St Lucia to expand hotel offerings with another 2,000 new rooms over next four years
St Lucia will add another 2,000 hotel rooms over the next four years, according to the St Lucia Tourism Board. New hotels and expansions to existing hotels will see the addition of new hotel rooms for holidaymakers. Project include the new Fairmont St Lucia on Sabwisha Beach, a new 500-room Hilton dual-hotel project in the Reduit beach area, and 250 rooms at the new Honeymoon Bay Resort in Cannelles.
An additional 2,000 hotel rooms will be added to the island of St Lucia over the next four years. According to the St Lucia Tourism Board, a number of hotels are under development or expansion to keep up with demand of holidaymakers.
In September, construction will begin on the new Fairmont St Lucia which will be located on Sabwisha Beach in Choiseul on the southwestern coast of St Lucia. The hotel will have 120 guest rooms, including 37 villas, as well as three gourmet restaurants, a full-service spa, three swimming pools and shops selling local art and handicrafts.
In the Reduit beach region on the west coast of the island, a new 500-room dual branded property will be built. Hilton will have 350 guest rooms of the hotel, and Curio by Hilton will have the remaining 150 rooms. Work is expected to commence in the fourth quarter of 2017.
The south coast of the island will have the new Honeymoon Bay Resort in the Cannelles region. The complex will have 250 guest rooms and suites in an all-inclusive family-friendly hotel, and a luxury boutique resort with 80 rooms, an 18-hole golf course, a clubhouse and a museum.
The Black Bay Master Development will be located on the southern tip of St. Lucia, and it will have a luxury hotel with 180 room and villas at centre point. Construction is due to start in the first quarter of 2018.
The Caribbean hotel group Sandals Resorts International has revealed plans to open its fourth resort on the island, with construction expected to begin next year. Sandals LaSource St Lucia will have 330 guest rooms and suites, plus a rooftop infinity pool and a pool bar. The hotel group also recently announced that it has acquired the St Lucia Golf Course. The 18-hole course will be renamed Sandals St. Lucia Golf & Country Club at Cap Estate, and new facilities will be added this summer, including a new swimming pool, tennis courts, restaurants, and upgraded meeting facilities.
As well as new hotel projects, St Lucia is also planning to transform eight fishing villages on the island into themed attractions. Each village will focus on St Lucia’s history, heritage, cultural traditions, architecture and culinary offerings.
St Lucia is a tropical island located in the Caribbean, and a popular destination for international tourists of all ages. The island’s magnificent natural landscapes include the majestic Pitons mountains, cascading waterfalls, white sand beaches, lush rainforests, and one of the world’s only drive-thru volcanoes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Adults-only, All Inclusive Retreat with an inviting and warm atmosphere is what Bel Jou Hotel stands for
- All Inclusive, Adults Only property set within lush tropical gardens with classic St. Lucian charm
- Experience Caribbean Flavour on the rooftop lounge bar and terrace with serene views over Castries and the Caribbean Sea
- Take advantage of free extras including a complimentary tour and complimentary wine in your room on arrival
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystalline waters of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Exclusive Half Term special offer, limited availability so book now!
- Kids can enjoy a playground as well as a kids' club open daily for 2 to 11 year olds
- Non-motorised water sports including hobie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
Treat yourself to the ultimate Caribbean getaway at Bay Gardens Beach Resort, right at the centre of everything and close to the lively strip of Rodney Bay.
- Two Kids (4-12 years) stay and eat free
- Located on Reduit Beach, known for its breathtaking views and its golden sand
- Book 7 nights and get US$150 Resort Credit per room category per stay
Discover Castries lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Enjoy Free Green Fees & Trandfers at Sandals St Lucia Golf & Country Club
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of up to 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
The all-new Harbor Club offers guests a Caribbean resort experience unlike any other where you can unwind and experience...