AMResorts introduces new Temazcal ceremony in five of its Mexico resorts
Adding to the variety of all-inclusive experiences guests can enjoy at their resorts, five of AMResorts' Mexican properties are now adding an exclusive new treat, completely free of charge. Offered on a complimentary basis, as part of the resorts' trademark Endless Privileges and Unlimited-Luxury concepts, the new Temazcal ceremony is a therapeutic healing experience based on ancient indigenous methods and performed by an experienced Intercessor, or spiritual healer.
A new, innovative and unique inclusion has been added to five luxury all-inclusive resorts in Mexico, all part of the AMResorts family and all now offering guests the chance to participate in an invigorating ancient Mesoamerican ritual with healing properties.
The newly launched Temazcal Ceremony, will be offered to guests on a complimentary basis as part of these resorts' all-inclusive programmes; the Endless Privileges® and Unlimited-Luxury® concepts.
The participating resorts are the adults-only properties of Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita Riviera Maya and Secrets Huatulco Resort and Spa as well as the family-friendly Dreams Playa Mujeres Golf and Spa Resort, Dreams Tulum Resort and Spa and Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun.
For those wondering what a Temazcal Ceremony entails, let's start by explaining the meaning of the word "temazcal", which roughly translates as "house of heat" and "temple of warm stones". These warm temples were traditionally used by the Mayan and Aztecs to heal and purify mind, body and soul. Often described as an experience where individuals return to the womb of Mother Earth, temazcal therapies are still widely used across Mexico and Central America for spiritual and health reasons.
Guests wanting to partake in one of these relaxing group sessions during holidays at either of these five luxury Mexico resorts, will be invited to enter a specially designed Temazcal cave-like structure filled with hot stones, where an Intercessor will lead participants through an-hour-long therapy sessions.
Once inside you will be seated in a circle to enjoy the healing ceremony and be guided through the captivating aromas, the herbal steams, spiritual sounds and sensations. At the end of this sacred ritual, guests are advised to take a cold shower to regulate body temperature, relax the muscles, rehydrate and allow body and mind to process the whole experience.
The purpose of a Temazcal ceremony is to achieve a rebirthing of the senses through a balancing of the participant's wisdom, awareness and will. The ritual has endless physiological and psychological benefits, and works as an excellent stress reliever because it detoxifies and regenerates cells. If you want a complimentary introduction to temazcal therapies, only AMResorts will give you the full experience for free, at either of the above-mentioned luxury resorts in Mexico. If you want to be a part of it, now's a great time to start thinking about booking an indulgent AMResorts escape.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...