St Lucia to expand hotel offerings with another 2,000 new rooms over next four years
St Lucia will add another 2,000 hotel rooms over the next four years, according to the St Lucia Tourism Board. New hotels and expansions to existing hotels will see the addition of new hotel rooms for holidaymakers. Project include the new Fairmont St Lucia on Sabwisha Beach, a new 500-room Hilton dual-hotel project in the Reduit beach area, and 250 rooms at the new Honeymoon Bay Resort in Cannelles.
An additional 2,000 hotel rooms will be added to the island of St Lucia over the next four years. According to the St Lucia Tourism Board, a number of hotels are under development or expansion to keep up with demand of holidaymakers.
In September, construction will begin on the new Fairmont St Lucia which will be located on Sabwisha Beach in Choiseul on the southwestern coast of St Lucia. The hotel will have 120 guest rooms, including 37 villas, as well as three gourmet restaurants, a full-service spa, three swimming pools and shops selling local art and handicrafts.
In the Reduit beach region on the west coast of the island, a new 500-room dual branded property will be built. Hilton will have 350 guest rooms of the hotel, and Curio by Hilton will have the remaining 150 rooms. Work is expected to commence in the fourth quarter of 2017.
The south coast of the island will have the new Honeymoon Bay Resort in the Cannelles region. The complex will have 250 guest rooms and suites in an all-inclusive family-friendly hotel, and a luxury boutique resort with 80 rooms, an 18-hole golf course, a clubhouse and a museum.
The Black Bay Master Development will be located on the southern tip of St. Lucia, and it will have a luxury hotel with 180 room and villas at centre point. Construction is due to start in the first quarter of 2018.
The Caribbean hotel group Sandals Resorts International has revealed plans to open its fourth resort on the island, with construction expected to begin next year. Sandals LaSource St Lucia will have 330 guest rooms and suites, plus a rooftop infinity pool and a pool bar. The hotel group also recently announced that it has acquired the St Lucia Golf Course. The 18-hole course will be renamed Sandals St. Lucia Golf & Country Club at Cap Estate, and new facilities will be added this summer, including a new swimming pool, tennis courts, restaurants, and upgraded meeting facilities.
As well as new hotel projects, St Lucia is also planning to transform eight fishing villages on the island into themed attractions. Each village will focus on St Lucia’s history, heritage, cultural traditions, architecture and culinary offerings.
St Lucia is a tropical island located in the Caribbean, and a popular destination for international tourists of all ages. The island’s magnificent natural landscapes include the majestic Pitons mountains, cascading waterfalls, white sand beaches, lush rainforests, and one of the world’s only drive-thru volcanoes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Check into a pretty boutique hotel and experience St Lucia's best beaches, restaurants and nightlife - you can even try your luck at Treasure Bay Casino!
- Exclusive! Book and save £500 per person!
- Perfectly placed at the heart of lively Rodney Bay Village
- Go for a de-stressing or beautifying treatment at the hotel's spa
- Enjoy a spicy island vibe at the hotel's Koko Cabana Bistro & Bar, offering regular live entertainment, barbecues & much more
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Laze in one of the hotel's many pools or discover the tropical beach a short boat ride away
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina in your room
Enjoy your stay in Anse Chastanet, the only resort with the iconic view of both Pitons mountains as they rise from the azure Caribbean Sea
- St. Lucia's only resort with the iconic view of both the Piti & Gros Piton mountains floating upon the Caribbean Sea
- Incredible savings of upto 35% on all room types
- A private Helipad for helicopter arrivals is available to all guests
- A private estate of 600 lush tropical acres with two soft-sand Caribbean beaches with unspoiled coral reefs just offshore
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Book one of the Honeymoon and Wedding Packages to receive extras that range from a romantic sunset cruise, room upgrades to a private candle lit dinner on the beach
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
- Unique Couples only resort designed for Honeymoons and Weddings
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean Villa holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world...
Set upon the white sands of Reduit beach, the All-inclusive Papillon by Rex Resorts Hotel offers jaw dropping views of...