Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain awarded Travelife Gold Certification
Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain resorts in St Lucia have once again been recognised for their exception environmental efforts. The two luxury resorts have been awarded Travelife Gold Certification status. The properties have been praised for managing their socio-economic and environmental impacts, while demonstrating their commitment to the environment, sustainability, and the local community.
Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain resorts have been recognised for their environmental efforts once again. This time, the two luxury resorts in St Lucia have been awarded Travelife Gold Certification status.
The St Lucia resorts were recognised for their responsible management of their socio-economic and environmental impacts. Both properties were carefully designed with the local environment in mind. They each demonstrate a strong commitment to protecting the environment, sustainability, and implanting best practices and community support.
Karolin Troubetzkoy, the Executive Director of the two Caribbean resorts explained:
“Respecting the people, nature and cultural aspects of St. Lucia and showing guests how it’s done at Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain was central in achieving Travelife Gold Certification.”
“We want to thank Travelife for recognising our efforts, and congratulate our staff – such accolades are impossible without their commitment to excellence.”
The luxury beachfront resorts were praised for a number of energy-saving and sustainable practices. These included a “water is life” water management philosophy which made their water supply independent from the community of Soufrière to avoid any extra burden.
All cleaning products used at the hotels are non-toxic, biodegradable, and non-corrosive, and there are Strict wastewater discharge practices in place to minimise the impact on the environment. The resorts practice good energy-saving management, and all staff and guests are encouraged to reduce, recycle, and reuse.
In 2016, Jade Mountain became the Caribbean’s first hotel to earn the coveted LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold certification. Sustainable features at the resort include its own rainwater-fed water purification plant system, plus a system that recycles treated sewage water, and then irrigates a nursery and plants which are grown for the hotel’s gardens.
Jade Mountain is sculpted into the Soufriere hillside above its sister beach resort, Anse Chastanet. The multi-award-winning hotel boasts 29-room spacious guest suites with bedrooms, living areas, and private infinity pools that glide into one another to form platforms that float out into the natural surroundings. Rooms feature locally-made wooden furniture, and are free from TVs, phones, radios to allow total relaxation for guests.
Anse Chastanet is a located on a private estate of 600 beautiful acres of tropical land close to the sandy shores of two beaches with offshore reefs. It is the only resort on the island that boasts views of the both the Piti and Gros Piton mountains that jut out from the turquoise Caribbean Sea. Holidaymakers can savour delicious, fresh food at the onsite dining venues, relax with a yoga session on the beach go kayaking in the sea, swim in the infinity pool, or enjoy a pampering treatment in the tranquil spa.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Treat yourself to the ultimate Caribbean getaway at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, right at the centre of everything and close to the lively strip of Rodney Bay.
- Up to 2 Children stay and eat free when staying with 2 full paying adults on the same meal plan
- Take advantage of the on-site facilities including a spa, fitness centre and beauty salon
- Receive six complimentary 1 hour passes per booking to the Splash Island Water park and access to all facilities
- Book a Pool View or Beach Front Room and Enjoy a complimentary upgrade From Bed and Breakfast to MAP Board Basis (breakfast, dinner and extras included)
- Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- Early Booking discount now extended
- All Inclusive Beachfront Resort with 6 restaurants, 6 bars and a cafe
- Overlooking Choc Bay and perfect for families where Kids stay and eat free, have access to a Kids pool and kids club
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Book one of the Honeymoon and Wedding Packages to receive extras that range from a romantic sunset cruise, room upgrades to a private candle lit dinner on the beach
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
- Unique Couples only resort designed for Honeymoons and Weddings
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
Discover Castries lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of up to 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Up to 60% off SALE’
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Nestled within lush tropical gardens, the Bel Jou Hotel St. Lucia boasts stunning, elevated views over Castries and the...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...