Maldives tourist board launches visitor video competition
Visit Maldives has launched a competition inviting travellers to submit videos of their adventures in the country. Entries are open until 12 October 2017 for films showcasing popular local activities such as scuba diving and island safaris, with the winner set to receive more than £4,000 in prize money.
The tourist board for Indian Ocean archipelago the Maldives has launched a video competition encouraging travellers to submit their footage of adventures they have had on the tropical islands. Visit Maldives recently hosted an event to launch the Adventures of Maldives (Dhivehi Aahitha) Video Competition in association with luxury island resort Six Senses Laamu.
The Adventures of Maldives Video Competition invites tourists to share one-minute videos they have filmed when taking part in adventure activities in the Maldives, such as scuba diving, island excursions, festivals, free diving, surfing, snorkelling and other watersports. With more than £4,000 in prize money for the winner, Visit Maldives hopes to showcase the country’s diversity of experiences.
Holidaymakers can submit their videos from the Maldives at www.visitmaldives.com/adventures until 12 October 2017, after which the videos will be uploaded to the Visit Maldives Facebook page.
The videos that receive the most Facebook "likes" and views from 22 October – 5 November 2017 will be selected for review by a panel, who will then judge each video on its creativity, originality and marketability, before announcing a winner during the second week of December 2017.
The winner of the competition is set to receive around £4,800 (more than MVR 100,000) in prize money and the top 10 videos selected after judging will also be featured on the official Maldives Marketing and Public Relations Corporation’s YouTube channel and social media platforms, as well as shown at international travel and trade fairs such as ITB Berlin in March 2018.
The launch event on 12 September 2017 was attended by representatives from all the organisations involved – Maldives Marketing and Public Relations Corporation’s Managing Director Haris Mohamed, Six Senses Laamu resort officials, the Maldives Ministry of Tourism and Visit Maldives Photography Ambassadors.
To view the full terms and conditions of the competition, or to submit a one-minute video via the online portal, go to: www.visitmaldives.com/adventures
To view the official trailer for the Adventures of Maldives Video Competition, visit: youtu.be/GShc5nknhSM
For further information on the Maldives, see: www.visitmaldives.com
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Combine effortless luxury with the stunning surrounding paradise in the Maldives
- Create lasting memories with a sunset cruise
- Discover the crystal clear waters and marine life through a wide range of water sports activities
- Relax and unwind in the well-appointed luxury villas
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...