Fairmont Maldives Sirru Fen Fushi opens in Maldives with Spa and Underwater Museum
The Fairmont Maldives Sirru Fen Fushi has officially opened to guests. The luxury all-villa resort has launched in the Shaviyani Atoll in the North Maldives. The hotel's 112 villas all come with their own private pools, and the island retreat boasts the Willow Stream Spa which spans 2,000 square metres and is themed on the natural elements of earth, air, fire, water and wood.
The luxurious Fairmont Maldives Sirru Fen Fushi has opened its doors to holidaymakers. The island retreat has 112 villas with private pools, and they offer views overlooking the turquoise sea.
Located in the island of Gaakoshibee in the northern Shaviyani Atoll in the North Maldives, the resort can be accessed via 50-minute seaplane ride from the main Velana International Airport in Male. The name “Sirru Fen Fushi” translates to “secret water island” in local Dhivehi language.
The upscale hotel also has the Willow Stream Spa, which has been inspired by the island’s natural elements: earth, wind, fire, wood, and water. The full-service wellness facility spans 2,000 square metres and features sea-view treatment and relaxation rooms, spa gardens for meditation, yoga sessions facing the sea, and a 50m serenity pool, enhanced with aromatherapy. Guests can also enjoy traditional Ayurveda experiences from Subtle Energies, and luxury skincare products from Kerstin Florian.
As well as luxury pool villas, the hotel has safari-style tented villas that sit within a star-lit grove. Additional villa options include Water Sunrise Villas, Three-bedroom Beach Sunset Villas, and Beach Sunrise Villas.
Facilities at the beachfront resort include three restaurants and a bar. These include the all-day dining Raha Market restaurant, KATA with Japanese cuisine and a rooftop bar, Onu Onu Bar, a Bamboo pool bar, and Azure with gourmet treats. There’s also a fitness centre with personal trainers, and yoga, Pilates, warrior workouts, and Thai boxing.
The property is also home to the first underwater sculpture museum in the Maldives which will feature a coral regeneration project. The museum will be created by renowned British artist Jason deCaires Taylor, who is one of the world’s "underwater naturalists". The world-famous sculptor, scuba diver, underwater photographer and conservationist has created several underwater museums around the world in a bid to lure divers away from natural coral reefs in popular scuba diving destinations so they can be replenished.
Fairmont Hotels and Resorts has been operating since 2011 and is owned by Accor Hotels. The hotel group operates a luxury collection of properties around the globe including The Plaza in New York, The Savoy in London, Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai and Fairmont Le Château Frontenac in Québec City.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy acces to capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Standing out as a precious gem, the Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi is a great Maldivian holiday spot for any kind of...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....