Shangri-La brings warm Asian hospitality to The Holiday Place
Updating us on Shangri-La's latest developments and newest hotel openings, the lovely Wynne Tam made it to The Holiday Place's London office yesterday to hold a casual meeting with our product managers and discuss the brand's plans in the future while strengthening our current bonds.
Yesterday, The Holiday Place was overjoyed to welcome one of our partners from Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Leisure Sales Executive, Wynne Tam, who came down to hold informal talks with our team and give us a few updates on the brand and one of its newest sub-brands: Jen.
We learnt that the new Hotel Jen brand by Shangri-La comprises a group of charming, boutique properties in urban locations that cater to city explorers. Positioned in trendy settings, these four-star gems offer quality accommodation with a playful twist and warm, friendly hospitality.
Created to offer spontaneous breaks for curious travellers, "Leave Boring Behind" is this latest brand's ultimate motto. Since its launch last year, the brand has expanded to include more key locations across Asia; from Hong Kong to Singapore, China, Philippiness, Malaysia and Maldives.
On another note, we also learnt that the hotelier's La Rasa Ria sub-brand has become more popular among UK guests and heard about Shangri-La's plans to redefine some of its resorts in key destinations like Malaysia and Borneo, where two Shangri-La Rasa Ria are located, as well as in Singapore, home to the Shangri-La Rasa Sentosa.
One of the latest Shangri-La properties to soon open to the public will be the brand new Songbei Shangri-La Harbin in China, scheduled to open in just a few days, before the end of December 2016. The new resort will boast a privileged location on the edge of the scenic Songhua River, offering sweeping views over the city and the water.
Finally, we were updated on the fact that the stunning Shangri-La Hambantota Resort and Spa recently opened in Sri Lanka, on a former 145-acre coconut plantation, offering guests metres of uninterrupted beachfront and lush, palm tree-lined grounds. The resort also boasts a CHI, The Spa, where holistic Ayurvedic treatments are offered employing 100 per cent organic ingredients.
Whilst the visit was short, it was incredibly insightful and we do hope Shangri-La does come back to The Holiday Place for more! Thank you Wynne, and, hopefully, see you soon!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- Enjoy $200 Resort Coupons to use on Spa Treatments, Romantic Dinners and more
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
- Save more this March with exclusive savings plus 1st Child stays and Plays Free
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...