Costa Rica to host 4th annual Oktober Beerfest in San Jose
The fourth Oktober Beerfest will be taking place in this month in Costa Rica as it becomes the latest destination to sample a wide range of beers. The small country in Latin America has more than 40 microbreweries, and the capital San Jose will be hosting the event where local and international companies will come together to quench the thirst of beer-loving visitors.
Costa Rica will host the fourth edition of Oktober Beerfest this month in its capital San Jose. The country has become a popular destination in Latin America for beer-lovers and it has more than 40 microbreweries who each offer their signature beers and ales.
The Costa Rica Craft Brewers Association began a local movement in 2011 that would shape the country’s future of beer offerings and culture. San Jose is home to an array of new microbreweries and diverse beer suppliers, and Oktober Beerfest will bring local and international beer companies together where visitors can sample various beers within a tropical setting.
Pablo Formal, the organiser of Oktober Beerfest, stated:
"We are expecting to set a new record for the festival's 4th edition with over 2,000 more attendees than last year, we want this event to continue to bring family and friends together, as well as to bring awareness of Costa Rica's artisanal craft beer scene."
Taking place on 15th and 16th October, 2016 from 11am until midnight at Viva Park in Alajuela, the event is expecting approximately 14,000 people. Visitors will be able to enjoy traditional German dishes including sausages and brezels (Bavarian-style pretzels), live music and entertainment from Costa Rican and international acts, and more than 200 unique beers.
Costa Rica is one of Central America’s most popular destinations, and its magnificent natural landscapes attracts hundreds of thousands of international visitors every year. The country is fast-becoming a hotspot for adventure-seekers and tourists can climb volcanoes, go zip lining through tropical cloud forests, hike through dense jungles, and go surfing on two coastlines that face the Caribbean Sea and Pacific Ocean. With 25 per cent of Costa Rica protected, the country is teeming with wildlife and has 22 national parks, 12 biological reserves, 10 wildlife reserves, and eight forest reserves.
Last year, the tourism industry in Costa Rica recorded its most successful year, and visitor numbers reached more than 2,665,000. Earlier this year, British Airways launched new flights to the country, and tourism officials are expecting tourist arrivals to grow even more by the end of 2016.
One of the country’s most popular destinations include the Guanacaste province which is home to white sand beaches and the Rincon de la Vieja National Park with its flowing waterfalls and diverse wildlife. Another hotspot is the Arenal Volcano National Park where visitors can marvel at the majestic Arenal Volcano.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters.
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot of insight about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
- Learn more about Costa Rica with unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore Edit
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco -tourist dream destination
- This unique experience of canopy walkways allows you to experience the virgin cloud forest treetops. Through a bridge system you can marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
The perfect combination of culture, history and nature with some added downtime at the end to enjoy one of the world's best beaches
- Relax at the hot springs and mud baths, and try your hand at zip lining, horseback riding or river tubing.
- Visit the country's famous shoreline, cloud rainforests, volcano and the charming capital of San Jose
- Tour includes: San Jose City Tour, Sky Walk on Hanging Bridges, Buena Vista hot springs and mud baths, nature walk to La Pava and Salitral Waterfalls, horseback riding and more
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...