Intercontinental Mina Al Arab Resort to open in Ras Al Khaimah in 2019
Intercontinental will open a new resort in Ras AL Khaimah, following the signing of an agreement between Rak Properties and the Al Nuaimi Group. Intercontinental Mina Al Arab Resort will have 350 guest rooms and suites, and is scheduled to open in 2019. The property will have facilities including a health club, spa, two swimming pools, a fitness centre, and a selection of restaurants.
Rak Properties has announced that it will add a new resort to its collection after signing a contract with the Al Nuaimi Group. The Intercontinental Mina Al Arab Resort will be managed by the Intercontinental Hotel Group (IHG) and will be located in Ras Al Khaimah.
In a US$3.1 million contract, the two companies will develop the luxury resort on Mina Al Arab Island in Ras Al Khaimah. The property will have 350 guest rooms and suites, and it is scheduled to open to guests in 2019.
Mohammad Sultan Al Qadi, the Managing Director and CEO of Rak Properties, said that the new resort, together with additional new hotels, will form the master plan of the development in the emirate. The Mina Al Arab island project focuses on the development of hotels, residential and commercial properties.
The Intercontinental Mina Al Arab Resort will have a wide range of facilities that will cater for business and leisure travellers. These include two swimming pools, a modern fitness centre, a health club, a spa, shops, and numerous dining outlets.
The Mina Al Arab Island project is a new mixed-use development on the shore of Ras Al Khaimah that has 81 hectares spanning 13 kilometres. The destination, whose name translates in English to “Port of Arabia”, has a golden sand beach and a harbour.
The leisure complex has a five-star resort, a four-star lifestyle hotel, two eco-friendly hotels residential apartments, villas, and townhouses with a private beach club. For leisure, there’s an Arabian Adventures theme park, a Thalasso Therapy centre, a small water park, a marina, a heritage village, and a shopping mall. Visitors and residents will be able to enjoy vast open spaces including a cycle pathway, pedestrianised walkways, and nature reserves, as well as traditional "abra" water taxis, cafes, restaurants, a fitness centre, tennis courts, and spas.
Ras Al Khaimah is one of the seven United Arab Emirates, and has become an emerging tourist destination in the Middle East. The Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority (RAK TDA) has set a target of one million international visitors to the emirate by the end of 2018. At present, the United Kingdom and India are the fastest growing international source markets.
Located in the north, bordering the Sultanate of Oman, Ras Al Khaimah is a hotspot for adventure-lovers due to its magnificent landscapes. These are made up of majestic mountains, red sandy desert, green plains, snaking creeks, turquoise lagoons, verdant golf courses, and miles of coastline that are home to unspoilt white sandy beaches.
Intercontinental Hotel Group operates 25 properties across the Middle East, and it is planning to open another nine properties in the region within the next five years. The hotel group is due to open its first hotel in the United Arab Emirates in Fujairah this year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Ras Al Khaimah Browse all
Get the royal treatment at an exclusive island retreat where everything is designed with your ultimate pampering in mind.
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from Â£99 per person
- Create a true sensory experience with tailored treatments, relaxing massages, traditional Turkish and Moroccan Hammams
- Explore local wildlife beauty with discovery walks, traditional camel rides, rock climbing, desert safaris and more
- Sink into spacious rooms and suites set in sophisticated Moorish design and featuring first-class amenities
Traditional charm embraces Arabian culture at the five-star The Cove Rotana, located on a private inlet with 600 metres of pristine beach.
- Enjoy the fantastic array of facilities for kids including children's menu and kids club
- Benefit from 2 Nights of All Inclusive Dinner to Basilico Restaurant with 3 Courses Set Menu
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Offering a big variety of activities and facilities to meet the needs of all sort of travellers
- Abundance of fun activities such as jet-skiing or relax in one of two luxury spas
- With 650-meter private beach, 5 temperature-controlled swimming pools, 24-hour Fitness Center that will make your trip unforgetable experience
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free!
Plush accommodation, sumptuous interiors, lavish facilities and outstanding fine dining experiences come together for the ultimate luxury holiday of a lifetime.
- Explore the stunning beach at Ras Al Khaimah
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free
- Take advantage of the 350m stretch of private beach and great range of outdoor activities with the chance to play golf under the stars
With a good choice of amenities, surrounded by landscaped gardens and an 18-hole golf course, Hilton Al Hamra Beach is a...
Located on the man-made island of Al Marjan, Rixos Bab Al Bahr lies near Ras Al Khaimah. Everything from tourist...
If you need to escape the world, even for just a weekend, the Cove Rotana Resort in Ras Al Khaimah is the perfect hotel...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...
Pamper yourself at Al Hamra Village Golf & Beach resort - one the most picturesque resorts of Ras Al Khaimah. The hotel...
With breathe taking views of the Persian Gulf and Marjan Island, al hamra residence is neatly nestled in between a...