Lux resorts introduces creative workshops for guests
Luxury hotelier LUX resorts, which runs several properties across the Indian Ocean islands of Mauritius and the Maldives, has announced it will offer guests a program of new expert-led creative workshops for 2017.
Five-star hotel brand LUX Resorts, which has luxury properties in the Indian Ocean islands of the Maldives, Mauritius and Reunion Island, has introduced creative workshops for guests. New experiences for 2017 range from yoga and Tibetan sound healing to travel writing and watercolour painting.
The new workshops, run by artists and local specialists, are scheduled throughout the year on a rotation across Lux's Indian Ocean Resorts. The experiences are designed to cater for the increasing demand for experiential holidays where travellers can learn something new and pick up a fresh skill.
Travellers can explore Tibetan sound healing, learn how to make Chinese health tonics, or try painting classes with a glass of wine.
Dominik Ruhl, Lux Resort's Chief Operating Officer Dominik Ruhl said:
“2017 will see Lux continue its commitment to creating unique guest experiences and taking hotel innovation and travel inspiration to new levels.”
During February and March 2017 Vinyasa flow yoga and print-making classes with Lucy Lawes from NamARTste will be hosted at Lux South Ari Atoll, Lux's Mauritius resorts and at Lux Saint Gilles Reunion Island from 13 – 15 March.
March and April 2017 will see an Instagram Success with Lola Berry workshop come to several resorts, helping guests take better Instagram photos and find out the secrets of engaging with an online community.
Watercolour and Wine workshops with Sally Conwell, where guests can learn about brushwork, colour mixing, rendering light and shade while sipping wine, will be featured at resorts throughout April and June.
For August and September 2017, travellers staying at Lux Resorts will be treated to Tibetan Sound Healing classes with Phoebe Joel. There will also be DIY Kombucha & Health Tonic workshops with Gillian Kozicki from Cultured Artisans, which will offer guests the chance to explore the benefits of Chinese health drink Kombucha and learn how to make beet kvass, master tonic and rejuvelac.
DIY Chinese Medicine Therapies workshops continue in November 2017 with Moxa Punk – an ancient system teaching that Tai Chi, qigong, and diet are as much a part of Chinese medicine as acupuncture and herbs.
Lux's calender of experiential workshops finishes up in December 2017 with Japanese Bookbinding with Michelle Lackenby from Paperazzi Design Studio. Guests can learn binding techniques and make books in handmade suminagashi marbled papers.
Throughout the year, Lux Le Morne in Mauritius will also be hosting lessons on the Art of Mauritian Pirogue with specialist boating instructor Ti Regate, where guests can experience a ride in traditional Pirogue narrow boats across a calm blue lagoon.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Indian Ocean Browse all
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
An Exotic Escape at the beachfront Ambre Hotel in Belle Mare comes at an affordable price - it's too good to resist...
- Watersports includes Wind-surfing, kayaks,laser sails, glass-bottom boat trips and snorkelling
- Free Golf Included in your Holiday at Le Touessrok
- Excellent kids club with fun programmes for the little one open twelve hours a day
Intercontinental Mauritius + Hyatt Regency Dubai
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most picturesque parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Uncover the unique charm of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites on this...
The Ambre Hotel is one exclusive property that will enthral travellers and boasts uninterrupted views of the tropical...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka and beach Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the...
There are few better places from which to enjoy the calming effect of the Indian Ocean breeze than at Avani Kalutara in...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...