Barcelo to soon finish renovating another of its Cancun hotels in Autumn 2009
Barcelo announces the nearing date for completion of the renovation works carried out at one of its Cancun hotels in Mexico. Work on parts of the Barcelo Maya Caribe will soon be finished with some remodelling and updating of its room amenities
Yet another renovation project for Barcelo Cancun hotels in Mexico that will soon reach its date of completion. In a few month's time Barcelo will be dismantling yet another of its impeccable renovations that has been carried out in parts of the Barcelo Maya Caribe and Beach hotel to make some major room improvements including the addition of flat screen TVs, digital safe deposit boxes, new mattresses, the addition of sofa beds to all Standard Room types and the replacement of all showers with a wider kind.
The resort which is designed to be split into 2 sections: the Barcelo Maya Beach with 612 rooms and the Barcelo Maya Caribe which accounts with a total of 408 rooms, almost makes for 2 hotels into one. From the16th April 2009, date in which the hotel closed down some of its areas to start the renovation projects meaning that guests had been diverted to other areas limiting some of the resort zones they could get access to such as all the bars and restaurants which were completely closed down. However, instead of driving business elsewhere with the wide range of Cancun hotels available, Barcelo managed to offer clients alternatives with other restaurants located at the adjacent Colonial/Tropical hotels.
Whilst this particular 2-in-1 Cancun hotel is still currently undergoing scheduled remodelling the hotel has continued to receive guests by restricting sections of the Barcelo Maya Caribe and relocating guests to use the rooms at the Barcelo Maya Beach section instead.
After all renovation works are completed the resort's famous Mayan design will remain intact; much to the delight of those who want character and appreciate traditional design during their Cancun holidays. The changes that will be happening to the rooms can be summarised in the following:
- New Flat Screen TVs
- Digital, laptop-sized safety deposit box
- New Simon's Grand Dubai bedding, offering one of the best night's sleep in the Riviera Maya
- A sofa bed in every standard room
- A pampering rain shower
This is the last of all Cancun hotels under the Barcelo name in Mexico to be currently (and partly) unavailable for guests. After Autumn this year travellers can look forward to enjoying that well-earned and deserved Cancun holiday at this newly renovated Cancun property that promises a whole new level of facilities and room amenities.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cancun Beach Browse all
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
Unwind and relax on a pristine beach knowing your kids are enjoying endless endless activities, designed especially for them at the Treasure Island Water Park
- Enjoy a film at the onsite private cinema
- Dine at a wide range of 10 restaurants & 11 bars
- Make a splash at Treasure Island Water Park
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Enjoy a fantastic Resort View to Garden View
- Fantastic all-inclusive package providing all meals, snacks, unlimited premium beverages, 24-hour room service and more
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
- Enjoy fantastic access to the newly opening Grand Section which includes ten new restaurants and 6 bars, a waterpark, a new spa with 64 treatment rooms, a theatre and a bowling alley, plus another Playroom Kids’ club and Wired Teens lounge
- Kids Stay, Play and Eat free
This legendary Hard Rock Resort is perfect for the whole family on the beautiful shores of Cancun, it even Includes up to $2,500 resort credit for additional extras
- When staying for a minimum of 5 nights between 1st September - 31st October 2017, One child per room can enjoy unlimited playtime free with various inclusions sure to make for a holiday of a lifetime
- Receive up to US$3600 Limitless Resort Credits which can be used towards selected Tours, Golf, Spa, Beauty Salon services, Romantic dinners and much more
- Pamper yourself at the Rock Spa with outdoor Palapa style massage areas
- Choose from 6 restaurants and 5 bars
Escape the real world for a while and plunge yourself into the Caribbean paradise of Cancun's all-inclusive, adults-only...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
This striking and cutting edge hotel is located south of Cancun on a exquisite stretch of beach.