Top Chef US shoots season finale at Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya
Episode 1 of the Top Chef U.S. season finale was recently shot in Mexico and the chosen location for part of the filming was the Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya, where the three finalists also stayed. Throughout the episode viewers can not only appreciate the beauty of the Mexican Yucatan Peninsula but also get a glimpse of the adults-only resort's luxury facilities, sophisticated accommodation and sleek layout. The prize for the winner of the first challenge was a 7-night trip to a Secrets resort.
The thrilling finale of Season 14 of the popular Top Chef U.S. reality TV series was partly shot in the Mexican Riviera Maya, with the three final contestants staying at the ultra-luxurious, adults-only Secrets Akumal Rivera Maya, where they were wowed by the swanky and spacious accommodation, the beautiful pools and the overall layout of the resort, which they described as "paradise".
In the first few minutes of Episode 1 of the two-part season finale, the contestants battled it out on the Quickfire challenge to win an all-expenses-paid, seven-night stay at the Secrets Akumal or at any other Secrets property.
"We have arrived in paradise. Are we in a Jay Z video or something? Let me get my mint coat on and pop some bottles because this place is on another level!"
After the first round, all three contestants were taken to an indigenous Mayan house learn about ancient Mayan cooking tools as the last Elimination Challenge would be done exclusively with Mayan ingredients on an open flame fire and with no electricity or electric appliances.
If you too want to sample the best hospitality while basking under the Riviera Maya's sunshine, the Secrets Akumal, part of AMResorts Collection, is one exceptional all-inclusive retreat, exclusively designed for adults only, offering state-of-the-art comforts, facing one of the "Top 10 Beaches in Mexico" by TripAdvisor and offering their trademark Unlimited-Luxury® privileges. An onsite spa, 24-hour room service and gourmet dining at nine restaurants and six bars, complete the heavenly picture for holiday bliss.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at this beautiful retreat.
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...