Ritz-Carlton to open new luxury resort in St Lucia
Ritz-Carlton has announced that it will open a brand-new luxury resort in St Lucia in 2021, after signing a management agreement with Range Developments. The resort will have 180 guest rooms and suites, swimming pools, a spa, restaurants, meeting space, and it will be part of the Black May Master Development on the southern tip of the Caribbean island.
Ritz-Carlton has revealed plans to open a new resort in the Caribbean after the hotel group signed a management agreement with Range Developments. The resort will be located in St Lucia, and will be part of the Black Bay Master Development on 180 acres of land on the southern tip of the island.
Scheduled to open in 2021, the new hotel in St Lucia will have 180 guest rooms and suites. The luxury property will be located close to the Hewanorra International Airport and UNESCO World Heritage-listed Pitons volcanoes.
Herve Humler, the President and Chief Operating Officer of The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, L.L.C, stated:
“We are delighted to bring The Ritz-Carlton to the stunning island of Saint Lucia, and are happy to have found the right partner and opportunity to do so.
“We’re excited about the increased demand for luxury travel offerings on Saint Lucia and look forward to welcoming guests to experience the unparalleled service of The Ritz-Carlton against such a breathtaking backdrop.”
The resort will have upscale facilities that will cater for leisure travellers, business events and special occasions. There will be multiple swimming pools including an adults-only pool, a lavish spa with outdoor treatment rooms, a variety of gourmet restaurants and bars, and meeting space with outdoor areas.
Range Developments is expanding its portfolio of properties across the Caribbean. It has two properties under development including the Park Hyatt St. Kitts in Banana Bay in the Christophe Harbour development, and the Cabrits Resort Kempinski on Douglas Bay on the island of Dominica.
The island of St Lucia is one of the most popular destinations for romantic getaways, family breaks and nature escapes.
Holidaymakers can enjoy a range of outdoor activities including kayaking, sailing, paddle boarding, fishing, snorkelling, scuba diving, swimming, hiking and cycling. Some of the nation’s most spectacular natural sights include the drive-thru volcano, cascading waterfalls, white sandy beaches, coral reefs, and natural hot springs.
The Ritz-Carlton is an American hotel chain with more than 90 luxury properties across the world. Founded in 1983, the group has hotels and resorts in 30 countries across the Middle East, Europe, South American, North America, Asia, Australia and the Caribbean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Take advantage of savings up to 30% for travel in 2017 and 2018
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste included in your all inclusive plan
- 1 Child stays and eats free in a Premium Double or 2 Children stay free in a Family Suite
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Book now and receive a FREE upgrade
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean Villa holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world...