Half Moon Resort to start second stage of multi-million dollar renovations in May, 2017
The Half Moon Resort in Jamaica will undergo its second stage of renovations in May, 2017. The US$75 million project will include the upgrade and expansion of rooms and suites, expanded beach areas, plus new restaurants and guest facilities. The refurbishments follow the first phase of work which took place in 2015, and upgraded the Sugar Mill Restaurant, the lobby area, and the Robert Trent Jones Sr.-designed golf course.
The second stage of an extensive renovation project at the Half Moon resorts in Jamaica will start in May, 2017. The next phase of the US$75 million Half Moon Master Plan will see the upgrade and expansion of guest rooms and suites, as well as additional guest facilities, restaurants, and expanded beach areas.
The project follows the first phase of the renovation programme which was completed in 2015. During this phase, the resort’s famous Sugar Mill Restaurant was given a facelift, and the lobby area and Robert Trent Jones Sr.-designed golf course was upgraded.
Guy Steuart, the Chairman of the Half Moon board, stated:
“This period of development will be an exciting time for Half Moon, which has been the chosen retreat for royalty, presidents and generations of loyal guests.”
And he added:
“Our investment demonstrates the on-going commitment to our guests and Loyalty Club members, and also our staff and the people of Jamaica.”
Located ten minutes from Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay on the north coast of Jamaica, the Half Moon resort is located upon a two-mile crescent-shaped white sand beach. The large resort is nestled within 400 acres of lush landscapes that fringe the sparkling azure Caribbean Sea. The family-owned resort has been independently operated for more than 60 years, and over the decades, it has gained a valuable reputation as well as many awards and accolades.
The luxury resort will remain open throughout the 18-month developments, and disruptions will be kept to a minimum. The new Back of House complex is also due to open in June 2017 providing resources, and modern facilities for staff members at Half Moon.
Accommodation options will rise from 44 to 57 guest rooms and suites, and there are luxurious villas that offer between four and seven bedrooms. Rooms have spacious balconies or private patios, and modern amenities including air conditioning, TVs with cable, mini-bars, bathrobes, direct dial telephones and twice-daily maid service.
Facilities at the resort include an equestrian centre, the Anancy Children's Village, the Hype Zone for teenagers, a health and fitness centre, an 18-hole Robert Trent Jones Sr.-designed golf course, the Dolphin Lagoon, six gourmet restaurants, eight stylish bar lounges, a wine cellar stocked with 150 wines from all over the globe, and the Fern Tree Spa with a plethora of pampering therapies.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Metro Offer: Book and Save upto £100 per person!
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Enjoy free round-trip transfers and complimentary golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Enjoy a holiday of a lifetime with various extras including free round trip transfers and complimentary 18-hole golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- 24-Hour Gourmet Dining, Premium Alcoholic Beverages & Soft Drinks
- Choice of 5 unique restaurants and 4 Bars including a Swim-up bar
- Complimentary excursions including a trip to a popular sunset bar or a brillant catamaran cruise
Indulge and revel in the lap of luxury with that special someone when you visit Jamaica.
- This adults-only hotel boasts ultimate tranquility
- Have an enjoyable evening with the nightly theme parties & live entertainment
- Enjoy endless daytime activities such snorkelling, sailing, basketball, catamarans & More
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...