Hotel Amapa opening in Puerto Vallarta in February
The new Hotel Amapa will open in Puerto Vallarta in 2018. Located in the city’s Old Town, the property is intended to combine the rich history of the area with a modern aesthetic. The hotel is the work of David Harries, who has more than 30 years of hospitality experience, and a talented team of designers and developers.
Hotel Amapa is the result of the combined efforts and talents of developer David Harries, Antoine Ratigan of Circleminds, Nicole Haime of NMH Creative, and general manager Adalberto Reiter. Harries alone has more than 35 years of hospitality experience. The new hotel, part of Design Hotels, will have 55 rooms and will be located just one block from Playa Los Muertos.
The new property is named after the neighbourhood within the Zona Romantica in which the hotel is located. But an Amapa is also the name of a beautiful tree which blooms with pink flowers. The image of the tree inspired Circleminds to look upon national figures such as Luis Barragan and his purist approach to colour and form when crafting the look and feel of the property.
The property is intended to be a showcase space for Mexican design and is filled with bespoke local craftsmanship. The hotel includes barro coverings from Oaxaca by David Pompa, weaves by fibre artist Mariella Motilla and artisanal hammocks from the Yucatan Peninsula.
Harries, who has seen Puerto Vallarta develop over time, decided on the town because of its quirky combination of rich history, colourful street life, expat community, welcoming locals, relaxing beaches, and imposing mountains. With a strong vision to support the revitalization of Puerto Vallarta, Hotel Amapa will be located in the bustling old town where guests can benefit from its close proximity to the town’s restaurants, bars, hiking trails and beaches. The Hotel Amapa is intended to be a cultural hub away from the all-inclusive resorts.
The hotel will also provide several food and beverage options highlighting local flavours with coastal Mexican cuisine as well as a rooftop pool and bar.
Harries stated that:
“We are introducing a new vibe for hospitality in Puerto Vallarta with the opening of Hotel Amapa. Having travelled to Puerto Vallarta for the last 25 years, it is important that we put our guests in the Mexican state of mind; protecting Puerto Vallarta’s heritage while celebrating the future with genuine and original design, service, and food and beverage offerings.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- Go for the Unlimited-Luxury Experience at one of Mexico's most coveted all-inclusive resorts
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
A picturesque city on Mexico's Caribbean Sea coastline, Playa del Carmen is the perfect getaway for both families and...