Vietnam Airlines celebrates 200 millionth passenger
Vietnam Airlines marked another milestone last after welcoming its 200 millionths passengers. The airline hosted a special ceremony to welcome the 199,999,999th, 200 millionth, and 200,000,001st passenger, whom all travelled on flight VN223 between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam. The airline has been operating for more than two decades and has provided 1.6 million flights.
Vietnam Airlines is celebrating marking another milestone after it welcomed in 200 millionth passenger last month.
The airline hosted a ceremony to mark the occasions, which was attended by senior officials from the ministry of transport, employees of the airline and representatives from the Airports Corporation Vietnam.
The ceremony at Tan Son Nhat International Airport welcomed the arrival of the 199,000,000th, 200 millionth, and the 200,000,001th passengers, Nguyen Truong Chinh, Ngo Huy Hoang and Phan Thi Thu Hang, respectively. The passengers were all travelling on the VN223 flight from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City.
Duong Tri Thanh, the President of Vietnam Airlines, during the ceremony, stated:
“Vietnam Airlines has reached a 200 million passenger milestone on our 1.6 million flights in over two decades. This achievement is, without doubt, a solid testament to the trust, confidence and support from airline community and our valued customers, both domestic and international.”
Mr Thanh also commented:
“This warm event welcoming our 200 millionth passenger represents our gratitude towards the customers who trust and choose to fly with us. Hence, it is also our commitment to keep working, trying our best to fulfil all of our customers’ needs and requirements.”
Vietnam has provided national and international flights between 1995 and 2017. The airline has transported more than 200 million passengers, and has recorded an average annual growth of 11 per cent.
During the ceremony celebrating the 200 millionth passenger, the airline also launched its Flights of Love projects which help people have better lives. Vietnam Airlines will sponsor tickets for community projects that will help improve people’s lives and develop sustainable communities.
Vietnam Airline was established in 1956 and it became a state-owned company in 1989. The airline has headquarters in Hanoi, and it was named as Asia’s Leading Cultural Airline at the World Travel Awards.
Hanoi is the capital of Vietnam, and is a bustling blend of South East Asian, Vietnamese and French cultures and architecture. Holidaymakers can visit the Hoan Kiem lake, the temple of Literature, the Ho Chi Minh Museum, the Vietnam Fine Art Museum, Hanoi Opera House, and an array of pagodas and historic temples.
Ho Minh Chi City is located in southern Vietnam and is famous for its French colonial architecture. Travellers can visit the Notre-Dame cathedral, the bustling Ben Thanh market, the Cu Chi wartime tunnels, Independence Palace, Suoi Tien Amusement Park, and the Museum of Vietnamese History.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Complimentary shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool Access
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...