Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah appoints new British General Manager
The Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah has announced the appointment of a new General Manager. Alan Stocker has taken the role, and will bring years of experience and management expertise with him, including extensive knowledge of Hilton’s Waldorf Astoria brand, after he managed the brand’s island resort in the Maldives and a hotel in Beijing.
A new General Manager has been appointed at the Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah resort in the Middle East. British national, Alan Stocker, has accepted the role, and he brings years of experience and business management expertise to the position.
This will be the third Waldorf-branded hotel Stocker will work at, after he previously managed an island resort in the Maldives, and central hotel in Beijing, and worked on projects at regional offices in Singapore for a number of hotels in Bali, Malaysia, and Thailand.
“My mission is not only to ensure Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah continues to be recognised as the leading luxury hotel in the Middle East but also to expand the brand awareness in this competitive market.”
“I am immensely looking forward to the challenge of further advancing Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah’s enviable reputation as the ultimate choice of leisure and business travellers from around the world by delivering its signature True Waldorf Service through exemplifying discreet personalised attention and bespoke service.”
The new GM studied at the South Devon College of Arts and Technology in the UK in 1989, where he graduated with a degree in Hotel Catering and Institutional Management. He has since built his career over the last 30 years by working in a variety of positions at luxury hotels across the world.
The Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah is surrounded by the vast desert, azure sea and soaring mountains. The luxury beachfront hotel has 10 restaurants, a full-service spa, an 18-hole golf course, tennis courts, a fitness centre, and a kids’ club.
The luxury hotel has 346 guest rooms and suites, many of which boast views of the sparkling ocean. In-room amenities include wireless internet, HD plasma TVs, minibars, MP3 players, bathrooms with separate showers and bath tubs, and personal concierge.
During their stay at the Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah, guests can participate in a wide range of sports including golf, tennis and horse riding. Holidaymakers can also head to the beach to enjoy water sports such as deep sea fishing, parasailing, jet skiing, SCUBA diving, banana and donut rides, wake boarding, snorkelling, sailing and water skiing in the warm Arabian Sea.
There are currently three Waldorf Astoria-branded hotels in the United Arab Emirates. These include Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah, Waldorf Astoria Palm Jumeirah in Dubai and Waldorf Astoria DIFC n Dubai. The brand also has a network of properties in destinations including Amsterdam, New York and Beijing.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Ras Al Khaimah Browse all
Get the royal treatment at an exclusive island retreat where everything is designed with your ultimate pampering in mind.
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from Â£99 per person
- Create a true sensory experience with tailored treatments, relaxing massages, traditional Turkish and Moroccan Hammams
- Explore local wildlife beauty with discovery walks, traditional camel rides, rock climbing, desert safaris and more
- Sink into spacious rooms and suites set in sophisticated Moorish design and featuring first-class amenities
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Offering a big variety of activities and facilities to meet the needs of all sort of travellers
- Abundance of fun activities such as jet-skiing or relax in one of two luxury spas
- With 650-meter private beach, 5 temperature-controlled swimming pools, 24-hour Fitness Center that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free!
Traditional charm embraces Arabian culture at the five-star The Cove Rotana, located on a private inlet with 600 metres of pristine beach.
- Enjoy the fantastic array of facilities for kids including children's menu and kids club
- Benefit from 2 Nights of All Inclusive Dinner to Basilico Restaurant with 3 Courses Set Menu
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free
With a good choice of amenities, surrounded by landscaped gardens and an 18-hole golf course, Hilton Al Hamra Beach is a...
Located on the man-made island of Al Marjan, Rixos Bab Al Bahr lies near Ras Al Khaimah. Everything from tourist...
Located on the stunning south east cost of the Arabian Peninsula, the Smartline Beach Resort Ras Al Khaimah enjoys its...
Beautify designed Acacia Hotel By Bin Majid Hotels and Resorts is located in the business district of Ras Al Khaimah...
Pamper yourself at Al Hamra Village Golf & Beach resort - one the most picturesque resorts of Ras Al Khaimah. The hotel...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...