Movenpick island resort in Ras Al Khaimah to be ready by 2019
International luxury hotel chain, Movenpick Hotels and Resorts are expanding their properties in the UAE with a new project in the up-and-coming holiday hub of Ras Al Khaimah. Set to open in 2019, the Al Marjan Island will feature over 500 lavish lodgings spread across a cluster of stunning man-made keys.
An exciting new project in the rapidly-growing tourist hub of Ras Al Khaimah is already on the go for Swiss-based hotel chain, Movenpick Hotels and Resorts, who just sealed the deal to operate the Al Marjan Island.
This lush property will be set on an architectural wonder the United Arab Emirates (UAE) have become internationally renowned for, breath-taking man-made islands. The $1.8 billion project is advancing accordingly and is expected to open its doors to the public in 2019.
Specialising in five-star luxury hotels and 4-star business and airport properties, Movenpick now engages in the Al Marjan Island, a unique venue boasting a cluster of 550 coral-shaped keys and set in a prime beachfront location with awe-inspiring views of the Arabian Gulf and the beautiful Ras Al Khaimah coastline. Once all the works are finished, the future five-star resort will comprise 430 lavish rooms and suites as well as 120 serviced apartments for utmost comfort, intimacy and tailored assistance.
The Al Marjan Island offers a great location for guests, close to RAK International Airport, which is usually served by scheduled carriers such as Qatar Airways, Air Arabia and Air India Express, as well as numerous European and Russian charter airlines. Those who travel through the world’s busiest airport, Dubai International, won’t have to wait too long to arrive at the Al Marjan, as it is just 45 minutes by road. As an up-and-coming holiday destination within the UAE and the Middle East, Ras al Khaimah promises to keep growing and bring travelers from all over the world.
In relation to this, the Chief Operating Officer of Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts, Middle East and South Asia, Andreas Mattmuller stated:
“Mövenpick Resort Al Marjan Island, Ras Al Khaimah is a valuable addition to our portfolio and will provide leisure travellers with another compelling reason to visit one of the UAE’s most stunning holiday destinations.”
As the number of leisure travellers to of Ras Al Khaimah continues to grow significantly, the Al Marjan Island proves a promising asset to this idyllic beach destination. According to the Ras Al Khaimah Tourism Development Authority, which targets one million arrivals by the end of 2018, the flow of visitors to this region is expected to rise 11% and reach more than 820,000 by the end of the current year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Ras Al Khaimah Browse all
Warm and cosy atmosphere in the 54 individually-styled villas offering 219 rooms and suites
- Make the most of your dream holiday while your kids are having fun at the outdoor open air play area
- Complimentary shuttle bus to Dubai Mall
- Best quality services including health club, gymnasium, sauna and much more
Traditional charm embraces Arabian culture at the five-star The Cove Rotana, located on a private inlet with 600 metres of pristine beach.
- Enjoy the fantastic array of facilities for kids including children's menu and kids club
- Benefit from 2 Nights of All Inclusive Dinner to Basilico Restaurant with 3 Courses Set Menu
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Offering a big variety of activities and facilities to meet the needs of all sort of travellers
- Abundance of fun activities such as jet-skiing or relax in one of two luxury spas
- With 650-meter private beach, 5 temperature-controlled swimming pools, 24-hour Fitness Center that will make your trip unforgetable experience
- Up to 2 children eat and stay for free!
Enjoy a varied selection of sports activities and evening entertainments
- Relax by the resort's infinity pool overlooking the clear waters of the ocean and providing cool leisure and refreshments
- Rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit with the magical touch of various spa treatments
- Discover the fascinating ancient desert art while learning about falconry in an exclusive session with a professional falconer
With a good choice of amenities, surrounded by landscaped gardens and an 18-hole golf course, Hilton Al Hamra Beach is a...
If you need to escape the world, even for just a weekend, the Cove Rotana Resort in Ras Al Khaimah is the perfect hotel...
Discover the beauty of Ras al Khaimah during your stay at the luxurious Doubletree by Hilton Resort and Spa Marjan...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...
Pamper yourself at Al Hamra Village Golf & Beach resort - one the most picturesque resorts of Ras Al Khaimah. The hotel...
Located on a pristine island and surrounded by crystal clear waters of the Arabian Gulf, the Marjan Island Resort and...