Forbes declares cheapest prices ever for Mexico travel
As a consequence of the US election results, the Mexican peso hit an all-time low on 9th November and has since continued to slide. According to Forbes contributor, Larry Olmsted, this low value makes now the best time to travel to Mexico from a cost perspective. Olmsted shares what he thinks are the best Mexican destinations to spend cheap yet unforgettable holidays.
According to Forbes consultant Larry Olmsted, now is the best time to plan a dream holiday to Mexico for the lowest cost. After the US election results came through on 9th November, the Mexican peso hit an all-time low against the U.S. dollar. The currency now continues to devaluate. Only two days after, it had already lost approximately 12% of its worth. According to Chicago Tribune analysts, predictions an additional 7-25% in decline could arrive before year’s end, only six weeks away.
This truly historic event proves a great opportunity for American and international travellers who now have the chance to experience some of the most incredible holidays in Mexico for much lower prices. Olmsted recommends some of the best destinations tourists can try whilst taking advantage of the discounts.
Set on the coast of the Yucatan Peninsula, the Riviera Maya is filled with all kinds of amazing attractions. Travellers can discover Mayan ruins like Tulum, Coba and Chichen Itza, bathe in stunning beaches, taste delicious food, snorkel or scuba dive in the world’s second largest barrier reef or practice their swing at quality golf courses. Lodgings are also comfy and diverse, ranging from luxury boutique venues to all-inclusive properties.
San Jose de Cabo and Cabo San Lucas compose the twin city region of Los Cabos, known as “Mexico’s Hawaii”. Renowned for providing upscale tourism, Los Cabos comprise tons of luxury resorts, world-class golf courses, sports fishing and wonderful spas.
Foodies won’t be able to resist a trip to Oaxaca, the country’s culinary centre. Known for making some of the best moles in the world, this region is buzzing with restaurants where voyagers can taste delicious Mexican fare or even venture into learning the cooking secrets behind some of the recipes in hands-on cooking classes.
Though traditionally considered a business destination, Mexico’s capital has a lot to offer. Aside from luxury hotels like St. Regis and Four Seasons, Mexico City counts with a plethora of museums, night clubs and historic attractions including Teotihuacan, which contains two of the world’s largest pyramids.
San Miguel de Allende
Dating from the 16th century, San Miguel de Allende is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visitors adore this carefully-preserved colonial city which is famous for its arts and home to one of the country’s most prestigious schools for painters. Walking through the cobblestone streets and getting to know more of its history are great ways of seeing another side of Mexico.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia® complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury® concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
Indulge in a true adults-only (over 21), urban experience at Oh! where you can take advantage of the hotel’s enviable...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...