Andaz Costa Rica Resort Peninsula Papagayo acquired by Miami-based Gencom developer
The leading Miami-based hospitality and residential property firm, Gencom, has announced that the Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo has been acquired by one of its affiliates, Papagayo Partners Ltd. In a joint partnership with local real estate developer Sinergo Development Group S.A, it is the second acquisition for Gencom, following the purchase of the 1,400-acre Peninsula Papagayo and Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica last year.
Gencom, one of the top luxury hospitality and residential developers in Miami, has confirmed that one of its affiliates, Papagayo Partners Ltd, has acquired the Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo. The purchase is in conjunction with local real estate developer, Sinergo Development Group S.A.
“Acquiring Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo as our second property on Peninsula Papagayo is a testament to our thoughtful, long-term vision for completely integrating this 1,400-acre protected paradise and bringing a seamless destination experience to full and vibrant life.”
Stated Karim Alibhai, the founder and principal of Miami-based Gencom.
“We very much look forward to working with Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo to create elevated new resort experiences that will enhance the Peninsula Papagayo lifestyle for discerning travellers the world over.”
The move shows the company’s commitment to transforming and preserving the Peninsula Papagayo. As well as new improvements to Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo, there will be an extensive renovation of Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica, and the peninsula’s amenities will also be enhanced to offer a unique experience for holidaymakers.
Andaz Costa Rica Resort is located in the Guanacaste province on the northwest coast of Costa Rica, and has 153 guest rooms and suites with private balconies, and some feature private plunge pools. Surrounded by nature including tropical rainforests and a golden sand beach, the hotel is a peaceful retreat away from the everyday stresses of life.
Facilities at the hotel include a lavish spa with nine treatment rooms, two multi-cascading outdoor infinity swimming pools, a 24-hour fitness centre, the Cambi Kids Club, and 8,200 square feet of flexible meeting space including four meeting rooms. Dining options include Rio Bongho, Ostra, and Chao Pescao Small Plates and Bar, with a wide range of Latin American and international culinary delights.
Costa Rica is renowned for its lush green landscapes and diverse wildlife, and tourists can explore the rainforests and jungles to get close to thousands of colourful species. There is also an array of fun activities to enjoy, such as snorkelling, surfing, scuba diving, kayaking, zip lining, hiking, and guided tours of the canopied rainforests.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco-tourist's dream destination
- Experience canopy walkways through a bridge system and marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- Explore San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Admire Costa Rica's cloud rainforest, climb a volcano, explore verdant grounds on a coffee plantation and relax on a beautiful beach at the end of it all
- Relax and enjoy a beach retreat at Guanacaste after your immersive tour
- Experience Arenal Volcano with its rich fauna and flora
- Enjoy a coffee tour, witness an active volcano and bathe on the Pacific coast
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
The Hidden Jewels of Costa Rica Tour lets you explore the tropical paradise of Costa Rica and all of it's most...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...