Club Med Ceylon the first resort Club Med in Sri Lanka
Club Med recently announced plans to locate an all-inclusive resort on the island of Sri Lanka. The resort, to be called Club Med Ceylon, is expected to open in 2019 and will feature 327 rooms. Club Med, which is known throughout the world as a premier holiday destination, will likely increase the visibility of Sri Lanka as a holiday spot.
Club Med recently announced plans to open its first resort in Sri Lanka. The all-inclusive resort, which will be called Club Med Ceylon, is expected to open in the summer of 2019. It will feature 327 rooms as well as multiple restaurants and bars. It will also feature kids’ clubs and meeting space.
Among the many activities and programmes offered by the resort are water sports, tennis, archery, and flying trapeze. Club Med has partnered with developer Lanka Orix Leasing Company.
Henri Giscard d’Estaing, President of Club Med, said:
“We are very excited to venture into a new market with such potential—Sri Lanka is a beautiful and mystical country with rich history and culture. Together with our partner LOLC, we are very excited at the prospect of our resort in Sri Lanka growing into the region’s premium holiday destination in time to come.”
Sri Lanka was chosen for its natural beauty, which reflects the exclusivity that Club Med seeks in new locations. The resort will not only be the first Club Med in Sri Lanka but the first in South Asia, giving it a unique positioning in the region.
Club Med plans to develop the property into one of the most sought-after family holiday destinations in the Indian Ocean. Upon its completion, the resort is envisioned as a jewel in the crown of beach resots in the region as well as the largest resort in Sri Lanka.
As the world’s premier club resort operator, Club Med primarily attracts affluent clients and the belief is that the location of Club Med in a new area automatically elevates the profile of that destination. Bali, Cancun, Punta Cana, the Maldives, and Phuket each benefitted from the location of a Club Med resort in those destinations.
While it is not a well-known tourist destination, Sri Lanka is famous for its natural beauty, history, and culture, and will certainly benefit from the expansive marketing reach that Club Med possesses. The location of a Club Med resort on the island will likely transform Sri Lanka into a popular destination, particularly with more affluent clientele.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting a la carte menus and buffet style
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....