Andaz Costa Rica Resort Peninsula Papagayo acquired by Miami-based Gencom developer
The leading Miami-based hospitality and residential property firm, Gencom, has announced that the Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo has been acquired by one of its affiliates, Papagayo Partners Ltd. In a joint partnership with local real estate developer Sinergo Development Group S.A, it is the second acquisition for Gencom, following the purchase of the 1,400-acre Peninsula Papagayo and Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica last year.
Gencom, one of the top luxury hospitality and residential developers in Miami, has confirmed that one of its affiliates, Papagayo Partners Ltd, has acquired the Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo. The purchase is in conjunction with local real estate developer, Sinergo Development Group S.A.
“Acquiring Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo as our second property on Peninsula Papagayo is a testament to our thoughtful, long-term vision for completely integrating this 1,400-acre protected paradise and bringing a seamless destination experience to full and vibrant life.”
Stated Karim Alibhai, the founder and principal of Miami-based Gencom.
“We very much look forward to working with Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo to create elevated new resort experiences that will enhance the Peninsula Papagayo lifestyle for discerning travellers the world over.”
The move shows the company’s commitment to transforming and preserving the Peninsula Papagayo. As well as new improvements to Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo, there will be an extensive renovation of Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica, and the peninsula’s amenities will also be enhanced to offer a unique experience for holidaymakers.
Andaz Costa Rica Resort is located in the Guanacaste province on the northwest coast of Costa Rica, and has 153 guest rooms and suites with private balconies, and some feature private plunge pools. Surrounded by nature including tropical rainforests and a golden sand beach, the hotel is a peaceful retreat away from the everyday stresses of life.
Facilities at the hotel include a lavish spa with nine treatment rooms, two multi-cascading outdoor infinity swimming pools, a 24-hour fitness centre, the Cambi Kids Club, and 8,200 square feet of flexible meeting space including four meeting rooms. Dining options include Rio Bongho, Ostra, and Chao Pescao Small Plates and Bar, with a wide range of Latin American and international culinary delights.
Costa Rica is renowned for its lush green landscapes and diverse wildlife, and tourists can explore the rainforests and jungles to get close to thousands of colourful species. There is also an array of fun activities to enjoy, such as snorkelling, surfing, scuba diving, kayaking, zip lining, hiking, and guided tours of the canopied rainforests.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters.
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Learn more about Costa Rica with unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot of insight about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
Admire Costa Rica's cloud rainforest, climb a volcano, explore verdant grounds on a coffee plantation and relax on a beautiful beach at the end of it all
- Enjoy a coffee tour, witness an active volcano and bathe on the Pacific coast
- Experience Arenal Volcano with its rich fauna and flora
- Relax and enjoy a beach retreat at Guanacaste after your amazing tour
Surrounding the resort is an up-and-coming surf community, which offers guests with a variety of exciting tours and excursions
- Book in any Preferred Club Room and receive the Free to Explore package including a Nicaragua Tour and Much more
- Spoil yourself with Unlimited-Luxury, where everything is included such as: gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits, 24-hour room service and much more
- Both kids and teens can mingle at our Explorers Club for kids and Core Zone for teens, while adults can relax by the poolside, enjoy a romantic dinner by the beach or unwind at Dreams Spa by Pevonia.
- Perfect location to enjoy nature at its finest
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing.
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...