A magical Day of the Dead celebration is coming at Sandos Caracol
A spooky festivity is coming to Mexico’s Riviera Maya as the Sandos Caracol Eco Resort in Playa del Carmen gears up to celebrate Halloween in style. In Hispanic style that is, which means Day of the Dead, or “Dia de los Muertos”. The dark and creepy festivities will kick off on 1st November and extend all the way to the 2nd November for thrills and spills in authentic Mexican style. Be scared not, don (or paint on) a skull mask and join in the fun!
Celebrated one day after the Halloween celebrations on the English-speaking world, Mexicans take their Day of the Dead celebrations very seriously and the Sandos Caracol Eco Resort is no exception. To prove how they stay true to their Mexican roots they’re launching a mega party of epic spooky proportions on 1st November 2016, which will bay e carried on to the following day for non-stop scary action.
This amazing cultural event taking over the fantastic all-inclusive resort for two days, will showcase the spirit of this Mexican tradition complete with a make-up station where a skilled face painter will paint on elaborate masks to guests eager to dress up and be part of the action. Those waiting in line can partake in the rest of the festivities, observing ancient traditions come to life.
To celebrate the dead and the departed, there will be traditional skeleton parades, marigold-covered altars and many special surprises to be enjoyed whilst sampling local cuisine that is customarily prepared and served on these occasions.
A full programme is planned for this two-day celebration with kid-friendly activities that include making your own sugar skull and trick or treat crafts. Everyone is welcome to be part of the fun. Specifically for the littlest in the family, there will be trick or treating action at the Kids Club from where the youngest will depart and walk around the hotel (escorted) greeting guests and asking them for treats to fill up their skull-shaped little bowls.
Grown-ups and kids alike can enjoy the fair at the Fun Village in the hotel’s tennis courts, with games, sweets, toys and music. Bands will perform traditional music live with mariachis in costumes, a Jarocho band staging a convert at sunset and a musical trio honouring the dead in a makeshift cemetery, where you’ll be able to see first-hand how their Mexicans serenade their diseased loved ones and celebrate life after death.
To make it all the merrier there will be comedy shows by a typical Mexican “charro”, a live “nortena” band, candlelit offerings at the resort’s cenote with floating candles, a traditional Day of the Dead dinner, a nightly tour guaranteed to give you goosebumps as you learn about the region’s spookiest stories and an artisan shop to take away a cherished souvenir of this deadly party.
All that and more is part of Sandos Caracol’s authentic Xcalacoco experience, a Day of the Dead extravaganza you won’t forget in a hurry. The setting couldn’t be more perfect either as this all-inclusive resort is beautifully poised on a protected stretch of land in the Riviera Maya, surrounded by lush jungle everywhere. And you won’t have pay a penny extra to enjoy the spookily fun festivities! Let the deadly action begin…
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all inclusive luxury 24 Hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Unlimited-Luxury with gourmet dining and premium beverages in a choice of six reservation-free restaurants and five stylish bars
- Enjoy endless activities - from kayaking to snorkelling, windsurfing and much more
- Pamper yourself with innovative treatments at the Now Spa by Pevonia
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Stay in an adults only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine.
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
No matter if you're returning or if this is your first time to Cancun, days full of entertainment and fine dining at the...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...