Shangri-La Le Touessrok Resort and Spa, Mauritius' former chef, returns with special menu
The Shangri-La Le Touessrok Resort & Spa Mauritius has announced a special collaboration with the property’s former owner and chef Jacqueline Dalais. The resort is named after the island of Touessrok in Brittany, France, and to celebrate its heritage a new five-course menu has been launched which reinvents the traditional dishes Jacqueline Dalais used to serve to her special guests, including Princess Anne.
The former owner of Shangri-La’s Le Touessrok Resort and Spa in Mauritius is collaborating with the resort once again. The former owner and head Chef of the property Jacqueline Dalais has launched a special menu with some of her favourite dishes.
Jacqueline Dalais is the granddaughter of the original owner of Le Touessrok Resort & Spa Mauritius and its land, and the property is named after the island of Touessrok in Brittany in France, close to where the family were originally from. Dalais used her talent and delicious seafood-inspired dishes to put the resort on the world’s gastronomic map.
This summer, a five-course menu was introduced to the resort using dishes that Jacqueline Dalais once served special guests including Princess Anne, the French actress Brigitte Bardot, and the Belgian singer Jacques Brel. The return of the Head Chef comes ahead of the resort’s 40th anniversary celebrations in 2018, and she has worked closely with the current chefs at Shangri-La’s Le Touessrok Resort & Spa, sharing her recipes of traditional Mauritian dishes that were inspired by her childhood on the island, and passing down her family’s cooking techniques.
Guests can savour the culinary delights from the new Dalais menu at the Republik Beach Club & Grill which sits on the Frangipani islet, where the original Le Touessrok hotel once stood. The oceanfront restaurant has sunken sand seating, fire puts, communal tables, a stylish bar, and a bohemian lounge.
The menu has been inspired by the land and sea of Trou d’Eau Douce, and features freshly caught seafood and local produce. Example dishes include sea urchins, lobster in red sauce, fresh fish fillet with makrut lime-infused vegetables wrapped in banana leaf. This is followed by a slow cooked red deer with mashed taro root, and a selection of heavenly desserts chosen by Dalais.
Shangri La’s Le Touessrok Resort & Spa is a five-star resort that sits on the east coast of the island of Mauritius in the Indian Ocean. During their stay, guests will have access to two island that sit off the shore of the luxury resort: – Ilot Mangenie, which is open exclusively to Shangri-La's guests and has a beach club and on-island butlers, and Ile aux Cerfs, where guests can play golf on an 18-hole championship golf course that was designed by Bernhard Langer.
The resort has a selection of 200 lavish guest rooms, suites and villas that feature chic décor and furnishing, plus balconies or terraces that boast stunning views of the azure ocean and beach. The resort’s luxury Beach Villas boast their own team of staff, and guests can relax in 423 square metres of space with three bedrooms, an infinity pool, and private access to the white sand beach.
After an extensive renovation programme in 2015, the hotel’s facilities now include CHI The Spa with a menu of replenishing treatments in eight therapy rooms; five gourmet restaurants and two stylish bars; and the T-Club kids club and the Teen Club. Holidaymakers can also enjoy fun water sports including snorkelling, scuba diving, sailing, water skiing and para sailing.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
Relax on an 800ft stretch of white-sand beach by turquoise Indian Ocean waters at Le meridien Ile Maurice, the award winning resort in Mauritius
- Enjoy access to a Scuba Diving Centre
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy complimentary activities including snorkelling trips & more
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Add three nights in Dubai at the Hilton Garden Inn Mall of The Emirates, with breakfast and transfers, from £199 per person
- Free upgrade from a Courtyard Room to a Superior Garden Room for stays between 23 March to 30 September 2018
- Make the most of glass-bottomed boat trips, kayaking, snorkelling and green fees at the nearby Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club
- Enjoy a selection of restaurants and Bars inlcuding a swim-up bar
- Ambre resort has stunning views of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 750-metre long white natural beach
With three beautiful beaches to choose from, this one-of-a-kind retreat offers bespoke experiences with a soothing and rejuvenating Feng Shui philosophy
- Relax at the spa - providing an combination experience of nutrition, yoga, spa treatments & retreats
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy complimentary activities including snorkelling, kayaking, water skiing, glass-bottom boat trips or some unique experience such as cinema screenings on the beach, secret bar or message in a bottle with hidden surprises
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
One of the newest and most beautiful hotels to be gracing the sunkissed eastern shore of Mauritius in Palmar, the Ambre...
Prepare to be blown away by the unparalleled beauty of the north eastern coast of Mauritius as you spend eight days on...
Spend seven magical days in the beautiful Mauritius, enjoying its Indian Ocean coastline. The Heritage Awali gives you a...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...
Mauritius is one of the world's most sought-after holiday destinations and you'll find out why as soon as you arrive in...