Top Chef US shoots season finale at Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya
Episode 1 of the Top Chef U.S. season finale was recently shot in Mexico and the chosen location for part of the filming was the Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya, where the three finalists also stayed. Throughout the episode viewers can not only appreciate the beauty of the Mexican Yucatan Peninsula but also get a glimpse of the adults-only resort's luxury facilities, sophisticated accommodation and sleek layout. The prize for the winner of the first challenge was a 7-night trip to a Secrets resort.
The thrilling finale of Season 14 of the popular Top Chef U.S. reality TV series was partly shot in the Mexican Riviera Maya, with the three final contestants staying at the ultra-luxurious, adults-only Secrets Akumal Rivera Maya, where they were wowed by the swanky and spacious accommodation, the beautiful pools and the overall layout of the resort, which they described as "paradise".
In the first few minutes of Episode 1 of the two-part season finale, the contestants battled it out on the Quickfire challenge to win an all-expenses-paid, seven-night stay at the Secrets Akumal or at any other Secrets property.
"We have arrived in paradise. Are we in a Jay Z video or something? Let me get my mint coat on and pop some bottles because this place is on another level!"
After the first round, all three contestants were taken to an indigenous Mayan house learn about ancient Mayan cooking tools as the last Elimination Challenge would be done exclusively with Mayan ingredients on an open flame fire and with no electricity or electric appliances.
If you too want to sample the best hospitality while basking under the Riviera Maya's sunshine, the Secrets Akumal, part of AMResorts Collection, is one exceptional all-inclusive retreat, exclusively designed for adults only, offering state-of-the-art comforts, facing one of the "Top 10 Beaches in Mexico" by TripAdvisor and offering their trademark Unlimited-Luxury® privileges. An onsite spa, 24-hour room service and gourmet dining at nine restaurants and six bars, complete the heavenly picture for holiday bliss.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- Go for the Unlimited-Luxury Experience at one of Mexico's most coveted all-inclusive resorts
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Incredible January exclusive - Receive a free upgrade to the next room type when booking with The Holiday Place
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free
- The Illusionists are appearing at the resort from 22nd December - 3rd Jan & The amazing Backstreet Boys are appearing on the 29th December*
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Venture to the Caribbean shores of Mexico in the celebrated resort town of Cancun to enjoy a sun-drenched retreat in a...