Shangri-La brings warm Asian hospitality to The Holiday Place
Updating us on Shangri-La's latest developments and newest hotel openings, the lovely Wynne Tam made it to The Holiday Place's London office yesterday to hold a casual meeting with our product managers and discuss the brand's plans in the future while strengthening our current bonds.
Yesterday, The Holiday Place was overjoyed to welcome one of our partners from Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Leisure Sales Executive, Wynne Tam, who came down to hold informal talks with our team and give us a few updates on the brand and one of its newest sub-brands: Jen.
We learnt that the new Hotel Jen brand by Shangri-La comprises a group of charming, boutique properties in urban locations that cater to city explorers. Positioned in trendy settings, these four-star gems offer quality accommodation with a playful twist and warm, friendly hospitality.
Created to offer spontaneous breaks for curious travellers, "Leave Boring Behind" is this latest brand's ultimate motto. Since its launch last year, the brand has expanded to include more key locations across Asia; from Hong Kong to Singapore, China, Philippiness, Malaysia and Maldives.
On another note, we also learnt that the hotelier's La Rasa Ria sub-brand has become more popular among UK guests and heard about Shangri-La's plans to redefine some of its resorts in key destinations like Malaysia and Borneo, where two Shangri-La Rasa Ria are located, as well as in Singapore, home to the Shangri-La Rasa Sentosa.
One of the latest Shangri-La properties to soon open to the public will be the brand new Songbei Shangri-La Harbin in China, scheduled to open in just a few days, before the end of December 2016. The new resort will boast a privileged location on the edge of the scenic Songhua River, offering sweeping views over the city and the water.
Finally, we were updated on the fact that the stunning Shangri-La Hambantota Resort and Spa recently opened in Sri Lanka, on a former 145-acre coconut plantation, offering guests metres of uninterrupted beachfront and lush, palm tree-lined grounds. The resort also boasts a CHI, The Spa, where holistic Ayurvedic treatments are offered employing 100 per cent organic ingredients.
Whilst the visit was short, it was incredibly insightful and we do hope Shangri-La does come back to The Holiday Place for more! Thank you Wynne, and, hopefully, see you soon!
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...