Top Chef US shoots season finale at Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya
Episode 1 of the Top Chef U.S. season finale was recently shot in Mexico and the chosen location for part of the filming was the Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya, where the three finalists also stayed. Throughout the episode viewers can not only appreciate the beauty of the Mexican Yucatan Peninsula but also get a glimpse of the adults-only resort's luxury facilities, sophisticated accommodation and sleek layout. The prize for the winner of the first challenge was a 7-night trip to a Secrets resort.
The thrilling finale of Season 14 of the popular Top Chef U.S. reality TV series was partly shot in the Mexican Riviera Maya, with the three final contestants staying at the ultra-luxurious, adults-only Secrets Akumal Rivera Maya, where they were wowed by the swanky and spacious accommodation, the beautiful pools and the overall layout of the resort, which they described as "paradise".
In the first few minutes of Episode 1 of the two-part season finale, the contestants battled it out on the Quickfire challenge to win an all-expenses-paid, seven-night stay at the Secrets Akumal or at any other Secrets property.
"We have arrived in paradise. Are we in a Jay Z video or something? Let me get my mint coat on and pop some bottles because this place is on another level!"
After the first round, all three contestants were taken to an indigenous Mayan house learn about ancient Mayan cooking tools as the last Elimination Challenge would be done exclusively with Mayan ingredients on an open flame fire and with no electricity or electric appliances.
If you too want to sample the best hospitality while basking under the Riviera Maya's sunshine, the Secrets Akumal, part of AMResorts Collection, is one exceptional all-inclusive retreat, exclusively designed for adults only, offering state-of-the-art comforts, facing one of the "Top 10 Beaches in Mexico" by TripAdvisor and offering their trademark Unlimited-Luxury® privileges. An onsite spa, 24-hour room service and gourmet dining at nine restaurants and six bars, complete the heavenly picture for holiday bliss.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Complimentary shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool Access
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...