Costa Rica to host 4th annual Oktober Beerfest in San Jose
The fourth Oktober Beerfest will be taking place in this month in Costa Rica as it becomes the latest destination to sample a wide range of beers. The small country in Latin America has more than 40 microbreweries, and the capital San Jose will be hosting the event where local and international companies will come together to quench the thirst of beer-loving visitors.
Costa Rica will host the fourth edition of Oktober Beerfest this month in its capital San Jose. The country has become a popular destination in Latin America for beer-lovers and it has more than 40 microbreweries who each offer their signature beers and ales.
The Costa Rica Craft Brewers Association began a local movement in 2011 that would shape the country’s future of beer offerings and culture. San Jose is home to an array of new microbreweries and diverse beer suppliers, and Oktober Beerfest will bring local and international beer companies together where visitors can sample various beers within a tropical setting.
Pablo Formal, the organiser of Oktober Beerfest, stated:
"We are expecting to set a new record for the festival's 4th edition with over 2,000 more attendees than last year, we want this event to continue to bring family and friends together, as well as to bring awareness of Costa Rica's artisanal craft beer scene."
Taking place on 15th and 16th October, 2016 from 11am until midnight at Viva Park in Alajuela, the event is expecting approximately 14,000 people. Visitors will be able to enjoy traditional German dishes including sausages and brezels (Bavarian-style pretzels), live music and entertainment from Costa Rican and international acts, and more than 200 unique beers.
Costa Rica is one of Central America’s most popular destinations, and its magnificent natural landscapes attracts hundreds of thousands of international visitors every year. The country is fast-becoming a hotspot for adventure-seekers and tourists can climb volcanoes, go zip lining through tropical cloud forests, hike through dense jungles, and go surfing on two coastlines that face the Caribbean Sea and Pacific Ocean. With 25 per cent of Costa Rica protected, the country is teeming with wildlife and has 22 national parks, 12 biological reserves, 10 wildlife reserves, and eight forest reserves.
Last year, the tourism industry in Costa Rica recorded its most successful year, and visitor numbers reached more than 2,665,000. Earlier this year, British Airways launched new flights to the country, and tourism officials are expecting tourist arrivals to grow even more by the end of 2016.
One of the country’s most popular destinations include the Guanacaste province which is home to white sand beaches and the Rincon de la Vieja National Park with its flowing waterfalls and diverse wildlife. Another hotspot is the Arenal Volcano National Park where visitors can marvel at the majestic Arenal Volcano.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Explore the peaceful oasis that is Costa Rica and enjoy various activities that make for an unforgettable holiday
- A journey of discovery to an eco -tourist dream destination
- This unique experience of canopy walkways allows you to experience the virgin cloud forest treetops. Through a bridge system you can marvel at the world's most amazing and beautiful flora and fauna
- San Jose, Arenal, and the conservation project in Monteverde
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
The perfect combination of Costa Rican culture and nature with added time for beach relaxation
- Enjoy a tour with perfect balance of adventure, culture and relaxation sure to make for a holiday to remember
- Thrills include river-rafting and a guided walk through hanging bridges
- A relaxing beach at the end stay rounds up the experience offering a chance to recharge batteries
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife, it's an...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
The best holiday experience awaits for you at Palma Real Hotel & Casino in Costa Rica. Located just 5 minutes away from...
Country Inns & Suites in San Jose is located in the middle of everything, close to the shopping and attractions of the...
Located just a short walk from the city's main avenue and downtown, Park Inn by Radisson is a perfect base for exploring...