St Lucia to expand hotel offerings with another 2,000 new rooms over next four years
St Lucia will add another 2,000 hotel rooms over the next four years, according to the St Lucia Tourism Board. New hotels and expansions to existing hotels will see the addition of new hotel rooms for holidaymakers. Project include the new Fairmont St Lucia on Sabwisha Beach, a new 500-room Hilton dual-hotel project in the Reduit beach area, and 250 rooms at the new Honeymoon Bay Resort in Cannelles.
An additional 2,000 hotel rooms will be added to the island of St Lucia over the next four years. According to the St Lucia Tourism Board, a number of hotels are under development or expansion to keep up with demand of holidaymakers.
In September, construction will begin on the new Fairmont St Lucia which will be located on Sabwisha Beach in Choiseul on the southwestern coast of St Lucia. The hotel will have 120 guest rooms, including 37 villas, as well as three gourmet restaurants, a full-service spa, three swimming pools and shops selling local art and handicrafts.
In the Reduit beach region on the west coast of the island, a new 500-room dual branded property will be built. Hilton will have 350 guest rooms of the hotel, and Curio by Hilton will have the remaining 150 rooms. Work is expected to commence in the fourth quarter of 2017.
The south coast of the island will have the new Honeymoon Bay Resort in the Cannelles region. The complex will have 250 guest rooms and suites in an all-inclusive family-friendly hotel, and a luxury boutique resort with 80 rooms, an 18-hole golf course, a clubhouse and a museum.
The Black Bay Master Development will be located on the southern tip of St. Lucia, and it will have a luxury hotel with 180 room and villas at centre point. Construction is due to start in the first quarter of 2018.
The Caribbean hotel group Sandals Resorts International has revealed plans to open its fourth resort on the island, with construction expected to begin next year. Sandals LaSource St Lucia will have 330 guest rooms and suites, plus a rooftop infinity pool and a pool bar. The hotel group also recently announced that it has acquired the St Lucia Golf Course. The 18-hole course will be renamed Sandals St. Lucia Golf & Country Club at Cap Estate, and new facilities will be added this summer, including a new swimming pool, tennis courts, restaurants, and upgraded meeting facilities.
As well as new hotel projects, St Lucia is also planning to transform eight fishing villages on the island into themed attractions. Each village will focus on St Lucia’s history, heritage, cultural traditions, architecture and culinary offerings.
St Lucia is a tropical island located in the Caribbean, and a popular destination for international tourists of all ages. The island’s magnificent natural landscapes include the majestic Pitons mountains, cascading waterfalls, white sand beaches, lush rainforests, and one of the world’s only drive-thru volcanoes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Escape to a vibrant resort nestled in St Lucia's most striking landscape - beautiful Labrelotte Bay; it's captivating for families and couples
- Book All Inclusive to include breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks & beverages, including alcohol (wine and sparkling wine by glass), access to both motorized & non motorized water sports and a tennis court
- Located in beautiful Labrelotte Bay on the island of Saint Lucia
- Enhancement sale: Massive Savings on Accomodation and Meal Upgrades of upto 56%
- 6 swimming pools including two children's swimming pools
Discover Ocean Views and St Lucian magic In Morgan Bay with a free room upgrade and upto half price accomodation
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Take advantage of savings up to 50% for travel in 2017 and 2018, Room upgrades or have Christmas on us!
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste included in your all inclusive plan
- 1 Child stays and eats free in a Premium Double or 2 Children stay free in a Family Suite
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Book now and receive a FREE upgrade
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...