A magical Day of the Dead celebration is coming at Sandos Caracol
A spooky festivity is coming to Mexico’s Riviera Maya as the Sandos Caracol Eco Resort in Playa del Carmen gears up to celebrate Halloween in style. In Hispanic style that is, which means Day of the Dead, or “Dia de los Muertos”. The dark and creepy festivities will kick off on 1st November and extend all the way to the 2nd November for thrills and spills in authentic Mexican style. Be scared not, don (or paint on) a skull mask and join in the fun!
Celebrated one day after the Halloween celebrations on the English-speaking world, Mexicans take their Day of the Dead celebrations very seriously and the Sandos Caracol Eco Resort is no exception. To prove how they stay true to their Mexican roots they’re launching a mega party of epic spooky proportions on 1st November 2016, which will bay e carried on to the following day for non-stop scary action.
This amazing cultural event taking over the fantastic all-inclusive resort for two days, will showcase the spirit of this Mexican tradition complete with a make-up station where a skilled face painter will paint on elaborate masks to guests eager to dress up and be part of the action. Those waiting in line can partake in the rest of the festivities, observing ancient traditions come to life.
To celebrate the dead and the departed, there will be traditional skeleton parades, marigold-covered altars and many special surprises to be enjoyed whilst sampling local cuisine that is customarily prepared and served on these occasions.
A full programme is planned for this two-day celebration with kid-friendly activities that include making your own sugar skull and trick or treat crafts. Everyone is welcome to be part of the fun. Specifically for the littlest in the family, there will be trick or treating action at the Kids Club from where the youngest will depart and walk around the hotel (escorted) greeting guests and asking them for treats to fill up their skull-shaped little bowls.
Grown-ups and kids alike can enjoy the fair at the Fun Village in the hotel’s tennis courts, with games, sweets, toys and music. Bands will perform traditional music live with mariachis in costumes, a Jarocho band staging a convert at sunset and a musical trio honouring the dead in a makeshift cemetery, where you’ll be able to see first-hand how their Mexicans serenade their diseased loved ones and celebrate life after death.
To make it all the merrier there will be comedy shows by a typical Mexican “charro”, a live “nortena” band, candlelit offerings at the resort’s cenote with floating candles, a traditional Day of the Dead dinner, a nightly tour guaranteed to give you goosebumps as you learn about the region’s spookiest stories and an artisan shop to take away a cherished souvenir of this deadly party.
All that and more is part of Sandos Caracol’s authentic Xcalacoco experience, a Day of the Dead extravaganza you won’t forget in a hurry. The setting couldn’t be more perfect either as this all-inclusive resort is beautifully poised on a protected stretch of land in the Riviera Maya, surrounded by lush jungle everywhere. And you won’t have pay a penny extra to enjoy the spookily fun festivities! Let the deadly action begin…
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Live it up and Experience Cancun in unlimited luxury that knows no bounds at Dreams Sands Cancun Resort and Spa
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Enjoy the best of Cancun in an eight-day retreat that will both relax and energise you completely. Your home for your...
Immerse yourself in eight divine days of delight at the Occidental Cozumel in Playa San Francisco. Sit back and relax in...
Playa del Carmen is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Spend eight days revelling in the fine white sands...