Shangri-La brings warm Asian hospitality to The Holiday Place
Updating us on Shangri-La's latest developments and newest hotel openings, the lovely Wynne Tam made it to The Holiday Place's London office yesterday to hold a casual meeting with our product managers and discuss the brand's plans in the future while strengthening our current bonds.
Yesterday, The Holiday Place was overjoyed to welcome one of our partners from Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Leisure Sales Executive, Wynne Tam, who came down to hold informal talks with our team and give us a few updates on the brand and one of its newest sub-brands: Jen.
We learnt that the new Hotel Jen brand by Shangri-La comprises a group of charming, boutique properties in urban locations that cater to city explorers. Positioned in trendy settings, these four-star gems offer quality accommodation with a playful twist and warm, friendly hospitality.
Created to offer spontaneous breaks for curious travellers, "Leave Boring Behind" is this latest brand's ultimate motto. Since its launch last year, the brand has expanded to include more key locations across Asia; from Hong Kong to Singapore, China, Philippiness, Malaysia and Maldives.
On another note, we also learnt that the hotelier's La Rasa Ria sub-brand has become more popular among UK guests and heard about Shangri-La's plans to redefine some of its resorts in key destinations like Malaysia and Borneo, where two Shangri-La Rasa Ria are located, as well as in Singapore, home to the Shangri-La Rasa Sentosa.
One of the latest Shangri-La properties to soon open to the public will be the brand new Songbei Shangri-La Harbin in China, scheduled to open in just a few days, before the end of December 2016. The new resort will boast a privileged location on the edge of the scenic Songhua River, offering sweeping views over the city and the water.
Finally, we were updated on the fact that the stunning Shangri-La Hambantota Resort and Spa recently opened in Sri Lanka, on a former 145-acre coconut plantation, offering guests metres of uninterrupted beachfront and lush, palm tree-lined grounds. The resort also boasts a CHI, The Spa, where holistic Ayurvedic treatments are offered employing 100 per cent organic ingredients.
Whilst the visit was short, it was incredibly insightful and we do hope Shangri-La does come back to The Holiday Place for more! Thank you Wynne, and, hopefully, see you soon!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...