The Holiday Place wore it pink for Breast Cancer Day last Friday
Joining the worldwide celebration of Wear it Pink Day, usually held on a Friday in late October, last 21st October The Holiday Place dressed in rosy colours to raise funds for compelling charity, Breast Cancer Research UK, and to draw attention to this important cause. After organising a special pink lunch buffet spread, the company was able to raise a not-too-shabby £151 towards finding the cure to this potentially fatal disease affecting women the world over.
For yet another year and in order to once again raise funds for Breast Cancer Research UK, last Friday The Holiday Place donned their pinkiest outfits and organised a pink-themed lunch extravaganza that involved a variety of tasty food fare, from savoury treats to sweet pink-coloured cupcakes, marshmallows and fairy cakes. With delicious items brought in by several of our staff members, access to the tasty buffet spread served was charged at £3 per person, with this money going directly to a pink piggy bank for Cancer Research UK.
Celebrating Breast Cancer Awareness Month, as in previous years, The Holiday Place stepped up to the annual challenge of raising funds for this vital charity, and it had fun while doing so by wearing pink and proudly working to raise awareness about this deadly malady to which so many women around the world are vulnerable.
In total, and thanks to everyone in the office putting in their grain of sand, the company was able to raise an impressive £151 total, not too bad considering it was all arranged at quite late notice and not all staff members were present on the day.
Thanks to charities like Breast Cancer Research UK and Breast Cancer Now, there are raised hopes for those affected by this disease, with their ultimate goal being that by 2050, every woman that develops breast cancer will live. They believe such a feat can be achieved if everyone acts now and chips in to keep funding vital breakthrough research and preventative measures.
The Holiday Place vows to continue contributing to finding a breast cancer cure year after year, with everyone in our office committed to make Wear it Pink day, a special day in our calendar, never to be overlooked.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
This stunning 4 star property, Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan hotel, offers guests an ideal base from which to discover Abu...