Sandals Chairman to be honoured with first Lifetime Achievement Award
Gordon "Butch" Stewart, the Chairman of Sandals Resorts International, will receive the first ever Lifetime Achievement Award at the Caribbean Hotel & Resort Investment Summit (CHRIS) 2017 in April. The event will be held in Miami and is regarded as the industry’s most important event for companies and individuals interested in investment in the Caribbean.
The first Lifetime Achievement Award of the Caribbean Hotel & Resort Investment Summit (CHRIS) 2017 will be presented to Gordon “Butch” Stewart, the Chairman of Sandals Resorts International. The award will be given to the founder of the hotel group at the event which will take place in April in Miami.
Mr Stewart has already received a list of honours and awards throughout his career in the hospitality industry, including Jamaica’s Highest Individual Award. Sandals Resorts International is the largest privately owned Caribbean hotel group that owns and operates 24 hotels in tropical island destinations including Antigua, Barbados, The Bahamas, Grenada, St Lucia, Jamaica and Turks and Caicos. Stewart’s group of companies also owns the publishing company Jamaica Observer and Appliance Traders Limited (ATL).
The award was announced by the Burba Hotel Network, who will host CHRIS 2017. The company praised Mr. Stewart for
“Innovations that have changed the face of the all-inclusive format and established Sandals Resorts, and now Beaches Resorts, as one of the most successful brands in the category.”
Sandals Resorts International first entered the hospitality market in the Caribbean in 1981 when it launched its first Jamaica hotel in Montego Bay in November. Since then, the company has grown into one of the leading hotels groups in the Caribbean, and it offers luxury all-inclusive experiences for travellers from all over the globe. Over the past 35 years, the group has launched a number of “firsts” in the hospitality sector, such as being the first hotel chain to offer swim-up pool bars, the first to offer satellite TV, the first to offer personal butlers for its guests, and the first to offer overwater accommodation in the Caribbean. Its brands include Sandals Resorts, Beaches Resorts and Grand Pineapple Beach Resorts.
The President of the Burba Hotel Network, (BHN), Jim Burba, added:
“The success of Sandals has helped to power the growth of the tourism industry and the economies not only in Jamaica but throughout the Caribbean. The word ‘icon’ certainly applies to Butch Stewart and we are delighted to be honouring him with this Award.”
Last December, Sandals Resorts International revealed that it is planning to construct a fourth Sandals Resort in St Lucia, following its success on the island. The company will also build a new resort in Jamaica in a first-ever partnership with Marriott International Inc.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Located on Trelawny Bay and its beautiful beach
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- After booking a minimum of a 3 night stay, guests will receive a welcome bottle of sparkling wine & fresh fruit, one mimosa breakfast in bed to be booked upon arrival and romantic turndown service one night during stay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments at Moon Palace Jamaica
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Holiday Inn Resort offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical gardens. The resort has a...
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...