Forbes declares cheapest prices ever for Mexico travel
As a consequence of the US election results, the Mexican peso hit an all-time low on 9th November and has since continued to slide. According to Forbes contributor, Larry Olmsted, this low value makes now the best time to travel to Mexico from a cost perspective. Olmsted shares what he thinks are the best Mexican destinations to spend cheap yet unforgettable holidays.
According to Forbes consultant Larry Olmsted, now is the best time to plan a dream holiday to Mexico for the lowest cost. After the US election results came through on 9th November, the Mexican peso hit an all-time low against the U.S. dollar. The currency now continues to devaluate. Only two days after, it had already lost approximately 12% of its worth. According to Chicago Tribune analysts, predictions an additional 7-25% in decline could arrive before year’s end, only six weeks away.
This truly historic event proves a great opportunity for American and international travellers who now have the chance to experience some of the most incredible holidays in Mexico for much lower prices. Olmsted recommends some of the best destinations tourists can try whilst taking advantage of the discounts.
Set on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, the Riviera Maya is filled with all kinds of amazing attractions. Travellers can discover Mayan ruins like Tulum, Coba and Chichen Itza, bathe in stunning beaches, taste delicious food, snorkel or scuba dive in the world’s second largest barrier reef or practice their swing at quality golf courses. Lodgings are also comfy and diverse, ranging from luxury boutique venues to all-inclusive properties.
San Jose de Cabo and Cabo San Lucas compose the twin city region of Los Cabos, known as “Mexico’s Hawaii”. Renowned for providing upscale tourism, Los Cabos comprise tons of luxury resorts, world-class golf courses, sports fishing and wonderful spas.
Foodies won’t be able to resist a trip to Oaxaca, the country’s culinary centre. Known for making some of the best moles in the world, this region is buzzing with restaurants where voyagers can taste delicious Mexican fare or even venture into learning the cooking secrets behind some of the recipes in hands-on cooking classes.
Though traditionally considered a business destination, Mexico’s capital has a lot to offer. Aside from luxury hotels like St. Regis and Four Seasons, Mexico City counts with a plethora of museums, night clubs and historic attractions including Teotihuacan, which contains two of the world’s largest pyramids.
San Miguel de Allende
Dating from the 16th century, San Miguel de Allende is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visitors adore this carefully-preserved colonial city which is famous for its arts and home to one of the country’s most prestigious schools for painters. Walking through the cobblestone streets and getting to know more of its history are great ways of seeing another side of Mexico.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Enjoy fantastic discounts when travelling with kids
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
Panama Jack Resorts Gran Caribe Cancun is a welcoming resort offering a touch of luxury with amazing service guaranteed
- Enjoy a great time in the Swimming Pools which include an Activity Pool, A Family Pool, Two Splash Pools with Slides and A Hot Tub
- Enjoy genuine authentic Mexican hospitality at the resort sure to make your holiday even more special and one that you will never forget
- Camp Jack is packed with cool activities and adventures like water sports, beach games, arts and crafts, and nightly shows. Mini Golf and Waterpark, complete with a pirate ship and medieval castle, allows the whole family to share some fun in the sun.
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...