AMResorts introduces new Temazcal ceremony in five of its Mexico resorts
Adding to the variety of all-inclusive experiences guests can enjoy at their resorts, five of AMResorts' Mexican properties are now adding an exclusive new treat, completely free of charge. Offered on a complimentary basis, as part of the resorts' trademark Endless Privileges and Unlimited-Luxury concepts, the new Temazcal ceremony is a therapeutic healing experience based on ancient indigenous methods and performed by an experienced Intercessor, or spiritual healer.
A new, innovative and unique inclusion has been added to five luxury all-inclusive resorts in Mexico, all part of the AMResorts family and all now offering guests the chance to participate in an invigorating ancient Mesoamerican ritual with healing properties.
The newly launched Temazcal Ceremony, will be offered to guests on a complimentary basis as part of these resorts' all-inclusive programmes; the Endless Privileges® and Unlimited-Luxury® concepts.
The participating resorts are the adults-only properties of Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita Riviera Maya and Secrets Huatulco Resort and Spa as well as the family-friendly Dreams Playa Mujeres Golf and Spa Resort, Dreams Tulum Resort and Spa and Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun.
For those wondering what a Temazcal Ceremony entails, let's start by explaining the meaning of the word "temazcal", which roughly translates as "house of heat" and "temple of warm stones". These warm temples were traditionally used by the Mayan and Aztecs to heal and purify mind, body and soul. Often described as an experience where individuals return to the womb of Mother Earth, temazcal therapies are still widely used across Mexico and Central America for spiritual and health reasons.
Guests wanting to partake in one of these relaxing group sessions during holidays at either of these five luxury Mexico resorts, will be invited to enter a specially designed Temazcal cave-like structure filled with hot stones, where an Intercessor will lead participants through an-hour-long therapy sessions.
Once inside you will be seated in a circle to enjoy the healing ceremony and be guided through the captivating aromas, the herbal steams, spiritual sounds and sensations. At the end of this sacred ritual, guests are advised to take a cold shower to regulate body temperature, relax the muscles, rehydrate and allow body and mind to process the whole experience.
The purpose of a Temazcal ceremony is to achieve a rebirthing of the senses through a balancing of the participant's wisdom, awareness and will. The ritual has endless physiological and psychological benefits, and works as an excellent stress reliever because it detoxifies and regenerates cells. If you want a complimentary introduction to temazcal therapies, only AMResorts will give you the full experience for free, at either of the above-mentioned luxury resorts in Mexico. If you want to be a part of it, now's a great time to start thinking about booking an indulgent AMResorts escape.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Exclusive India Sale, Enjoy Huge reductions on all our tours must be booked by 31 August 2017
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Unwind in an adults-only paradise upon white sands with a FREE room upgrade and HALF price accomodation
Stay in pure paradise at Pineapple Beach Club, surrounded by a stunning waterfront of spectacular powdery white sands, it's heaven on earth
- Rejuvenate at the luxurious hotel spa or keep active all the selection of All-Inclusive water and on land activities included during your stay
- Formerly Grand Pineapple Beach Resort, The Pineapple Beach Club is a newly renovated Adults-Only All Inclusive Paradise
- Book and save up to 50%Summer just got better with savings of up to 50% plus a FREE ROOM UPGRADE in selected rooms
- Dine Al Fresco with breathtaking views of the turquoise waters of Long Bay
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...