AMResorts introduces new Temazcal ceremony in five of its Mexico resorts
Adding to the variety of all-inclusive experiences guests can enjoy at their resorts, five of AMResorts' Mexican properties are now adding an exclusive new treat, completely free of charge. Offered on a complimentary basis, as part of the resorts' trademark Endless Privileges and Unlimited-Luxury concepts, the new Temazcal ceremony is a therapeutic healing experience based on ancient indigenous methods and performed by an experienced Intercessor, or spiritual healer.
A new, innovative and unique inclusion has been added to five luxury all-inclusive resorts in Mexico, all part of the AMResorts family and all now offering guests the chance to participate in an invigorating ancient Mesoamerican ritual with healing properties.
The newly launched Temazcal Ceremony, will be offered to guests on a complimentary basis as part of these resorts' all-inclusive programmes; the Endless Privileges® and Unlimited-Luxury® concepts.
The participating resorts are the adults-only properties of Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita Riviera Maya and Secrets Huatulco Resort and Spa as well as the family-friendly Dreams Playa Mujeres Golf and Spa Resort, Dreams Tulum Resort and Spa and Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun.
For those wondering what a Temazcal Ceremony entails, let's start by explaining the meaning of the word "temazcal", which roughly translates as "house of heat" and "temple of warm stones". These warm temples were traditionally used by the Mayan and Aztecs to heal and purify mind, body and soul. Often described as an experience where individuals return to the womb of Mother Earth, temazcal therapies are still widely used across Mexico and Central America for spiritual and health reasons.
Guests wanting to partake in one of these relaxing group sessions during holidays at either of these five luxury Mexico resorts, will be invited to enter a specially designed Temazcal cave-like structure filled with hot stones, where an Intercessor will lead participants through an-hour-long therapy sessions.
Once inside you will be seated in a circle to enjoy the healing ceremony and be guided through the captivating aromas, the herbal steams, spiritual sounds and sensations. At the end of this sacred ritual, guests are advised to take a cold shower to regulate body temperature, relax the muscles, rehydrate and allow body and mind to process the whole experience.
The purpose of a Temazcal ceremony is to achieve a rebirthing of the senses through a balancing of the participant's wisdom, awareness and will. The ritual has endless physiological and psychological benefits, and works as an excellent stress reliever because it detoxifies and regenerates cells. If you want a complimentary introduction to temazcal therapies, only AMResorts will give you the full experience for free, at either of the above-mentioned luxury resorts in Mexico. If you want to be a part of it, now's a great time to start thinking about booking an indulgent AMResorts escape.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...