Veranda Resorts' Tamarin Hotel temporarily closes for renovation project
Veranda Resorts has announced that the Tamarin Hotel in Tamarin Bay in Mauritius has closed for refurbishments for six months. The hotel, which was built in 1970, will undergo an extensive renovation programme, and it will reopen in October. The luxury property will be renamed as the Veranda Tamarin Hotel & Spa, and it will have additional guest rooms.
Veranda Resorts has announced that the Tamarin Hotel has closed for six months for renovations. The luxury hotel will reopen in October this year, and it will be renamed as the Veranda Tamarin Hotel & Spa.
Located in Tamarin Bay on the tropical island of Mauritius, the hotel was originally built in 1970. The refurbishment programme will preserve the history of the hotel, whilst upgrading it with trendy décor and furnishings to attract younger guests.
Once the renovation project has been completed, the hotel will have an additional 50 guest rooms, bringing the total to 116 rooms. New facilities will include the Seven Colours Spa, a rooftop swimming pool, and a rooftop bar with stunning views over Tamarin Bay.
The property’s current facilities include two gourmet restaurants, a fitness centre, three bars, a meeting room, and two swimming pools. In-room amenities include complimentary wireless internet, mini bars, tea and coffee making facilities, flat-screen TVs with satellite channels, and furnished terraces with sea views.
The hotel sits on the west coast of Mauritius and is a hotspot for surfers. During their stay at the Tamarin Hotel, guests can enjoy snorkelling, kayaking, pedal boat rides, stand up paddle boarding, swimming with dolphins, boat excursions, fishing and scuba diving.
Mauritius is a tropical island situated in the Indian Ocean. It is one of the most picturesque destinations in the world, and a hotspot for honeymooners and sun-seekers thanks to its all-year-round sunshine. The island boasts idyllic natural landscapes, such as white sandy palm-fringed beaches, turquoise sea, and emerald-sloped hills.
The capital city Port Louis sits on the north-west coast of the island and is home to streets lined with historic buildings and sites such as the Forte Adelaide, the UNESCO-listed Aapravasi Ghat, and Place D’Armes. Guests can enjoy a selection of restaurants, cafes, and shops at the Caudan Waterfront.
The island is a hotspot for nature enthusiasts and tourists can see a variety of wildlife species. The Black River Gorges National Park has cascading waterfalls, thriving rainforests, and diverse animals, insects and birds, while the Crocodile and Giant Tortoise Park is a fantastic attraction to get close to these huge beautiful creatures.
Scuba divers and snorkellers can enjoy access to thriving reefs that are home to colourful marine creatures such as sea turtles, parrot fish, groupers, angelfish, trumpet and clown fish. There are several diving sites such as cliffs, caverns, reefs, pinnacles and sunken shipwrecks, and the crystal-clear waters provide fantastic diving conditions.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
Set on the island's longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Long Beach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist
- Enjoy a range of water sports including kayaking, boat tours and paddles boats
- Golfers can take advantage of complimentary green fees and the Free Shuttle Service to Ile aux Cerfs Championship Course
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
With three beautiful beaches to choose from, this one-of-a-kind retreat offers bespoke experiences with a soothing and rejuvenating Feng Shui philosophy
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Surrounded by two pristine beaches, three spectacular swimming pools and peaceful lagoons
- Relax at the spa - providing an combination experience of nutrition, yoga, spa treatments & retreats
- Enjoy complimentary activities including snorkelling, kayaking, water skiing, glass-bottom boat trips
Intercontinental Mauritius + Hyatt Regency Dubai
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most picturesque parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
The Ambre Hotel is one exclusive property that will enthral travellers and boasts uninterrupted views of the tropical...
Enjoy the stunning Indian Ocean coastline at the Heritage Awali, sitting in a prime location to admire and savour the...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...
Make Mauritius your next holiday and revel in the tropical sun while lounging on sugary white sands and drinking in the...