St. Lucia to add 2,000 guestrooms
The island of St. Lucia is expected to add 2,000 guestrooms by 2020, according to tourism minister Dominic Fedee. The minister held a press conference last week in which he outlined plans for growth in the island’s tourism infrastructure. A number of properties have recently been completed, and numerous others are under construction or in development.
Dominic Fedee, St. Lucia Tourism Minister, recently announced that the island plans to add 2,000 guestrooms over the next four years. A number of new properties have recently been built on the island, with more in development.
This year, the Royalton St. Lucia Resort and Spa opened with 455 rooms, as well as Serenity Villas with 36 luxury villas. The Harbour Club will open in September, with an additional 117 rooms.
Fedee held a news conference in which he outlined plans for further development of tourist properties. Work will begin in September on the Fairmont St. Lucia on the southwestern coast. The property will include 120 rooms and 37 villas. The Reduit beach area will also get new construction later in the year when a 350-room Hilton and a 150-room Curio by Hilton properties are built. Fedee said that work on the Hilton properties should begin in late 2017.
According to Mr. Fedee:
“This property will be built where the Rex Resorts was previously located. Work on this property will begin in the last quarter of 2017.”
The tourism minister also announced that work is expected to commence on the Honeymoon Bay resort in the near future.
The tourism minister stated that the Honeymoon Bay property in Cannelles on the south coast will feature a 250-room luxury hotel as well as an 80-room luxury boutique resort with an 18-hole golf course, clubhouse and museum.
On St. Lucia’s southern tip, the Black Bay Master Development will feature a 180-room luxury hotel as well as villas. Work on the property is expected to begin in the first quarter of 2018.
Additionally, Sandals has confirmed plans for Sandals LaSource St. Lucia, which will include 330 rooms, a rooftop infinity edge pool and a pool bar. Construction is expected to begin in 2018.
Fedee also announced at the news conference that eight fishing villages will be transformed into unique tourism villages based on their unique character and attributes.
“These villages will be uniquely themed and development plans will be established in a participatory manner which addresses the village’s infrastructure, culinary assets, architecture, and capacity.”
As explained by the minister.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Discover Ocean Views and St Lucian magic In Morgan Bay with a free room upgrade and upto half price accomodation
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Take advantage of savings up to 50% for travel in 2017 and 2018, Room upgrades or have Christmas on us!
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste included in your all inclusive plan
- 1 Child stays and eats free in a Premium Double or 2 Children stay free in a Family Suite
Check into a pretty boutique hotel and experience St Lucia's best beaches, restaurants and nightlife - you can even try your luck at Treasure Bay Casino!
- Exclusive! Book and save £500 per person!
- Perfectly placed at the heart of lively Rodney Bay Village
- Go for a de-stressing or beautifying treatment at the hotel's spa
- Enjoy a spicy island vibe at the hotel's Koko Cabana Bistro & Bar, offering regular live entertainment, barbecues & much more
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit savings when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Save up to a fantastic 60%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE plus 50% for Christmas & New Year
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Book now and receive a FREE upgrade
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...