The Holiday Place wore it pink for Breast Cancer Day last Friday
Joining the worldwide celebration of Wear it Pink Day, usually held on a Friday in late October, last 21st October The Holiday Place dressed in rosy colours to raise funds for compelling charity, Breast Cancer Research UK, and to draw attention to this important cause. After organising a special pink lunch buffet spread, the company was able to raise a not-too-shabby £151 towards finding the cure to this potentially fatal disease affecting women the world over.
For yet another year and in order to once again raise funds for Breast Cancer Research UK, last Friday The Holiday Place donned their pinkiest outfits and organised a pink-themed lunch extravaganza that involved a variety of tasty food fare, from savoury treats to sweet pink-coloured cupcakes, marshmallows and fairy cakes. With delicious items brought in by several of our staff members, access to the tasty buffet spread served was charged at £3 per person, with this money going directly to a pink piggy bank for Cancer Research UK.
Celebrating Breast Cancer Awareness Month, as in previous years, The Holiday Place stepped up to the annual challenge of raising funds for this vital charity, and it had fun while doing so by wearing pink and proudly working to raise awareness about this deadly malady to which so many women around the world are vulnerable.
In total, and thanks to everyone in the office putting in their grain of sand, the company was able to raise an impressive £151 total, not too bad considering it was all arranged at quite late notice and not all staff members were present on the day.
Thanks to charities like Breast Cancer Research UK and Breast Cancer Now, there are raised hopes for those affected by this disease, with their ultimate goal being that by 2050, every woman that develops breast cancer will live. They believe such a feat can be achieved if everyone acts now and chips in to keep funding vital breakthrough research and preventative measures.
The Holiday Place vows to continue contributing to finding a breast cancer cure year after year, with everyone in our office committed to make Wear it Pink day, a special day in our calendar, never to be overlooked.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Unwind in an adults-only paradise upon white sands with a FREE room upgrade and HALF price accomodation
Stay in pure paradise at Pineapple Beach Club, surrounded by a stunning waterfront of spectacular powdery white sands, it's heaven on earth
- Rejuvenate at the luxurious hotel spa or keep active all the selection of All-Inclusive water and on land activities included during your stay
- Formerly Grand Pineapple Beach Resort, The Pineapple Beach Club is a newly renovated Adults-Only All Inclusive Paradise
- Book and save up to 50%Summer just got better with savings of up to 50% plus a FREE ROOM UPGRADE in selected rooms
- Dine Al Fresco with breathtaking views of the turquoise waters of Long Bay
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...