Shangri-La brings warm Asian hospitality to The Holiday Place
Updating us on Shangri-La's latest developments and newest hotel openings, the lovely Wynne Tam made it to The Holiday Place's London office yesterday to hold a casual meeting with our product managers and discuss the brand's plans in the future while strengthening our current bonds.
Yesterday, The Holiday Place was overjoyed to welcome one of our partners from Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Leisure Sales Executive, Wynne Tam, who came down to hold informal talks with our team and give us a few updates on the brand and one of its newest sub-brands: Jen.
We learnt that the new Hotel Jen brand by Shangri-La comprises a group of charming, boutique properties in urban locations that cater to city explorers. Positioned in trendy settings, these four-star gems offer quality accommodation with a playful twist and warm, friendly hospitality.
Created to offer spontaneous breaks for curious travellers, "Leave Boring Behind" is this latest brand's ultimate motto. Since its launch last year, the brand has expanded to include more key locations across Asia; from Hong Kong to Singapore, China, Philippiness, Malaysia and Maldives.
On another note, we also learnt that the hotelier's La Rasa Ria sub-brand has become more popular among UK guests and heard about Shangri-La's plans to redefine some of its resorts in key destinations like Malaysia and Borneo, where two Shangri-La Rasa Ria are located, as well as in Singapore, home to the Shangri-La Rasa Sentosa.
One of the latest Shangri-La properties to soon open to the public will be the brand new Songbei Shangri-La Harbin in China, scheduled to open in just a few days, before the end of December 2016. The new resort will boast a privileged location on the edge of the scenic Songhua River, offering sweeping views over the city and the water.
Finally, we were updated on the fact that the stunning Shangri-La Hambantota Resort and Spa recently opened in Sri Lanka, on a former 145-acre coconut plantation, offering guests metres of uninterrupted beachfront and lush, palm tree-lined grounds. The resort also boasts a CHI, The Spa, where holistic Ayurvedic treatments are offered employing 100 per cent organic ingredients.
Whilst the visit was short, it was incredibly insightful and we do hope Shangri-La does come back to The Holiday Place for more! Thank you Wynne, and, hopefully, see you soon!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...