The Sugar Cane Jamaica the new project of Karisma Hotels and Resorts
Karisma Hotels and Resorts has revealed that it is planning to develop a brand new luxury resort, entertainment and retail complex in Jamaica. The Sugar Cane Jamaica project is estimated to cost $1 billion and it will be located near Ocho Rios. The complex will have seven hotels with 5,000 guest rooms, including Nickelodeon and Margaritaville-branded properties, and it will open in stages over the next decade.
Karisma hotels and Resorts has revealed its latest venture which will see a new $1 billion resort complex come to Jamaica. Plans to build the Sugar Cane Jamaica are now underway near the town of Ocho Rios on the north coast of the island.
The complex in Jamaica will have seven luxury hotels, an entertainment centre and several retail units. There are plans to bring Nickelodeon and Margaritaville-branded properties to the development.
Rafael Feliz, the chairman and CEO of Karisma Hotels & Resorts, explained:
“The permits have been submitted and development preparation is underway. With the support of our partners – the government of Jamaica and the people of Jamaica – along with the presence of strong brand names such as Nickelodeon Hotels & Resorts Jamaica and Margaritaville All-Inclusive Resort Jamaica by Karisma, I have no doubt that Sugar Cane Jamaica will be the next landmark for luxury travel in the Caribbean.”
Further details have not yet been revealed about the ambitious Jamaican project that will create thousands of new jobs, but it is expected to open in several stages over the next ten years. The news was announced during the recent opening of the Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Jamaica on the Seven Mile Beach in Negril, which is operated by Karisma Hotels and Resorts.
Karisma Hotels & Resorts announced that it is planning to operate 35 resorts across the world by 2020. The hotel company currently operates 26 properties in Latin America, the Caribbean and Europe under a variety of brands. These include El Dorado Spa Resorts & Hotels, Azul, Generations Resorts, Sensatori, Nickelodeon, and Allure Hotels.
The Prime Minister of Jamaica, Andrew Holness, added that with the help of training programmes at the School of Management, the island will provide plenty of highly-skilled trained staff to the new resort complex.
“We are ensuring Karisma that trained individuals will be available to meet their needs as development proceeds.”
Mr Holness stated:
“We look forward to Karisma’s building out in Jamaica and offering a unique experience for our visitors.”
Ocho Rios, the region, where the new resort will be developed, is a popular tourist destination in Jamaica. Home to palm-fringed white sand beaches and magnificent natural landscapes, including rainforests, and the cascading Dunn’s River Falls with lagoon pools, the area is a hot spot for nature lovers. The region is bursting with luxury resorts and spas, and is a regular stop-off for passengers on Caribbean cruises.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- July Special offers now in place with savings until 2019
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Summer 2018 Sale now extended, save £250 per person
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
Discreet luxury at your beck and call under Jamaican sunshine with everything you love, with virtually no limits
Let the most romantic of retreats seduce you and a loved one into a sheer state atof bliss when you stay at Couples Sans Souci.
- Summer Savings with incredible discounts of up to 42% for travel up until 2019
- Includes unlimited premium alcoholic beverages, 24 hour casual to gourmet dining, complimentary airport transfers and more
- Exclusive offsite excursions come included in the package including Dunn's River Falls and Margaritaville
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments at Moon Palace Jamaica
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free and a saving of upto 14%
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. Located...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a picture postcard made real. Secrets Wild Orchid sits in one of Jamaica's premier resorts,...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...