Forbes declares cheapest prices ever for Mexico travel
As a consequence of the US election results, the Mexican peso hit an all-time low on 9th November and has since continued to slide. According to Forbes contributor, Larry Olmsted, this low value makes now the best time to travel to Mexico from a cost perspective. Olmsted shares what he thinks are the best Mexican destinations to spend cheap yet unforgettable holidays.
According to Forbes consultant Larry Olmsted, now is the best time to plan a dream holiday to Mexico for the lowest cost. After the US election results came through on 9th November, the Mexican peso hit an all-time low against the U.S. dollar. The currency now continues to devaluate. Only two days after, it had already lost approximately 12% of its worth. According to Chicago Tribune analysts, predictions an additional 7-25% in decline could arrive before year’s end, only six weeks away.
This truly historic event proves a great opportunity for American and international travellers who now have the chance to experience some of the most incredible holidays in Mexico for much lower prices. Olmsted recommends some of the best destinations tourists can try whilst taking advantage of the discounts.
Set on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, the Riviera Maya is filled with all kinds of amazing attractions. Travellers can discover Mayan ruins like Tulum, Coba and Chichen Itza, bathe in stunning beaches, taste delicious food, snorkel or scuba dive in the world’s second largest barrier reef or practice their swing at quality golf courses. Lodgings are also comfy and diverse, ranging from luxury boutique venues to all-inclusive properties.
San Jose de Cabo and Cabo San Lucas compose the twin city region of Los Cabos, known as “Mexico’s Hawaii”. Renowned for providing upscale tourism, Los Cabos comprise tons of luxury resorts, world-class golf courses, sports fishing and wonderful spas.
Foodies won’t be able to resist a trip to Oaxaca, the country’s culinary centre. Known for making some of the best moles in the world, this region is buzzing with restaurants where voyagers can taste delicious Mexican fare or even venture into learning the cooking secrets behind some of the recipes in hands-on cooking classes.
Though traditionally considered a business destination, Mexico’s capital has a lot to offer. Aside from luxury hotels like St. Regis and Four Seasons, Mexico City counts with a plethora of museums, night clubs and historic attractions including Teotihuacan, which contains two of the world’s largest pyramids.
San Miguel de Allende
Dating from the 16th century, San Miguel de Allende is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visitors adore this carefully-preserved colonial city which is famous for its arts and home to one of the country’s most prestigious schools for painters. Walking through the cobblestone streets and getting to know more of its history are great ways of seeing another side of Mexico.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Spoil yourself rotten with a pampering holiday at one of Cancun's most luxurious all inclusive resorts, with a long list of fully-included facilities, activities and services - everyone in the family is guaranteed to be pleased!
- Just 30 minutes away from Xcaret Park, an Ecological & Archaeological Theme Park with various family activities
- Explorer's Club for ages 3-12 and Core Zone for ages 9-17 provide a whole host of activities from euro-bungee to big screen movies on the beach
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Junior Suite Tropical View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- As well as food & beverages, Unlimited-Luxury includes theme parties, daytime and evening entertainment and all the activities at the kids and teens clubs
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine unique restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a pristine white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...