Hotel Amapa opening in Puerto Vallarta in February
The new Hotel Amapa will open in Puerto Vallarta in 2018. Located in the city’s Old Town, the property is intended to combine the rich history of the area with a modern aesthetic. The hotel is the work of David Harries, who has more than 30 years of hospitality experience, and a talented team of designers and developers.
Hotel Amapa is the result of the combined efforts and talents of developer David Harries, Antoine Ratigan of Circleminds, Nicole Haime of NMH Creative, and general manager Adalberto Reiter. Harries alone has more than 35 years of hospitality experience. The new hotel, part of Design Hotels, will have 55 rooms and will be located just one block from Playa Los Muertos.
The new property is named after the neighbourhood within the Zona Romantica in which the hotel is located. But an Amapa is also the name of a beautiful tree which blooms with pink flowers. The image of the tree inspired Circleminds to look upon national figures such as Luis Barragan and his purist approach to colour and form when crafting the look and feel of the property.
The property is intended to be a showcase space for Mexican design and is filled with bespoke local craftsmanship. The hotel includes barro coverings from Oaxaca by David Pompa, weaves by fibre artist Mariella Motilla and artisanal hammocks from the Yucatan Peninsula.
Harries, who has seen Puerto Vallarta develop over time, decided on the town because of its quirky combination of rich history, colourful street life, expat community, welcoming locals, relaxing beaches, and imposing mountains. With a strong vision to support the revitalization of Puerto Vallarta, Hotel Amapa will be located in the bustling old town where guests can benefit from its close proximity to the town’s restaurants, bars, hiking trails and beaches. The Hotel Amapa is intended to be a cultural hub away from the all-inclusive resorts.
The hotel will also provide several food and beverage options highlighting local flavours with coastal Mexican cuisine as well as a rooftop pool and bar.
Harries stated that:
“We are introducing a new vibe for hospitality in Puerto Vallarta with the opening of Hotel Amapa. Having travelled to Puerto Vallarta for the last 25 years, it is important that we put our guests in the Mexican state of mind; protecting Puerto Vallarta’s heritage while celebrating the future with genuine and original design, service, and food and beverage offerings.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Panama Jack Resorts Gran Caribe Cancun is a welcoming resort offering a touch of luxury with amazing service guaranteed
- Enjoy a great time in the Swimming Pools which include an Activity Pool, A Family Pool, Two Splash Pools with Slides and A Hot Tub
- Enjoy genuine authentic Mexican hospitality at the resort sure to make your holiday even more special and one that you will never forget
- Camp Jack is packed with cool activities and adventures like water sports, beach games, arts and crafts, and nightly shows. Mini Golf and Waterpark, complete with a pirate ship and medieval castle, allows the whole family to share some fun in the sun.
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Deluxe Ocean View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Cancun is one of the most sought-after beachside resorts in the world. Make this your next holiday destination and revel...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...