Barcelo to soon finish renovating another of its Cancun hotels in Autumn 2009
Barcelo announces the nearing date for completion of the renovation works carried out at one of its Cancun hotels in Mexico. Work on parts of the Barcelo Maya Caribe will soon be finished with some remodelling and updating of its room amenities
Yet another renovation project for Barcelo Cancun hotels in Mexico that will soon reach its date of completion. In a few month's time Barcelo will be dismantling yet another of its impeccable renovations that has been carried out in parts of the Barcelo Maya Caribe and Beach hotel to make some major room improvements including the addition of flat screen TVs, digital safe deposit boxes, new mattresses, the addition of sofa beds to all Standard Room types and the replacement of all showers with a wider kind.
The resort which is designed to be split into 2 sections: the Barcelo Maya Beach with 612 rooms and the Barcelo Maya Caribe which accounts with a total of 408 rooms, almost makes for 2 hotels into one. From the16th April 2009, date in which the hotel closed down some of its areas to start the renovation projects meaning that guests had been diverted to other areas limiting some of the resort zones they could get access to such as all the bars and restaurants which were completely closed down. However, instead of driving business elsewhere with the wide range of Cancun hotels available, Barcelo managed to offer clients alternatives with other restaurants located at the adjacent Colonial/Tropical hotels.
Whilst this particular 2-in-1 Cancun hotel is still currently undergoing scheduled remodelling the hotel has continued to receive guests by restricting sections of the Barcelo Maya Caribe and relocating guests to use the rooms at the Barcelo Maya Beach section instead.
After all renovation works are completed the resort's famous Mayan design will remain intact; much to the delight of those who want character and appreciate traditional design during their Cancun holidays. The changes that will be happening to the rooms can be summarised in the following:
- New Flat Screen TVs
- Digital, laptop-sized safety deposit box
- New Simon's Grand Dubai bedding, offering one of the best night's sleep in the Riviera Maya
- A sofa bed in every standard room
- A pampering rain shower
This is the last of all Cancun hotels under the Barcelo name in Mexico to be currently (and partly) unavailable for guests. After Autumn this year travellers can look forward to enjoying that well-earned and deserved Cancun holiday at this newly renovated Cancun property that promises a whole new level of facilities and room amenities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cancun Beach Browse all
Spend a week in Mexican Caribbean paradise with a fabulous all inclusive deal at a price that's hard to resist.
- The perfect location only 25 minutes from the airport and minutes away from downtown Cancun
- Spoil your mind, body and soul with the Spa treatments or benefit from the unlimited access to the Fitness Centre
- Enjoy a varied selection of sports activities and evening entertainment while your kids are having fun at the Kids Club
The resort in the heart of Cancun offers the best of both worlds with a variety of sports on offer and a large lagoon-like swimming pool providing the perfect place to relax at oasis cancun
- Oasis Cancun combines superb facilities and relaxing surroundings to create an ideal holiday atmosphere
- Located beside a beautiful stretch of white sand beach in the heart of the Cancun Hotel Zone surrounded by expansive lawns and tropical gardens
- The Resort offers a vast range of sports with unlimited golf, tennis, volleyball and a variety of water sports at the marina
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Enjoy the holiday of a lifetime in Mexico's renowned Cancun coastline lapping up the awesome weather for 8 blissful...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Indulge in a true adults-only (over 21), urban experience at Oh! where you can take advantage of the hotel’s enviable...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...