Top Chef US shoots season finale at Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya
Episode 1 of the Top Chef U.S. season finale was recently shot in Mexico and the chosen location for part of the filming was the Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya, where the three finalists also stayed. Throughout the episode viewers can not only appreciate the beauty of the Mexican Yucatan Peninsula but also get a glimpse of the adults-only resort's luxury facilities, sophisticated accommodation and sleek layout. The prize for the winner of the first challenge was a 7-night trip to a Secrets resort.
The thrilling finale of Season 14 of the popular Top Chef U.S. reality TV series was partly shot in the Mexican Riviera Maya, with the three final contestants staying at the ultra-luxurious, adults-only Secrets Akumal Rivera Maya, where they were wowed by the swanky and spacious accommodation, the beautiful pools and the overall layout of the resort, which they described as "paradise".
In the first few minutes of Episode 1 of the two-part season finale, the contestants battled it out on the Quickfire challenge to win an all-expenses-paid, seven-night stay at the Secrets Akumal or at any other Secrets property.
"We have arrived in paradise. Are we in a Jay Z video or something? Let me get my mint coat on and pop some bottles because this place is on another level!"
After the first round, all three contestants were taken to an indigenous Mayan house learn about ancient Mayan cooking tools as the last Elimination Challenge would be done exclusively with Mayan ingredients on an open flame fire and with no electricity or electric appliances.
If you too want to sample the best hospitality while basking under the Riviera Maya's sunshine, the Secrets Akumal, part of AMResorts Collection, is one exceptional all-inclusive retreat, exclusively designed for adults only, offering state-of-the-art comforts, facing one of the "Top 10 Beaches in Mexico" by TripAdvisor and offering their trademark Unlimited-Luxury® privileges. An onsite spa, 24-hour room service and gourmet dining at nine restaurants and six bars, complete the heavenly picture for holiday bliss.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
The resort benefits from the privacy of a resort community creating an all-inclusive adults only oasis while still being close to the Cancun bars, shops and nightlife
- Sample gourmet cuisine from all over the world in nine Ã la carte restaurants
- An all-inclusive adults only oasis located on an untouched peninsula
- Located between the Caribbean sea and a wetlands reserve while still being close enough to lively Cancun
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Indulge in a true adults-only (over 21), urban experience at Oh! where you can take advantage of the hotel’s enviable...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...