A magical Day of the Dead celebration is coming at Sandos Caracol
A spooky festivity is coming to Mexico’s Riviera Maya as the Sandos Caracol Eco Resort in Playa del Carmen gears up to celebrate Halloween in style. In Hispanic style that is, which means Day of the Dead, or “Dia de los Muertos”. The dark and creepy festivities will kick off on 1st November and extend all the way to the 2nd November for thrills and spills in authentic Mexican style. Be scared not, don (or paint on) a skull mask and join in the fun!
Celebrated one day after the Halloween celebrations on the English-speaking world, Mexicans take their Day of the Dead celebrations very seriously and the Sandos Caracol Eco Resort is no exception. To prove how they stay true to their Mexican roots they’re launching a mega party of epic spooky proportions on 1st November 2016, which will bay e carried on to the following day for non-stop scary action.
This amazing cultural event taking over the fantastic all-inclusive resort for two days, will showcase the spirit of this Mexican tradition complete with a make-up station where a skilled face painter will paint on elaborate masks to guests eager to dress up and be part of the action. Those waiting in line can partake in the rest of the festivities, observing ancient traditions come to life.
To celebrate the dead and the departed, there will be traditional skeleton parades, marigold-covered altars and many special surprises to be enjoyed whilst sampling local cuisine that is customarily prepared and served on these occasions.
A full programme is planned for this two-day celebration with kid-friendly activities that include making your own sugar skull and trick or treat crafts. Everyone is welcome to be part of the fun. Specifically for the littlest in the family, there will be trick or treating action at the Kids Club from where the youngest will depart and walk around the hotel (escorted) greeting guests and asking them for treats to fill up their skull-shaped little bowls.
Grown-ups and kids alike can enjoy the fair at the Fun Village in the hotel’s tennis courts, with games, sweets, toys and music. Bands will perform traditional music live with mariachis in costumes, a Jarocho band staging a convert at sunset and a musical trio honouring the dead in a makeshift cemetery, where you’ll be able to see first-hand how their Mexicans serenade their diseased loved ones and celebrate life after death.
To make it all the merrier there will be comedy shows by a typical Mexican “charro”, a live “nortena” band, candlelit offerings at the resort’s cenote with floating candles, a traditional Day of the Dead dinner, a nightly tour guaranteed to give you goosebumps as you learn about the region’s spookiest stories and an artisan shop to take away a cherished souvenir of this deadly party.
All that and more is part of Sandos Caracol’s authentic Xcalacoco experience, a Day of the Dead extravaganza you won’t forget in a hurry. The setting couldn’t be more perfect either as this all-inclusive resort is beautifully poised on a protected stretch of land in the Riviera Maya, surrounded by lush jungle everywhere. And you won’t have pay a penny extra to enjoy the spookily fun festivities! Let the deadly action begin…
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Spoil yourself rotten with a pampering holiday at one of Cancun's most luxurious all inclusive resorts, with a long list of fully-included facilities, activities and services - everyone in the family is guaranteed to be pleased!
- Just 30 minutes away from Xcaret Park, an Ecological & Archaeological Theme Park with various family activities
- Explorer's Club for ages 3-12 and Core Zone for ages 9-17 provide a whole host of activities from euro-bungee to big screen movies on the beach
- Book now and Enjoy a fantastic upgrade to Preferred Club Junior Suite Tropical View Room and gain various added values including Upgraded mini-bar service and bath amenities
- As well as food & beverages, Unlimited-Luxury includes theme parties, daytime and evening entertainment and all the activities at the kids and teens clubs
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...