Shangri-La brings warm Asian hospitality to The Holiday Place
Updating us on Shangri-La's latest developments and newest hotel openings, the lovely Wynne Tam made it to The Holiday Place's London office yesterday to hold a casual meeting with our product managers and discuss the brand's plans in the future while strengthening our current bonds.
Yesterday, The Holiday Place was overjoyed to welcome one of our partners from Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Leisure Sales Executive, Wynne Tam, who came down to hold informal talks with our team and give us a few updates on the brand and one of its newest sub-brands: Jen.
We learnt that the new Hotel Jen brand by Shangri-La comprises a group of charming, boutique properties in urban locations that cater to city explorers. Positioned in trendy settings, these four-star gems offer quality accommodation with a playful twist and warm, friendly hospitality.
Created to offer spontaneous breaks for curious travellers, "Leave Boring Behind" is this latest brand's ultimate motto. Since its launch last year, the brand has expanded to include more key locations across Asia; from Hong Kong to Singapore, China, Philippiness, Malaysia and Maldives.
On another note, we also learnt that the hotelier's La Rasa Ria sub-brand has become more popular among UK guests and heard about Shangri-La's plans to redefine some of its resorts in key destinations like Malaysia and Borneo, where two Shangri-La Rasa Ria are located, as well as in Singapore, home to the Shangri-La Rasa Sentosa.
One of the latest Shangri-La properties to soon open to the public will be the brand new Songbei Shangri-La Harbin in China, scheduled to open in just a few days, before the end of December 2016. The new resort will boast a privileged location on the edge of the scenic Songhua River, offering sweeping views over the city and the water.
Finally, we were updated on the fact that the stunning Shangri-La Hambantota Resort and Spa recently opened in Sri Lanka, on a former 145-acre coconut plantation, offering guests metres of uninterrupted beachfront and lush, palm tree-lined grounds. The resort also boasts a CHI, The Spa, where holistic Ayurvedic treatments are offered employing 100 per cent organic ingredients.
Whilst the visit was short, it was incredibly insightful and we do hope Shangri-La does come back to The Holiday Place for more! Thank you Wynne, and, hopefully, see you soon!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Make the most of glass-bottomed boat trips, kayaking, snorkelling and green fees at the nearby Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club
- Enjoy a selection of restaurants and Bars inlcuding a swim-up bar
- Ambre resort has stunning views of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 750-metre long white natural beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...