprecedented online auction of its Dubai hotel rooms, meals and spa treatments in an innovative effort to stand out from the crowd of "cost-cutting" hotels and leaving the customers to decide what price they should pay.
The ultra-luxurious Monarch brand is launching an unprecedented online auction of its Dubai hotel rooms, meals and spa treatments as an innovative way of attracting guests to choose their resort when considering Dubai holidays. With its prime location at the heart of the city, The Monarch Dubai is planning to soon launch the so-called "name your price for luxury" auction next month as a tool for driving interest from prospective guests when considering where to stay during their Dubai holiday. The hotel's main intention with this new marketing strategy is to draw potential customers' attention to this premier resort and make it stand out from the already vast selection of Dubai hotels in the area. It aims to attract even those segments of the market that hadn't considered it before for terms of budget or adequacy (such as families with young children). "Give it a try," says Arshad Hussain, the director of business development at the Monarch. "Someone can try for a lower rate and who knows, it might be accepted."
The first of Dubai hotels to introduce this novel tactic at a crucial time when most other Dubai hotels are struggling to keep rates down amidst tumultuous times of global economic downturn, Monarch's move sets them apart from the competition and avoids them entering a price war with other Dubai hotel rivals "The auction model is a very smart move on the part of the hotel. Firstly it helps them stand out from the crowd when most others are focused more on cost cutting" said Rohit Talwar, the chief executive of industry consultants Fast Future Research.
Customers will even be able to auction for the hotel's ultimate ultra-luxury suite, the Monarch Suite which has hosted famous guests such as Paris Hilton who recently stayed at this lavish Dubai hotel during her time in the Gulf for her TV programme. The exclusive suite which normally carries a price tag of DH 49, 000 a night could be grabbed for an even lower price than standard by a lucky winning bidder...who knows?
As new Dubai hotels continue to open and many are currently under construction the increase in the supply of rooms is rising above demand which ultimately makes it harder for hotels to compete in the UAE arena which is saturated with some of the world's luxurious hotels and the highest standards of service.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Enjoy luxury with a 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Experience the height of luxurious comfort at the modern deluxe Pearl Rotana, designed to suit the needs of business,...