Vietnam Airlines celebrates 200 millionth passenger
Vietnam Airlines marked another milestone last after welcoming its 200 millionths passengers. The airline hosted a special ceremony to welcome the 199,999,999th, 200 millionth, and 200,000,001st passenger, whom all travelled on flight VN223 between Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam. The airline has been operating for more than two decades and has provided 1.6 million flights.
Vietnam Airlines is celebrating marking another milestone after it welcomed in 200 millionth passenger last month.
The airline hosted a ceremony to mark the occasions, which was attended by senior officials from the ministry of transport, employees of the airline and representatives from the Airports Corporation Vietnam.
The ceremony at Tan Son Nhat International Airport welcomed the arrival of the 199,000,000th, 200 millionth, and the 200,000,001th passengers, Nguyen Truong Chinh, Ngo Huy Hoang and Phan Thi Thu Hang, respectively. The passengers were all travelling on the VN223 flight from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City.
Duong Tri Thanh, the President of Vietnam Airlines, during the ceremony, stated:
“Vietnam Airlines has reached a 200 million passenger milestone on our 1.6 million flights in over two decades. This achievement is, without doubt, a solid testament to the trust, confidence and support from airline community and our valued customers, both domestic and international.”
Mr Thanh also commented:
“This warm event welcoming our 200 millionth passenger represents our gratitude towards the customers who trust and choose to fly with us. Hence, it is also our commitment to keep working, trying our best to fulfil all of our customers’ needs and requirements.”
Vietnam has provided national and international flights between 1995 and 2017. The airline has transported more than 200 million passengers, and has recorded an average annual growth of 11 per cent.
During the ceremony celebrating the 200 millionth passenger, the airline also launched its Flights of Love projects which help people have better lives. Vietnam Airlines will sponsor tickets for community projects that will help improve people’s lives and develop sustainable communities.
Vietnam Airline was established in 1956 and it became a state-owned company in 1989. The airline has headquarters in Hanoi, and it was named as Asia’s Leading Cultural Airline at the World Travel Awards.
Hanoi is the capital of Vietnam, and is a bustling blend of South East Asian, Vietnamese and French cultures and architecture. Holidaymakers can visit the Hoan Kiem lake, the temple of Literature, the Ho Chi Minh Museum, the Vietnam Fine Art Museum, Hanoi Opera House, and an array of pagodas and historic temples.
Ho Minh Chi City is located in southern Vietnam and is famous for its French colonial architecture. Travellers can visit the Notre-Dame cathedral, the bustling Ben Thanh market, the Cu Chi wartime tunnels, Independence Palace, Suoi Tien Amusement Park, and the Museum of Vietnamese History.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...