Ecological Camp in Jebel Jais new tourist development in Ras Al Khaimah
The Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority (RAKTDA) has announced it is planning to develop a new luxury sustainable camp on the highest mountain in the United Arab Emirates, Jebel Jais. The mountain retreat will use state-of-the-art technology to conserve water and energy and minimise waste. The tourism authority is in final talks with hotel operators.
The Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority (RAKTDA) has revealed plans to develop a new luxury sustainable camp on Jebel Jais. The mountain, which is the highest in the Middle East, is 2,000 metres above sea level.
The new mountain camp in Ras Al Khaimah will feature state-of-the-art technology which will help conserve energy and water, as well as a programme to minimise any waste to protect the ecological balance of the mountain range. The eco-camp will boast magnificent views of the mountain and the landscapes across the country.
“Ras Al Khaimah is one of the region’s fastest growing tourism destination and whilst we embrace this growth it’s fundamentally important that we retain a position of destination sustainability.”
Stated Haitham Mattar, the CEO of Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority.
The camp will be built on the mountain, 650 metres above sea level, allowing guests to enjoy temperatures 10 degrees cooler than the city below. There will be tented villas with private swimming pools, which range from one-bedroom to three-bedroom family-size units.
There will be fire pits, an outdoor spa, river pools, a moon bar, and gourmet restaurants. Guests can take part in fun activities including outdoor yoga, mountain biking, hiking and zip-lining.
Jebel Jais Mountain is becoming a hotspot for adventure lovers. The peak has the Jebel Jais Observation Deck which sits 1,300 metres above sea level and opened last year. The platform area doubles up as a base camp for cyclists and hikers who are visiting the mountainous terrain. There are also picnic areas, walking paths, a dedicated zone for food trucks, and a multi-purpose events space. Visitors can soak up views of Al Hajar mountain range, the Arabian Gulf and Ras Al Khaimah.
The peak is also home to the world’s longest zip wire, the Jebel Jais Flight. Whilst travelling along the 2.83-kilometre-long zip-wire, passengers will reach speeds up to 150 miles per hour. There’s a double cable so that visitors can zipline in tandem.
Ras Al Khaimah is a leading destination for thrill-seeker active travellers. Tourists can enjoy dune bashing, mountain trekking, hiking through the valley of Wadi Khadija, and sunset camel trails across the beautiful desert. The country’s natural landscapes include soaring mountains, red sandy desert, lush green plains, winding creeks, turquoise tranquil lagoons, and 64 miles of coastline.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Ras Al Khaimah Browse all
Get the royal treatment at an exclusive island retreat where everything is designed with your ultimate pampering in mind.
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from Â£99 per person
- Create a true sensory experience with tailored treatments, relaxing massages, traditional Turkish and Moroccan Hammams
- Explore local wildlife beauty with discovery walks, traditional camel rides, rock climbing, desert safaris and more
- Sink into spacious rooms and suites set in sophisticated Moorish design and featuring first-class amenities
Leave your daily stress behind and enjoy a romantic escape with spectacular views of the Arabian Gulf in Ras Al Khaimah
- Elegant and spacious rooms that will provide ultimate comfort
- Enjoy the 800-metre private sandy beach offering various water sports
- Family packages for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
Enjoy a varied selection of fun activities and evening entertainment at an outstandingly beautiful beach and golf resort.
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free!
- Luxuriate at the Spa and select from an array of water sports while your children have fun at the Kids' Club
- Footsteps from the silky sands of Ras Al Khaimah's coastline
Offering a big variety of activities and facilities to meet the needs of all sort of travellers
- With 650-meter private beach, 7 temperature-controlled swimming pools, 24-hour Fitness Center that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free!
- Abundance of fun activities such as jet-skiing or relax in one of two luxury spas
If you need to escape the world, even for just a weekend, the Cove Rotana Resort in Ras Al Khaimah is the perfect hotel...
With a good choice of amenities, surrounded by landscaped gardens and an 18-hole golf course, the Hilton Al Hamra Beach...
Discover the beauty of Ras al Khaimah during your stay at the luxurious Doubletree by Hilton Resort and Spa Marjan...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...
Beautify designed Acacia Hotel By Bin Majid Hotels and Resorts is located in the business district of Ras Al Khaimah...
Pamper yourself at Al Hamra Village Golf & Beach resort - one the most picturesque resorts of Ras Al Khaimah. The hotel...