Luxury resort to offer new submarine adventures in the Maldives later this year
Adventure lovers can soon explore the underwater world in the Maldives without even having to get wet. Guests staying at a luxury resort will have access to the new DeepFlight Super Falcon 3S Submarine, after the watersport activities provider Ocean Group teamed up with DeepFlight Adventures. The vessel will be the first three-person submarine to launch in the area.
The Maldives is famous for its crystal-clear sea and plethora of marine species that can be see through snorkelling and scuba diving adventure. Soon, holidaymakers can explore this magnificent underwater world without having to get wet.
The watersports provider, Ocean Group, has joined forces with underwater flight manufacturer DeepFlight Adventures to offer submarine trips at a luxury resort in the Maldives. The DeepFlight Super Falcon 3S Submarine seats three people and allows passengers to discover the world that lies deep beneath the surface of the ocean.
“We believe DeepFlight Adventures offers a great opportunity for hotels to differentiate their properties by offering their guests the ability to access the beautiful underwater world right from the resorts.”
Explained Adam Wright, the Managing Director of DeepFlight Adventures.
During the trip, a trained pilot will navigate the submarine for two passengers, who will get a 360-degree view of the ocean from their individual cockpits and acrylic canopies. The vessel is equipped with integrated videos so guests can relive their unique experience once they are back on dry land, and it is environmentally clean and quiet to reduce any disruption to the underwater ecosystem.
Hussain Zahid, the Founder and Managing Director of the Ocean Group, commented:
“Ocean Group strives to continually break new grounds by delivering world class dive and water sports experiences to resort guests.
“We are proud to be the exclusive partner of DeepFlight Adventures in the Maldives and excited to be the first in the world to launch DeepFlight Super Falcon 3S. We truly believe that resorts and tourism, in general, will benefit from having this unique activity available for resort guests in the Maldives.”
The DeepFlight Super Falcon 3S submarine will launch at a select undisclosed luxury resort later this year. The first voyage will take passengers into the ocean in the fourth quarter of 2017 where they can enjoy spectacular views of the teeming marine creatures that are found in the Indian Ocean such as sea turtles, manta rays, and dolphins.
The Maldives is one of the world’s most popular scuba diving destinations and popular sites include the Kudarah Thila and Digurah Thila diving sites in the South Ari Atoll and the UNESCO-listed Baa Atoll biosphere reserve. The nation has also held various underwater sea festivals and scuba diving evens to showcase its spectacular ocean environment.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Sun Island is an elegant and serene paradise in the Indian Ocean whilst Media Rotana is perfectly positioned for you to explore the wonders of Dubai.
- Both properties have restaurants that cover dishes from around the world
- Media Rotana is perfectly located in the centre of Dubai, within easy reach of shopping centres, the gold souk and Dubai's famous creek
- Sun Island lies in the South Ari Atoll, and is surrounded by wide beaches of fine sand and offshore waters that house underwater gardens full of marine life
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
Standing out as a precious gem, the Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi is a great Maldivian holiday spot for any kind of...
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....