Lux resorts introduces creative workshops for guests
Luxury hotelier LUX resorts, which runs several properties across the Indian Ocean islands of Mauritius and the Maldives, has announced it will offer guests a program of new expert-led creative workshops for 2017.
Five-star hotel brand LUX Resorts, which has luxury properties in the Indian Ocean islands of the Maldives, Mauritius and Reunion Island, has introduced creative workshops for guests. New experiences for 2017 range from yoga and Tibetan sound healing to travel writing and watercolour painting.
The new workshops, run by artists and local specialists, are scheduled throughout the year on a rotation across Lux's Indian Ocean Resorts. The experiences are designed to cater for the increasing demand for experiential holidays where travellers can learn something new and pick up a fresh skill.
Travellers can explore Tibetan sound healing, learn how to make Chinese health tonics, or try painting classes with a glass of wine.
Dominik Ruhl, Lux Resort's Chief Operating Officer Dominik Ruhl said:
“2017 will see Lux continue its commitment to creating unique guest experiences and taking hotel innovation and travel inspiration to new levels.”
During February and March 2017 Vinyasa flow yoga and print-making classes with Lucy Lawes from NamARTste will be hosted at Lux South Ari Atoll, Lux's Mauritius resorts and at Lux Saint Gilles Reunion Island from 13 – 15 March.
March and April 2017 will see an Instagram Success with Lola Berry workshop come to several resorts, helping guests take better Instagram photos and find out the secrets of engaging with an online community.
Watercolour and Wine workshops with Sally Conwell, where guests can learn about brushwork, colour mixing, rendering light and shade while sipping wine, will be featured at resorts throughout April and June.
For August and September 2017, travellers staying at Lux Resorts will be treated to Tibetan Sound Healing classes with Phoebe Joel. There will also be DIY Kombucha & Health Tonic workshops with Gillian Kozicki from Cultured Artisans, which will offer guests the chance to explore the benefits of Chinese health drink Kombucha and learn how to make beet kvass, master tonic and rejuvelac.
DIY Chinese Medicine Therapies workshops continue in November 2017 with Moxa Punk – an ancient system teaching that Tai Chi, qigong, and diet are as much a part of Chinese medicine as acupuncture and herbs.
Lux's calender of experiential workshops finishes up in December 2017 with Japanese Bookbinding with Michelle Lackenby from Paperazzi Design Studio. Guests can learn binding techniques and make books in handmade suminagashi marbled papers.
Throughout the year, Lux Le Morne in Mauritius will also be hosting lessons on the Art of Mauritian Pirogue with specialist boating instructor Ti Regate, where guests can experience a ride in traditional Pirogue narrow boats across a calm blue lagoon.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Indian Ocean Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Be moved by India's icons; from the majestic Taj Mahal to the natural beauty of Keoladeo National Park - this is India at its best.
- Experience the Royal Maharaja lifestyle with a stay in a wonderful Bharatpur Palace
- Discover the magnificent City Palace Museum and enjoy an authentic Rajasthani feast in Jaipur
- See Humayun's Tomb in Delhi, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the first garden-tomb on the Indian subcontinent
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself.
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
The beauty of the East coast of Mauritius is without question, and all can be enjoyed at Laguna Beach Hotel & Spa, set...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...