Half Moon Resort to start second stage of multi-million dollar renovations in May, 2017
The Half Moon Resort in Jamaica will undergo its second stage of renovations in May, 2017. The US$75 million project will include the upgrade and expansion of rooms and suites, expanded beach areas, plus new restaurants and guest facilities. The refurbishments follow the first phase of work which took place in 2015, and upgraded the Sugar Mill Restaurant, the lobby area, and the Robert Trent Jones Sr.-designed golf course.
The second stage of an extensive renovation project at the Half Moon resorts in Jamaica will start in May, 2017. The next phase of the US$75 million Half Moon Master Plan will see the upgrade and expansion of guest rooms and suites, as well as additional guest facilities, restaurants, and expanded beach areas.
The project follows the first phase of the renovation programme which was completed in 2015. During this phase, the resort’s famous Sugar Mill Restaurant was given a facelift, and the lobby area and Robert Trent Jones Sr.-designed golf course was upgraded.
Guy Steuart, the Chairman of the Half Moon board, stated:
“This period of development will be an exciting time for Half Moon, which has been the chosen retreat for royalty, presidents and generations of loyal guests.”
And he added:
“Our investment demonstrates the on-going commitment to our guests and Loyalty Club members, and also our staff and the people of Jamaica.”
Located ten minutes from Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay on the north coast of Jamaica, the Half Moon resort is located upon a two-mile crescent-shaped white sand beach. The large resort is nestled within 400 acres of lush landscapes that fringe the sparkling azure Caribbean Sea. The family-owned resort has been independently operated for more than 60 years, and over the decades, it has gained a valuable reputation as well as many awards and accolades.
The luxury resort will remain open throughout the 18-month developments, and disruptions will be kept to a minimum. The new Back of House complex is also due to open in June 2017 providing resources, and modern facilities for staff members at Half Moon.
Accommodation options will rise from 44 to 57 guest rooms and suites, and there are luxurious villas that offer between four and seven bedrooms. Rooms have spacious balconies or private patios, and modern amenities including air conditioning, TVs with cable, mini-bars, bathrobes, direct dial telephones and twice-daily maid service.
Facilities at the resort include an equestrian centre, the Anancy Children's Village, the Hype Zone for teenagers, a health and fitness centre, an 18-hole Robert Trent Jones Sr.-designed golf course, the Dolphin Lagoon, six gourmet restaurants, eight stylish bar lounges, a wine cellar stocked with 150 wines from all over the globe, and the Fern Tree Spa with a plethora of pampering therapies.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Indulge and revel in the lap of luxury with that special someone when you visit Jamaica.
- After booking a minimum of a 3 night stay, guests will receive a welcome bottle of sparkling wine & fresh fruit, one mimosa breakfast in bed to be booked upon arrival and romantic turndown service one night during stay
- Have an enjoyable evening with the nightly theme parties & live entertainment
- This adults-only hotel boasts ultimate tranquility
- Enjoy endless daytime activities such snorkelling, sailing, basketball, introductory scuba lessons & more
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Club Ambiance's All Inclusive Resort & Spa is an adult's only resort offering 85 bright and spacious rooms. Each room...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...