Shangri-La Hambantota Resort and Spa in Sri Lanka launches local nature tours
The new luxury Shangri-La Hambantota Resort & Spa on Sri Lanka’s southern coast has announced a series of adventure tours and experiences for its guests to explore the island’s rich wildlife and natural wonders.
The newly-launched Shangri-La Hambantota Resort & Spa in southern Sri Lanka is offering a selection of tours covering the island’s renowned natural wonders and wildlife. Guests at the luxury resort can pick from adventure tours and experiences that include leopard-spotting in Yala National Park, whale-watching off Mirissa and encounters with elephants in Udawalawe National Park.
Located on Sri Lanka’s ancient spice route, hugging the island’s southern Indian Ocean coast, the Shangri-La has easy access to the country's finest nature and wildlife reserves, and most picturesque beaches. Its new guided tours and safaris include visits to:
Yala National Park
A huge protected area on Sri Lanka’s south-east coast that’s home to the elusive Sri Lankan leopard, as well as elephants, sloth bears, sambars, jackals, spotted deer, peacocks, and crocodiles.
Bundala National Park
A maze of waterways, lagoons and dunes on the southern coast, which is a habitat for countless exotic birds including greater flamingos, and also hosts elephants and crocodiles.
Udawalawe National Park
A huge reserve with a large population of Sri Lankan elephants, as well as local leopards and endemic birds.
A scenic and sandy crescent beach with a point break popular with surfers.
Sri Lanka’s whale-watching hub where a variety of cetaceans can be seen breaching the surf between November and April.
Within the resort there are also some unique features to keep guests entertained including the Kadamandiya cultural village, which acts as a hub for local artisans and artists, and the Cool Zone with trapezes, an outdoor aquatic park and a drone-flying area. Among the resort’s more traditional facilities is Sri Lanka's only premier 18-hole golf course set amid a large coconut palm plantation.
The hotel is part of the Shangri-La brand which owns and operates around 100 luxury hotels all over the world in destinations such as Oman, the Maldives, Thailand, Canada and the UK. The Hong Kong-based group is currently developing new hotels in mainland China, Cambodia, Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, Myanmar and Saudi Arabia.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- Price includes free Half Board Upgrade
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting a la carte menus and buffet style
Discover the beautiful Sri Lankan nature, located beside a perfect strech beach on the Island's West Coast
- Beautifully located beside a perfect stretch of sandy beach on the island's west coast
- Modern and comfortable rooms with breathtaking sea views
- Choose from the open air terrace offering delicious traditional and international cuisines
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- Transport in a comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- English speaking chauffer guide for the entire round tour
Soak up the sunshine that pours down on Sri Lanka's Indian Ocean coastline at Tangerine Beach. Make the scenic resort...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
This fantastic package allows you to discover the delights of the Superior Golden Triangle Tour where you will explore...
There are few better places from which to enjoy the calming effect of the Indian Ocean breeze than at Avani Kalutara in...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...