The Holiday Place wore it pink for Breast Cancer Day last Friday
Joining the worldwide celebration of Wear it Pink Day, usually held on a Friday in late October, last 21st October The Holiday Place dressed in rosy colours to raise funds for compelling charity, Breast Cancer Research UK, and to draw attention to this important cause. After organising a special pink lunch buffet spread, the company was able to raise a not-too-shabby £151 towards finding the cure to this potentially fatal disease affecting women the world over.
For yet another year and in order to once again raise funds for Breast Cancer Research UK, last Friday The Holiday Place donned their pinkiest outfits and organised a pink-themed lunch extravaganza that involved a variety of tasty food fare, from savoury treats to sweet pink-coloured cupcakes, marshmallows and fairy cakes. With delicious items brought in by several of our staff members, access to the tasty buffet spread served was charged at £3 per person, with this money going directly to a pink piggy bank for Cancer Research UK.
Celebrating Breast Cancer Awareness Month, as in previous years, The Holiday Place stepped up to the annual challenge of raising funds for this vital charity, and it had fun while doing so by wearing pink and proudly working to raise awareness about this deadly malady to which so many women around the world are vulnerable.
In total, and thanks to everyone in the office putting in their grain of sand, the company was able to raise an impressive £151 total, not too bad considering it was all arranged at quite late notice and not all staff members were present on the day.
Thanks to charities like Breast Cancer Research UK and Breast Cancer Now, there are raised hopes for those affected by this disease, with their ultimate goal being that by 2050, every woman that develops breast cancer will live. They believe such a feat can be achieved if everyone acts now and chips in to keep funding vital breakthrough research and preventative measures.
The Holiday Place vows to continue contributing to finding a breast cancer cure year after year, with everyone in our office committed to make Wear it Pink day, a special day in our calendar, never to be overlooked.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Free Sports including Golf at the 18 hole championship golf course at Le Touessrok Mauriitus
- Enjoy an selection of restaurants and Bar inlcuding s swim up bar
- Ambre resorts has stunning view of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 700-metres long white natural beach
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...