AMResorts Collection to enter Colombia with 400-room hotel in Cartagena
Apple Leisure Group continues to expand its domains as its subsidiary AMResorts signs an agreement to open its first resort in Colombia by 2018. Operating under the brand NOW Resorts, the new all-inclusive property will be situated in the Cartagena region and comprise a total of 400 rooms.
After revealing its ambitious plans to continue growing as a hotel group by reaching the sum of 100 hotels in 2020, AMResorts Collection continues to unveil hotel projects around the Latin American region. The subsidiary of the prestigious Apple Leisure Group just announced the opening of a new hotel complex in Colombia. The all-inclusive property, which will operate under the NOW Resorts brand, should be ready to receive tourists by 2018 and comprise enough rooms to accommodate 400 guests.
AMResorts currently counts with properties in various destinations, such as Cancun, Panama, Curacao, Costa Rica and Punta Cana. With this new project, the hotel chain will add Cartagena in Colombia to its domains. Colette Baruth, Senior Vice-president of Marketing, Sales, Revenue, Management and Distribution for the company stated:
“Though beach destinations and the all-inclusive concept is still a favourite amongst travellers, their needs have changed and they are now looking for higher quality in their holiday experience. This is just what AMResorts offers. Spending holidays abroad is a growing tendency amongst Colombians, specifically to the destinations we offer in our hotel network.”
“Though we started out as a company that focused on North American destinations and obtained positive results, we began to open international offices ten years ago.
“Since 2016, we have our own office in Colombia, working under Sales Manager Ximena Gomez. In AMResorts we can boast about being a young company. In spite of lacking experience, during these 15 years we have been able to establish leisure resorts in eight different countries: a total of 28 holiday destinations.”
Before accepting her current job as Senior Sales & Marketing Manager for AMResorts and Apple Leisure Group in Colombia, Ximena Gomez Hanssen worked as National Sales & Marketing Manager of Decameron All Inclusive Hotels and Resorts. AMResorts hopes her experience in the post will result in positive outcomes for the company.
The hotel chain’s upcoming expansion plans also include Cuba. Nonetheless, Alex Zozaya, CEO of Apple Leisue Group had cautioned about the difficulties such plans could face in the event that Donald Trump won the elections in November 2016. The hostile policies recently announced by the US President have complicated negotiations. Though initial conversations with the Cuban authorities have already taken place, suggesting properties that could start operating under AMResorts management, Zozaya thinks it will still take some time before this happens.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Enjoy luxury with a 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...