Shangri-La Hambantota Resort and Spa in Sri Lanka launches local nature tours
The new luxury Shangri-La Hambantota Resort & Spa on Sri Lanka’s southern coast has announced a series of adventure tours and experiences for its guests to explore the island’s rich wildlife and natural wonders.
The newly-launched Shangri-La Hambantota Resort & Spa in southern Sri Lanka is offering a selection of tours covering the island’s renowned natural wonders and wildlife. Guests at the luxury resort can pick from adventure tours and experiences that include leopard-spotting in Yala National Park, whale-watching off Mirissa and encounters with elephants in Udawalawe National Park.
Located on Sri Lanka’s ancient spice route, hugging the island’s southern Indian Ocean coast, the Shangri-La has easy access to the country's finest nature and wildlife reserves, and most picturesque beaches. Its new guided tours and safaris include visits to:
Yala National Park
A huge protected area on Sri Lanka’s south-east coast that’s home to the elusive Sri Lankan leopard, as well as elephants, sloth bears, sambars, jackals, spotted deer, peacocks, and crocodiles.
Bundala National Park
A maze of waterways, lagoons and dunes on the southern coast, which is a habitat for countless exotic birds including greater flamingos, and also hosts elephants and crocodiles.
Udawalawe National Park
A huge reserve with a large population of Sri Lankan elephants, as well as local leopards and endemic birds.
A scenic and sandy crescent beach with a point break popular with surfers.
Sri Lanka’s whale-watching hub where a variety of cetaceans can be seen breaching the surf between November and April.
Within the resort there are also some unique features to keep guests entertained including the Kadamandiya cultural village, which acts as a hub for local artisans and artists, and the Cool Zone with trapezes, an outdoor aquatic park and a drone-flying area. Among the resort’s more traditional facilities is Sri Lanka's only premier 18-hole golf course set amid a large coconut palm plantation.
The hotel is part of the Shangri-La brand which owns and operates around 100 luxury hotels all over the world in destinations such as Oman, the Maldives, Thailand, Canada and the UK. The Hong Kong-based group is currently developing new hotels in mainland China, Cambodia, Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, Myanmar and Saudi Arabia.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Enjoy a relaxing stay in an ideal setting surrounded by lush frangipanis, swaying palms and the glistening blue waters of Bentota's beaches.
- Discover Sri Lanka's cultural wonders from a soothing luxury retreat oozing 18th century charm
- Bask in acres of lush gardens framed by frangipani trees and facing a secluded golden sand beach
- Be wowed by the Dine by Design concept, allowing you to eat out in an array of scenic settings
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Take advantage of this twin destination combination treat
- Enjoy themed nights with flavours from around the world in Sri Lanka
- Discover the wonder of Old and New Delhi with a guided, full day city tour
- Visit the City Palace, an overwhelming complex of exquisite palaces, gardens and courtyards, decorative art and carved doorways
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
This fantastic package allows you to discover the delights of the Superior Golden Triangle Tour where you will explore...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka and beach Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Avani Bentota is set in eight acres of lush frangipanis and coconut palms by the golden sands of Bentota. This hotel...