AMResorts Collection to enter Colombia with 400-room hotel in Cartagena
Apple Leisure Group continues to expand its domains as its subsidiary AMResorts signs an agreement to open its first resort in Colombia by 2018. Operating under the brand NOW Resorts, the new all-inclusive property will be situated in the Cartagena region and comprise a total of 400 rooms.
After revealing its ambitious plans to continue growing as a hotel group by reaching the sum of 100 hotels in 2020, AMResorts Collection continues to unveil hotel projects around the Latin American region. The subsidiary of the prestigious Apple Leisure Group just announced the opening of a new hotel complex in Colombia. The all-inclusive property, which will operate under the NOW Resorts brand, should be ready to receive tourists by 2018 and comprise enough rooms to accommodate 400 guests.
AMResorts currently counts with properties in various destinations, such as Cancun, Panama, Curacao, Costa Rica and Punta Cana. With this new project, the hotel chain will add Cartagena in Colombia to its domains. Colette Baruth, Senior Vice-president of Marketing, Sales, Revenue, Management and Distribution for the company stated:
“Though beach destinations and the all-inclusive concept is still a favourite amongst travellers, their needs have changed and they are now looking for higher quality in their holiday experience. This is just what AMResorts offers. Spending holidays abroad is a growing tendency amongst Colombians, specifically to the destinations we offer in our hotel network.”
“Though we started out as a company that focused on North American destinations and obtained positive results, we began to open international offices ten years ago.
“Since 2016, we have our own office in Colombia, working under Sales Manager Ximena Gomez. In AMResorts we can boast about being a young company. In spite of lacking experience, during these 15 years we have been able to establish leisure resorts in eight different countries: a total of 28 holiday destinations.”
Before accepting her current job as Senior Sales & Marketing Manager for AMResorts and Apple Leisure Group in Colombia, Ximena Gomez Hanssen worked as National Sales & Marketing Manager of Decameron All Inclusive Hotels and Resorts. AMResorts hopes her experience in the post will result in positive outcomes for the company.
The hotel chain’s upcoming expansion plans also include Cuba. Nonetheless, Alex Zozaya, CEO of Apple Leisue Group had cautioned about the difficulties such plans could face in the event that Donald Trump won the elections in November 2016. The hostile policies recently announced by the US President have complicated negotiations. Though initial conversations with the Cuban authorities have already taken place, suggesting properties that could start operating under AMResorts management, Zozaya thinks it will still take some time before this happens.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...