Hotel Amapa opening in Puerto Vallarta in February
The new Hotel Amapa will open in Puerto Vallarta in 2018. Located in the city’s Old Town, the property is intended to combine the rich history of the area with a modern aesthetic. The hotel is the work of David Harries, who has more than 30 years of hospitality experience, and a talented team of designers and developers.
Hotel Amapa is the result of the combined efforts and talents of developer David Harries, Antoine Ratigan of Circleminds, Nicole Haime of NMH Creative, and general manager Adalberto Reiter. Harries alone has more than 35 years of hospitality experience. The new hotel, part of Design Hotels, will have 55 rooms and will be located just one block from Playa Los Muertos.
The new property is named after the neighbourhood within the Zona Romantica in which the hotel is located. But an Amapa is also the name of a beautiful tree which blooms with pink flowers. The image of the tree inspired Circleminds to look upon national figures such as Luis Barragan and his purist approach to colour and form when crafting the look and feel of the property.
The property is intended to be a showcase space for Mexican design and is filled with bespoke local craftsmanship. The hotel includes barro coverings from Oaxaca by David Pompa, weaves by fibre artist Mariella Motilla and artisanal hammocks from the Yucatan Peninsula.
Harries, who has seen Puerto Vallarta develop over time, decided on the town because of its quirky combination of rich history, colourful street life, expat community, welcoming locals, relaxing beaches, and imposing mountains. With a strong vision to support the revitalization of Puerto Vallarta, Hotel Amapa will be located in the bustling old town where guests can benefit from its close proximity to the town’s restaurants, bars, hiking trails and beaches. The Hotel Amapa is intended to be a cultural hub away from the all-inclusive resorts.
The hotel will also provide several food and beverage options highlighting local flavours with coastal Mexican cuisine as well as a rooftop pool and bar.
Harries stated that:
“We are introducing a new vibe for hospitality in Puerto Vallarta with the opening of Hotel Amapa. Having travelled to Puerto Vallarta for the last 25 years, it is important that we put our guests in the Mexican state of mind; protecting Puerto Vallarta’s heritage while celebrating the future with genuine and original design, service, and food and beverage offerings.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all inclusive luxury 24 Hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Book now and save for travel between May - October 2019 and enjoy an upgrade to a Preferred Club Junior Suite Ocean Front
- Unlimited-Luxury with gourmet dining and premium beverages in a choice of six reservation-free restaurants and five stylish bars
- Enjoy endless activities - from kayaking to snorkelling, windsurfing and much more
- Pamper yourself with innovative treatments at the Now Spa by Pevonia
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Book now and save for travel between May - October 2019 and enjoy an upgrade to a Preferred Club Deluxe Ocean View
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Book now and save for travel between May - October 2019 and enjoy an upgrade to a Junior Suite Pool View
- Adults only resort promising great parties and only 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Book now and save for travel between May - October 2019 and enjoy an upgrade to a Preferred Club Junior Suite Ocean View
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Stay in an adults-only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury at Oasis Cancun Lite, surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting. Your...