Saadiyat Rotana Resort & Villas in Abu Dhabi received its first paying guest last month
Rotana Hotels and Resorts is celebrating the soft launch of the Saadiyat Rotana Resort & Villas in Abu Dhabi. The official opening will take place in September this year, but guests are being welcomed to the five-star property which has 340 guest rooms, suites and villas, plus seven dining venues, a kids' club, a fitness centre, spa, tennis courts and swimming pools.
The Saadiyat Rotana Resort & Villas received its first paying guest last month after it celebrated its soft launch. The luxury hotel in Abu Dhabi will officially launch in September 2018, three years after its scheduled opening in 2015.
The five-star hotel in Abu Dhabi has 340 guest rooms, including 33 suites, one royal suite, two ambassador suites, 11 one-bedroom villas, and two two-bedroom villas. The villas sit on the pristine beach, and there are also Club Rotana executive rooms that offer guests exclusive access to the Club Lounge. Accommodation boasts private balconies with sea views, and amenities such as 49-inch flat-screen TVs, tea and coffee making facilities, complimentary wireless internet, minibars, air conditioning and bathrooms with separate tubs or walk-in showers.
Situated on a nine-kilometre stretch of beach on Saadiyat Island, the upscale resort has an array of facilities that cater for all ages. Guests can work out at the Bodylines Fitness & Wellness Club, enjoy a tranquil treatment at Zen the spa at Rotana which has a Turkish Hammam and 10 treatment rooms, swim in the outdoor pool, play tennis on the two courts, enjoy a game of mini golf, or unwind in the beach club. For younger guests, there’s the Aladdin’s Cave kids’ club with a lazy river, splash pool, water slide and cinema zone.
During their stay at Saadiyat Rotana Resort & Villas, travellers can savour delicious cuisine at the hotel’s seven dining venues. The Si Ristorante Italiano and Bar serves authentic Italian dishes, while Hamilton’s Gastropub is a lively venue with British and American classic dishes. The Turtle Bay Bar and Grill offers a rooftop setting, Nasma Beachfront Bar has sushi, cocktails and DJ sets, Sim is an all-day dining buffet restaurant, and Sama Lobby Lounge has light meals, pastries, teas and coffees.
Saadiyat Island is a 27 square-kilometre island located 500m off the coast of Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates. The destination is world class leisure, residential, business and tourism hub that is under development in several phases up until 2020.
The natural island is home to luxury hotels and resorts, iconic landmarks, marinas with berths for up to 1,000 boats, two championship golf courses, leisure facilities, more than three million square metres of office space, and privately owned sea-view apartments and upscale villas. Travellers can enjoy access to attractions including the recently opened Louvre Abu Dhabi, the soon-to-open Guggenheim Abu Dhabi, a performing arts centre, and the National Museum, and a protected mangrove and wetland reserve sanctuary, which is home to endangered hawksbill turtles.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
Soak up the grandiose opulence of Abu Dhabi marvel at the glitzy vistas on offer
- Olympic length swimming pool with dedicated family and children areas, Jacuzzi and a pristine beach line
- Magnificent elevated views of the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque
- Perfect locations close to major attractions, the metro and nightlife
Start off at Al Raha Beach with plenty of shopping options nearby followed by a stay at Tilal Liwa Desert Resort
- Al Raha overlooks a pristine ribbon of private beach, and you'll be within easy access to the Formula 1 theme park and downtown Abu Dhabi
- Enjoy a wide range of unique experiences such as camel riding, desert safari, BBQ, wellness therapy and many more
- Relax in the pool overlooking the Liwa dunes and the vast desert beyond as far as your eye can see
Benefit from the best of two destinations, combining India with Abu Dhabi, for a once in a lifetime experience
- Unwind in the Talise spa with 13 treatment suites
- Take advantage of three Swimming pools and a private beach
- Visit the magical Taj mahal
Discover two destination in one unforgettable holiday
- The award winning Hilton Abu Dhabi is conveniently located in the heart of the city, 30 minutes from the airport and close to the marina shopping mall. The hotel has a private beach club so guests have the best of all worlds.
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit
- Experience stunning views over the pure white sands and crystal clear ocean with your nearest and dearest
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
Al Raha Beach Hotel offers magnificent views of the Arabian Gulf, just a short drive from the city and Abu Dhabi...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...
This stunning 4 star property, Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan hotel, offers guests an ideal base from which to discover Abu...
Experience the height of luxurious comfort at the modern deluxe Pearl Rotana, designed to suit the needs of business,...