Hotel Amapa opening in Puerto Vallarta in February
The new Hotel Amapa will open in Puerto Vallarta in 2018. Located in the city’s Old Town, the property is intended to combine the rich history of the area with a modern aesthetic. The hotel is the work of David Harries, who has more than 30 years of hospitality experience, and a talented team of designers and developers.
Hotel Amapa is the result of the combined efforts and talents of developer David Harries, Antoine Ratigan of Circleminds, Nicole Haime of NMH Creative, and general manager Adalberto Reiter. Harries alone has more than 35 years of hospitality experience. The new hotel, part of Design Hotels, will have 55 rooms and will be located just one block from Playa Los Muertos.
The new property is named after the neighbourhood within the Zona Romantica in which the hotel is located. But an Amapa is also the name of a beautiful tree which blooms with pink flowers. The image of the tree inspired Circleminds to look upon national figures such as Luis Barragan and his purist approach to colour and form when crafting the look and feel of the property.
The property is intended to be a showcase space for Mexican design and is filled with bespoke local craftsmanship. The hotel includes barro coverings from Oaxaca by David Pompa, weaves by fibre artist Mariella Motilla and artisanal hammocks from the Yucatan Peninsula.
Harries, who has seen Puerto Vallarta develop over time, decided on the town because of its quirky combination of rich history, colourful street life, expat community, welcoming locals, relaxing beaches, and imposing mountains. With a strong vision to support the revitalization of Puerto Vallarta, Hotel Amapa will be located in the bustling old town where guests can benefit from its close proximity to the town’s restaurants, bars, hiking trails and beaches. The Hotel Amapa is intended to be a cultural hub away from the all-inclusive resorts.
The hotel will also provide several food and beverage options highlighting local flavours with coastal Mexican cuisine as well as a rooftop pool and bar.
Harries stated that:
“We are introducing a new vibe for hospitality in Puerto Vallarta with the opening of Hotel Amapa. Having travelled to Puerto Vallarta for the last 25 years, it is important that we put our guests in the Mexican state of mind; protecting Puerto Vallarta’s heritage while celebrating the future with genuine and original design, service, and food and beverage offerings.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Spoil yourself rotten with a pampering holiday at one of Cancun's most luxurious all inclusive resorts, with a long list of fully-included facilities, activities and services - everyone in the family is guaranteed to be pleased!
- Just 30 minutes away from Xcaret Park, an Ecological & Archaeological Theme Park with various family activities
- Explorer's Club for ages 3-12 and Core Zone for ages 9-17 provide a whole host of activities from euro-bungee to big screen movies on the beach
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Junior Suite Tropical View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- As well as food & beverages, Unlimited-Luxury includes theme parties, daytime and evening entertainment and all the activities at the kids and teens clubs
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults-only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Stay for 10 Nights or more and up to 2 kids up to the age of 12 stay free
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...